What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dissapointed

c_eagle

Juniors
After getting messed around with release dates and the hype surrounding this game, im so very dissapointed. The game is average at best. I got it around 2 hours ago and am already sick of it. Its so much like the demo its not funny, it doesn't resemble rugby league in the slightest.

nibbs

Bench
Is that because you've been losing lots or finding the controls hard? What is wrong with it?

When I played it yesterday, I found it to be questionable but it has growing on me really quickly and now I really like it and I'm locking foward to months of fun filled game play :idea: I reckon you need to give it more than 2 hours...

HBG

Juniors
nibbletjones said:
Is that because you've been losing lots or finding the controls hard? What is wrong with it?

When I played it yesterday, I found it to be questionable but it has growing on me really quickly and now I really like it and I'm locking foward to months of fun filled game play :idea: I reckon you need to give it more than 2 hours...

I recall the same comments on rleague.com when the demo came out.

After some time everyone started to enjoy it etc.

Give it time.

broncos4eva

Juniors
OK, i think what needs to be done here is things need to be put into perspective. Firstly, its not bloody bad for a first up effort hey?.I think we all need to relaise that it would never or could never be perfect on its first attempt. It shits all over Rugby and AFL and it shows that hopefully the second attempt (hopefully depending on sales) will rock like nothing on this earth!!

Games like AFL 2004 & Rugby 2004 have had a game or 2 before them come out with the same producer etc and look how crap they all turned out???? I mean, Rugby League and Rugby 2004 are NOT comparable. Rugby League beats it in ALL areas. SIDHE had to start from the bttom up on this game with no previous structure or models to model it on. WELL DONE SIDHE & HES, SUPERB EFFORT GUYS.

axl rose

Bench
c_eagle said:
. Its so much like the demo its not funny, .

wtf that is like my worst nightmare someone saying that! well give us some reasons why it "doesnt resemble rugby league" hmm anyhow thats the second person ive come across who didnt like the game and 1000 who love it! :D

nibbs

Bench
axl rose said:
c_eagle said:

wtf that is like my worst nightmare someone saying that! well give us some reasons why it "doesnt resemble rugby league" hmm anyhow thats the second person ive come across who didnt like the game and 1000 who love it! :D

don't fret. Its nothing like the demo...

ripper

Can't blame him - the way all you leaguies were hyping it all up, everyone expected to be up to Madden Quality.

I reckon it will take until the 2nd or even the 3rd attempt for it to be equal then say Madden 2001 (which I thought was the best madden until Madden 2004 & and that only took the cake because of owner mode.)

Its fun, but I too was a bit disappointed, it might mainly because Im used to EA Sports games like Madden.

I will admit its better then every Union apart from Jonah Lomu Rugby though.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I reckon it seriously is pretty similar to the demo honestly, just the whole gameplay the only thing i noticed that's better is the scrums look better.

The graphics have improved slightly but i reckon going on this forum made me get excited to much and get high expectations of the game, if i didn't have the internet i reckon i would enjoy the game more but i didn't play it for long i was at my mates house but i'm getting my copy at 3:30pm so i'll judge it after i've played it for a fair while. That's just my opinion at this current moment after couple hours of play.

axl rose

Bench
nibbletjones said:
axl rose said:
c_eagle said:

don't fret. Its nothing like the demo...

ah ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I was going to question what SIDHE had been doing for the last 12 months otherwise! I have heard people say goal kicking isto hard then some people say kicking is to easy. Then some people say the graphics are good then another person said they are terrible! :?: well its probably best to say off the forums till i get my copy tomorrow ( better be :twisted: )

Paullyboy

Coach
To be honest it is a great effort for a first time, but the thing that needs to be considered here is - that if you are going to make a game you know isnt brilliant why is it charged so high? 90 bucks is a bloody lot of money for a young fella (im lucky because i work but other people dont have that luxury). Point is its not good enough to charge people a full price if its going to be written off as 'a first attempt'.

But tahts getting sidetracked, sorry.

c_eagle

Juniors
Ok, Im back after two hours and uhh.. I'd like to eat my words. The game rocks, you just have to get the hang of it. At first I tried to play too conservative, I got pissed off with that so i tried to play way too "harlem globetrotterish" and now i've found a nice balance. The gameplay is really good and the speed is now alot easier to control.

I think whoever gets the game should persist with it a few hours because its a little tough at first to get used to.

Parra_Eels

Bench
can't wait till i get it. that seems to happen with me in every game it takes a while to get used to then its enjoyable.

Anonymous

Juniors
At first I tried to play too conservative, I got pissed off with that so i tried to play way too "harlem globetrotterish" and now i've found a nice balance.

This sums it up perfectly. It's amazing how little faults that you perceive in the gameplay can totally wreck your playing experience. I have a confession here, yesterday my brother came home and played me, and he beat 50-4 :lol: At that point I was completely disillusioned as he hadn't played as much as me, and I thought there must be something screwy with the game play (my little brother is not known as noted games master.) Anyway, a couple of games later I was competing evenly with him and beating him, just because I had realised a more effective way of defending. Just keep trying, give it time.

budz

Juniors
ripper73 said:
Can't blame him - the way all you leaguies were hyping it all up, everyone expected to be up to Madden Quality.
We all reckoned it was awesome because compared to the shit union and NFL games this is awesome!!

incredible_holc

Juniors
seriously i hate f**kers who go 'it was alright for a 1st game' dickheads !!!!! we spent $100 on it. Btw at first i thought it was shit but then it grew on us, but its very average, espescially some of the bugs

Moffo

Referee
how is it like the demo?

What a crock of shit, its nothing like it, gameplay is way better

Cheers,
Moffo

Parra_Eels

Bench
so will there be a new one in the forseeable future or will we have to survive another 7 years of no rugby league game

Latest posts