What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do teams BYO ballboys to away games ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
You better stick to watching AFL and stalking Bunniesman.

You have no idea about anything else.

fail

One thing this does highlight is that Sandow is slightly smarter than I gave him credit for. I don't think I've seen anyone else perform a tap with his knee before. Obviously knows his rules better than the rest of us.

2014 Rulebook

Sandow's use of the knee WAS legal. Doesn't change the outcome of the ballboy/Toutai call but the Sandow was entitled to use his knee.

The ref had already called time off as Sandow caught it.
It would have been called back anyway because he tapped it in his knee but the touchie signalled play to be stopped and the ref stopped it before Sandow got it.

retch

Juniors
Found some footage so I got the frames where he taps the ball and made a slow loop.

The quality of the footage is very poor.

Benefit of the doubt for me is he taps it just above his knee.

14so36r.jpg

whall15

Coach
As much as it pains me to say it I can see El D's point.

I could envisage a scenario where Sandow has tapped the ball on his knee in accordance with the rules. He then slightly lifts the ball up whilst running giving the incorrect perception that he is tapping the ball on his thigh on that screenshot instead of running with the ball in hand.

I think we would need to see a clip of the incident and/or a frame-by-frame analysis before determining what part of the body Sandow tapped the ball on.

bottle

Coach
Some people are double jointed.
Maybe Chrissy is double kneed. He might have a second knee three inches above his regular knee.
This would explain all given that there is clear video evidence of him tapping the ball three inches above his regular knee.
And Morris was in.
And in the end, isn't that all that matters?

jono

Juniors
I think he deserved a try just for having the balls to go for it with three minutes left to play

Parra

Referee
Who came up with the rule that you can tap with your knee?

Boot - what is wrong with tapping the ball with your boot?

Parra

Referee
Billy Slater now has a ready made excuse when he gets called for kneeing a player.

"Thighed him"

betcats

Referee
Nrl considering going back to a scrum because parra are too stupid to work out how a quick tap works. What a joke.

bottle

Coach
betcats said:
I like more quick taps, scrums are just a waste of time.
Not opposed to them as such, I just think they don't work in this case. They have proven to be a dog's breakfast. Let it be a tap, just let both sides set themselves first. Still a massive advantage to the attacking team.

Danish

Referee
Why don't we introduce the quick scrum... The ball is fed 20 seconds after it goes out, regardless of whether or not its packed.

If you aren't binded or back the 5, you are offside.

It would work I tell you :sarcasm:

bottle

Coach
Why don't we introduce the quick scrum... The ball is fed 20 seconds after it goes out, regardless of whether or not its packed.

If you aren't binded or back the 5, you are offside.

It would work I tell you :sarcasm:

See, this is the kind of thinking we need to get Topball world wide recognition.
Get this to Greenberg, stat.

The Partisan

Nine years on I have a couple of follow up questions 😁

Is there a minimum age to be a ballkid these days ?

Do you think it is an appropriate age ?

PS. I wonder what happened to the ballkid of 2014 ? Became a referee or parking inspector ? 😉

Nine years on I have a couple of follow up questions 😁

Is there a minimum age to be a ballkid these days ?

Do you think it is an appropriate age ?

PS. I wonder what happened to the ballkid of 2014 ? Became a referee or parking inspector ? 😉

Go ask Brett Finch. He got his start as a ballboy at the Newcastle Knights as his dad Robert was the Reserve Grade Coach at the Knights. Joey Johns hgas a nice anecdote about it - https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/andrew...y-sledge/054b410c-e76c-4670-9138-4d27b5ed7272

Latest posts