What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you listen to game coverage on the radio?

Do you listen to game coverage on the radio?

• Yes all the time

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Yes sometimes

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters

jbl31649

Juniors
ABC Radio for me - beats the other crap hands down. 2GB is just a pisstake - its an embarrassment to not only our code, but also the media of our country.

and Roy/HG got screwed by all of them, best commentators of SOO ever. Go Giddy-up gids, damit Coff drop again...

Saints fan

Juniors
Absolutely I do. Radio Sport usually have 4-5 games live on the weekend and I will listen to the rest online. The only exception is the Dragons games which I watch at the pub.

Dakink

Bench
Monday night MMM was ok, Sterlo, Geyer, Johns guess it'll be different this year. Ray Ray mmm, I like Blocker and Andrew, but ABC can sometimes be ordinary.

There are times when I find myself driving, so can not watch the game and I am glad Radio still covers footy. I never use to listen radio as a kid/teen though, appreciate it more as I get older.

Couldnt tell you about MMM because in its magic wisdom, the NRL decided that this section of NSW (Far North coast) doesnt deserve to have radio coverage of Monday night games...

Give it to ABC Grandstand and leave it there, by far the best for mine. Just make sure EVERY game goes out to all regions.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i used to as a kid (always loved the "around the grounds" updates..)..

but living in victoria, hearing "the proper football" on radio is difficult as most stations simply cover 83 different grades of AFL...

i do like to have it on the radio if ever i am doing a car trip through NSW on the weekends tho..

Canard

Immortal
ABC Grandstand is easily the best League channel.

These days though, unless you are in your car its much easier to just watch the games on a online stream.

Muz I had a digital radio that is now broken and I could pickup the League during the season in Melbourne (on the other ABC channels). I dont know if this is still the case for 2012 though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do sometimes.

Might be working on a project in the shed, with the footy on in the background.

ABC only.

juro

Bench
Who listens to the radio?
sports

SEAT 1A

Bench
Gave 2GB a go in Sunday as the shield was played the night before thinking they may start the show with a little bit of footy.

Nope, after the intros they kicked the show off about shitty service they recieved at some restauant and then came the ads.

Switched back to ABC grandstand with no ads until the cricket. How fugging hard is it to talk about the footy.

All I have to do now is buy a small digital radio I can give 9 the flick as well.

Billythekid

First Grade
Yes it's a lot of fun too. It's kind of annoying how little radio coverage we get. I could maybe understand if we were making a lot of money but we make pretty much nothing.

Let everyone call the games even if it means we get no money. It's worth the publicity.

Only listen if I am stuck in the car and only listen to the ABC.

You mean 2GB actually still call games? You could have me fooled.

Sleep

Juniors
The 2 PM game on a Sunday all the time. I'm usually doing something around the house and will put it on to listen to it.

I don't have Fox so it's the easiest option for me to follow the game if it's one worth keeping tabs on.