What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Rate Benji Marshall?

Do You Rate Benji Marshall?

• Yes

Votes: 123 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 16.3%

• Total voters

Parrasque

Juniors
He is a shocking defender. His attack is ok, but is not enough to make up for his shocking defence

>zuzu<

Juniors
Greater attacker and a great support player...Defensivly..just as bad as Lockyer..if not..WORSE!

innsaneink

Referee
Parrasque said:
He is a shocking defender. His attack is ok, but is not enough to make up for his shocking defence
Mmmm...two tries he conceded to the "worlds best center"....who in turn let in three himself.
Not to mention his first game back from a shoulder recon and playing half a game with a broken face. But yeh his defence is 'shocking'. :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
His defense is not that bad. Its quite pathetic that some people will immediately assume he's a bad defender based purely on last nights effort.

His opposite 5/8, Trent Barrett, was actually far worse in defense last night. He fell off two tackles that led to tries. Atleast Benji's mistakes were to do with being placed on the wing and not taking grubbers or being outjumped by Gasnier.

Bottom line is, anyone who doesnt rate Benji is either jealous or doesnt know anything about the game. He's a superstar already and arguably the best 5/8in the game.

Balmain_Boy

I really don't think his defense is that bad BUT, I can see why some do. Try and remember he's had dodgy shoulders for 3 seasons and only now are they 100%. It'll take him a little while to get into the swing of things.

Either way, you can have Tim Smith/John Morris, i'm more than happy with Scott Prince/Benji Marshall for this season.

Spike

First Grade
I don't like it when a coach shifts a player out of position to hide them in defence. It shows that the coach does not have enough confidence in the player. Same has what Lang did with Campbell when at the Sharks but now Campbell has been coached how to defend properly and is fine. Same thing with Lincoln Withers a few years ago at the Tigers, again problem fixed and is one the best defenders in the game for his size. Sheens and the Tigers coaching staff should be doing their job and coach the player how to defend in his position of 5/8. Guys like Stacey Jones and Allan Langer are just as small as Marshall yet did not have a problem defending in the middle of the park. Neither would Benji if he is given the right guidence.

L NUTTER

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Mmmm...two tries he conceded to the "worlds best center"....who in turn let in three himself.
Not to mention his first game back from a shoulder recon and playing half a game with a broken face. But yeh his defence is 'shocking'. :lol:

i think just recently lads....the dragons would rate him:evil:

followed closely, and if my memory serves me right???:roll:

NORTH QLD COWBOYS....for the life of me can't remember why though:oops:

Latest posts