What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you know your neighbours?

Do you know your neighbours

• Total voters

Nealo 12

First Grade
Well do you?

I can only say I observe them occasionally, not watching, just notice.

I have not spoken in decades to various one's.

Is it still a thing, knowning your neighbours?
Getting High Smoking Pot GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Maybe its it's your appearance

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No I have always kept my neighbours at no more than a friendly wave. I do have friends and family however that know thier neighbours name and sometimes hangout. Each to thier own, I am a neighbour who is quite and keeps to myself.
A friendly wave is OK and should never be underestimated. If more people did that there be a lot less wars. For some reason I keep running into my neighbours in the street.... mostly talking local neighbour stuff. No one has a gun, as far as I know.

Wizardman

First Grade
Sadly, I've had to report mine to local council yesterday. Their pitbull ran into my property and very nearly tore me into pieces.
The dog has shown aggression in the past and I very nearly reported the last incident just before Xmas.....but when a dog runs 30 metres into your property to run within half a metre of you growling and slowly walking towards you, it is time to draw the line. The dog ignored its neighbours calls until a few moments after it got to me.

Incorrect

Coach
Sadly, I've had to report mine to local council yesterday. Their pitbull ran into my property and very nearly tore me into pieces.
The dog has shown aggression in the past and I very nearly reported the last incident just before Xmas.....but when a dog runs 30 metres into your property to run within half a metre of you growling and slowly walking towards you, it is time to draw the line. The dog ignored its neighbours calls until a few moments after it got to me.
Yeah that dog needs to be culled. Sounds like a matter of time before it maims someone permanently or worse still, kills someone (if it happened to get to a young child).... Hopefully the neighbours play ball and the right outcome can be arrived at.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yeah that dog needs to be culled. Sounds like a matter of time before it maims someone permanently or worse still, kills someone (if it happened to get to a young child).... Hopefully the neighbours play ball and the right outcome can be arrived at.
Yep, first time I've ever complained to council about anything ever. I will say my neighbours are usually pretty good in locking up their dog overall......but they are definitely not perfect. If a person decides to own a dog like this one....they practically have to be perfect with a lot of things surrounding owning a dog like this one.
You are right in that the dog will seriously damage someone. If it was a kid or someone that panicked in my situation, they would be in extreme danger. If the owner was not there trying to call their dog away, I would have been attacked.
I hated making that complaint as it damages neighbour relations, but I had no choice.....that dog will rip someone apart and I don't want it on my conscience that I didn't try to do anything about it.

Nutz

Bench
Sorry to hear this mate and if it wasn't you it could have been a kid.
I put that squarely on the owners and not the dog.
Obviously some dog breeds like the Pitbull are awesome dogs but can turn savage for various reasons, usually if the dog feels there is a threat to the owner or it's territory. There is something that has triggered the attack. (You weren't wearing a pommy jersey were you)
The best way to avoid confrontation is to sit down with your neighbour in the back yard and have a beer/coffee with the dog restrained or have a see through barrier. Pool glass panels are good.
After a while the dog knows who's side your on and will eventually be a friend.
Your situ may be different if there is a dislike between you and the neighbour to start with.
I've assisted in rehabilitation of angry abused dogs in the past.

Nutz

Bench
I always make a point of introducing ourselves to the neighbours even if its only to help with neighbourhood watch.
After while if we all get on and trust each other we exchange phone numbers and call if something weird is happening, leaking gas/water or someone is lurking around the properties.
The title of this thread reminds me of how Australians acted years ago, especially during the depression years or when the town's infrastructure wasn't perfect eg public transport, goods and services etc.
My dad car pooled with his neighbour and I've done it also.
On one side of our house we have Ukrainians who were on some sort of travel working visa before the invasion and were allowed to stay here...they are awesome, and on the otherside are Manly supporters [arseholes, just kidding, also awesome people.

Latest posts