What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we have any ohter halfbacks?

Angry_eel

First Grade
The week before was bad and this week was worse. Finch is not a halfback. Can keating control a team? What happened to the couple of halfbacks we bought a couple of halves in the lower grades. i know they might be young but seeing the match from yesterday i don't we have much of a choice. eventually it will have to be:

6 K Keating
7 ?

I know Finch has a 3 year contract but as much heart and passion he has i don't think he'll be a able to handle the fickness and knives of our fans(including me).

jk13

First Grade
ohter? must be from the german eels, heard he makes great sauerkraut

Bazal

Post Whore
The problem, for this year, is that the next in line is injured in Trent Hodkinson. I don't know too much about Maloney except that he doesn't really seem to stand out for Wenty, and is probably a similar style halfback to Finch, so he's probably not worth it. I think Keating is probably not the player you want guiding a team, he's more of your impact five-eighth, for want of a better term...he'll pop up with flashes of brilliance or supporting a runner but he won't really be able to take a team around the park. I'm not sold on Mortimer as a halfback either to be perfectly honest, he seems like more of a ball runner than a real commanding half at this stage. That said, I'm not seeing too much leadership from Finch at the moment anyway, and perhaps a rookie half would put the onus back on the other idiots to actually command the side...but I just don't see many options short of throwing a youngster in and seeing if he swims. Which might be viable if Finch continues his woeful ways.

parra pete

Referee
ohter? must be from the german eels, heard he makes great sauerkraut

One thing to remember when eating in a German restaurant: No matter how bad
the appetizer is, the wurst is yet to come... But the good news is that
you'll always be with the "in kraut."

parra pete

Referee
How would you describe a Dinner Party between Brett (y) Finch, Bazal and Ronny J...
It'd be Finch and Chimps.....:lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dont need any other half Finch should be able to lead the team around... problem is he doesnt get the best support...

MrT

Juniors
Hodgkiinson, wouldn't get a run unless Finch got injured.
I wonder what Hodgkinson thinks of Finch's 3 year deal, will probably go to another club.

We need to bite the bullet, KK needs to play in No.6 now and for the rest of the year, whats the point of holding him back?

Unfortunately Mortimer and Kelly are too young

MrT

Juniors
Dont need any other half Finch should be able to lead the team around... problem is he doesnt get the best support...

We need a half that aswell as leading the team around has some individual brilliance. unfortunately Finch has none.

The speed of our attack is so slow it's not funny

Angry_eel

First Grade

One thing to remember when eating in a German restaurant: No matter how bad
the appetizer is, the wurst is yet to come... But the good news is that
you'll always be with the "in kraut."

Pointless post #4285

How would you describe a Dinner Party between Brett (y) Finch, Bazal and Ronny J...
It'd be Finch and Chimps.....:lol:
Pointless post #4286

Angry_eel

First Grade
nah, just sick of reading the blame game

If you compared all the posters here about the blame game i would be one of the slower ones in blaming players and Parra Pete, Jarryd's the best and jayjayselmes would have to be the fastest.

I think i have seen in the last 3 weeks that Finch tries hard, is passionate and wears his heart on the sleeve. However, his kicking game, his last tackle options and his ability to lead the team around aren't the best. it was hard to notice all these things earlier cause Tim was leading the side around and Finch did the little things.

You can blame the forwards but the roosters weren't full strength either and their halves had a brilliant game. We need KK and another halfback, who that is, i don't know.

yy_cheng

Coach
It doesn't matter what halfback goes in, we'd still play the same. Our game hasn't changed for many years even with a change of 2 coaches.

I agree with whoever said it was the trainers.

Screw everything else. Let's just get our defense on track and make teams fear our defense first.

Once we have space and have won the ruck, the attack will come.

Besides not putting on enough points in the first half, our game was quite good in both defense and enthusiasm and quick plays.

However, once we started getting dominated and started getting tired, the defensive lapses came. BRING BACK SHARPIE !!!

Curleel

Juniors
Agree with YY, our halves are not playing well but they never will while the team is not defending well and running hard through the forwards in attack. Tighten up the defence and get the forwards bending back opposition defences and we might have a chance, we need a dose of enthusiasm from our well paid, big name forwards in particular !

Latest posts