What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do you think...

screeny

Bench
Annual tri series = biggest chance of Australia losing their unbeatable record, therefore we have to play it every year as it's best for the int'l game.

And that's not even taking the cash profit into consideration.

Or the chance to improve France.

DIEHARD

----
We will murder em in Australia. At least New Zealand will be more of a threat, being able to field more players and the return of Marshall. They will also have great home support and will receive good support in Australia.

An Aus v NZ final would go off! And if the Lions decide to play properly, people will come.

But beating Australia in Australia will be DAMN hard.

yakstorm

First Grade
Come on Diehard, it was one game, out of 7 matches, you were going to expect one thumping, its like a standard NRL round, there is always one game where there is a blow out, and like the NRL it happens quite often in what is expected to be the blockbuster game.

GB froze, they pressured themselves too much, Australia got away to a good early lead and then GB made it worse for themselves by losing all forms of discipline.

Maybe GB going into all the matches down under as under dogs are what they need to learn how to play in finals/deciders.

screeny

Bench
We've gotta play it annually. The axiom that GB don't have enough high pressure matches compared to Australia is well worn but yesterday's slaughter proved it to be so utterly true.

We've just got to play Oz year in year out. Oz then have chance to lose the final, lose against NZ, lose against GB all of which means ultimate boost to int'l football.

Yesterday's match was a case of CHOKING!!! As Yakstorm says, one match out of seven. How many Origin matches or GF's are blowouts? About the same percentage as in the tri series perhaps?

Auckland4ever

Juniors
It was a great series, a bit of an anti-climax at the end, but a great series, nonetheless. Yesterdays game is no reason to see the whole concept axed.

DIEHARD said:
We will murder em in Australia. At least New Zealand will be more of a threat, being able to field more players and the return of Marshall. They will also have great home support and will receive good support in Australia.

An Aus v NZ final would go off! And if the Lions decide to play properly, people will come.

But beating Australia in Australia will be DAMN hard.

IMO, if NZ had all possible playera available (Puletua, Galuvao, Vainikolo) for the whole serises, they would have been much more competitive and probably would have been playing in the final anyways

gaterooze

Bench
I'll tell you what, if they decide NOT to play it next year, come October/November I'm going to bloody well wish it was on!

DIEHARD

----
It is just s shame that it had to be the final that we had a blow out.

But I do like the kudos it adds to Australia. We are a titanic unstoppable jugganuat! :twisted:

I hope the tournament goes ahead next year. If it is in Oz, I'm sure New Zealand will step up to the plate and the Lions will hopefully be better for the experiece and wont be weeing their pants during the national anthems when they face the almighty Kangaroos. 8)

Broncodroid

Juniors
Could you imagine the whinging from the Poms if they are forced to 'travel half way around the world' to cop another hiding?...can't wait. Given the hot weather we have recently had when the tri-series was on, the Poms would really struggle in the change of climate more than anything apart from class divide between us and them.

I agree with the NZ fan who suggested with a full compliment of players available from across the Tasman, they (NZ) would of been far more competitive and IMO meeting the Australians in the final.

Hopefully in 2005 we will see another ANZAC test competing for the trophy with the then newly tanned Poms heading home excuses in tow.

DIEHARD

----
Yea and their "Oh we don't want to play mid season tests" crap. :roll:

I'm sick of excuses.

I'm looking forward to the Anzac Test. Such a great idea and concept, unique to rugby league. And it is in Brisbane this time. Shame there was a blow out in the final, hopefully it wont ruin the hype and build up for the Anzac Test at Lang Park.

At least it could have been worse. Imagine if the Poms had lost all their games and got nailed. They could have easily lost all four in a row, with no warm up games. And imagine what that would have done to the coverage and the crowds. :| #-o

So I guess in hindsight, it wasn't that bad. Not for a first series.

screeny

Bench
The problem with mid-season tests is due to the club season being in full swing - don't be silly, lads, it can't be played in the middle of the season, just as the NRL wouldn't take a break to let int'l players head over here for a couple of weeks.

As for playing over there in October, I think you'll find it's the ARL who are the sole obstacle in bringing Gb over for a full tour/tri series. The GB lads haven't toured since 1999 tri series!

alexisUK

Juniors
And I know for a fact that most of us, being gluttons for punishment, would love to watch it! The more GB play, the more they gel as a team, the more top level experience they get, and the more chances they get to ACTUALLY WIN SOMETHING! ;-) And maybe we'll knacker out the poor NRL players :lol:

Latest posts