What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you play for a club?

Southern Rooster said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Two years with the Marrickville Red Devils and seven with the Bexley North Bombers.

Started off at right mid but moved to right back.

Did anyone ever get a straight red card and have to go face "The Federation" at St George Soccer Stadium?

No but as a coach I have been there. It was actually at Mortdale at the ole St George Budapest Club back in those days.

I got three weeks.

I still laugh when I read the refs report that they gave to me. Lying bastard. :lol:

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I only ever had one card in my career, and to this day I have no idea what the ref was talking about. Somebody played a through-ball and I raced through trying to score while the goalie rushed out to get it. He got the ball before I did and I turned around to run back into position. Suddenly the ref blew his whistle, started pulling out the cards and indicated the person behind me to go to him. I turn around, see nobody is behind me and realise he's talking to me. :?

Apparantly I threw my elbow at the goalkeeper when I turned around. Now, I don't know about you, but I would think I would know if I did that. lol, I almost turned my first and only yellow card into my first and only red card by argueing. :lol:

Foz

Bench
Mad Dogg said:
I only ever had one card in my career, and to this day I have no idea what the ref was talking about. Somebody played a through-ball and I raced through trying to score while the goalie rushed out to get it. He got the ball before I did and I turned around to run back into position. Suddenly the ref blew his whistle, started pulling out the cards and indicated the person behind me to go to him. I turn around, see nobody is behind me and realise he's talking to me. :?

Apparantly I threw my elbow at the goalkeeper when I turned around. Now, I don't know about you, but I would think I would know if I did that. lol, I almost turned my first and only yellow card into my first and only red card by argueing. :lol:

Pussy striker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I use to get 3 yellow cards a year.
Never racked up enough points to be suspended.
I reckon I deserved them all too.
Its amazing what you do and dont do when you know how to exploit the system.
I never got sent but that was more good luck than good management.
One day I pulled off a save that would of done Ray Clemence proud.
Problem was I was playing stopper not keeper.
I started walking but the ref only gave me a yellow.
I was more surprised than anyone.
The keeper saved the penalty too.
The opposition werent happy but its funny when you talk to the guys during and after the game-they all said they would of done the same thing.

Dog-E

Juniors
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Two years with the Marrickville Red Devils and seven with the Bexley North Bombers.

Started off at right mid but moved to right back.

Did anyone ever get a straight red card and have to go face "The Federation" at St George Soccer Stadium?

When I got sent off for the one & only time of my career 2 seasons ago (TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!) I had to go to Burwood RSL to 'face the music' of the Canterbury District judiciary?

....fortunately, that ref that sent me for "Aggressively abusing & swearing AT him" (When all I said was was AHHH YOU'RE #^@&ING JOKING!??" Not To him...but a good 10 metres away, not even looking at, or moving towards him - my head raised to the sky in frustration after he ignored a blatant handball in the box...after MANY previously missed blatantly obvious incidents had left me more than a little frustrated - Naughty, naughty me yes, fair enough - but that is a YELLOW card offence...at WORST!) was a well known drama-queen tosser in the district, and so - I deservedly got off scott-free on a suspension!...Plus we actually ended up coming back from 2-3 down in the game after I was sent off to draw 3-3 - Justice was served!!! :D

Bah!!..If there's something the last 13 years have taught me - it's that the refs in the Caterbury District - no matter what the level...are APALLING!! :? And don't even get me started on the linesemen!!!!!!!! Buuuuuuut having said that - I wouldn't like their jobs...Thanks for turning up each & every weekend (Well - mostly!) guys & girls! ;-)

Ando67

Juniors
Have played for West Ryde Rovers Premier league

As i got older West Ryde Eagles (All in the Gladesville-Hornsby comp)

Then played for Bligh Park(Nepean District)And over 35's
Until i broke my leg Jan 2004

My eldest son now playing under 14's has played with Hawkesbury,Scofields CSI and this season is playing for Penrith Nepean

Dogaholic

First Grade
Dog-E,
....fortunately, that ref that sent me for "Aggressively abusing & swearing AT him" (When all I said was was AHHH YOU'RE #^@&ING JOKING!??" Not To him...but a good 10 metres away, not even looking at, or moving towards him - my head raised to the sky in frustration after he ignored a blatant handball in the box...after MANY previously missed blatantly obvious incidents had left me more than a little frustrated - Naughty, naughty me yes, fair enough - but that is a YELLOW card offence...at WORST!) was a well known drama-queen tosser in the district

I think i've had him too :lol: :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
He was a balding, Indian fella...ab-so-lutely CLUELESS!! I've seen him give a defender that made a DIVING save on the goal-line - a more obvious handball & cynical professional foul you will NEVER see - just a yellow card!...I've seen him book the WRONG player after an incident...then stubbornly refuse to change his mind, even tho the guilty player fessed up to him, and of course - I saw him send me off!!! :evil:

He just seems to ref in whatever mood he woke up that morning...totally randomly, with no regard for the actual laws of the game at all!!>...We have some dodgy refs in our district allright - but this bloke absolutely takes the cake!...Ahhhh, but u just gotta laugh! :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
Actually, I don't think I have had that one. Sounds pretty bad!

Another ref that I had in the Bankstown district in my Birrong days was not that bad, but not that far from it. We were defending a free kick, and as you do when the ball is struck, we all jumped to block the ball. He gave a free kick against us for "unsportsman like behaviour" and moved the free kick 10m closer, then another 10m when we argued. I then got my first and only ever Red card for calling him a d*ckhead.

Latest posts