What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can proudly say that when we were told of BA's extension I boldly declared that I could live with that. You've got to choose sides!
Right about the time we extended him I had just decided that it was probably time for him to move on. I was just hoping we'd get someone decent to replace him.

Right about the time we extended him I had just decided that it was probably time for him to move on. I was just hoping we'd get someone decent to replace him.
I was still leaning that way a few weeks ago. The footage of BA mic'd up changed my opinion. Mostly it was the communication by him with the players. Or how the players communicated with him. Either way, it seemed healthy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was still leaning that way a few weeks ago. The footage of BA mic'd up changed my opinion. Mostly it was the communication by him with the players. Or how the players communicated with him. Either way, it seemed healthy.
That video made me more confident about BA than any of our results this year. You can tell there is a hell of a lot of respect between him and hs players. I'd still like to see us go out and coach a quality assistant to replace Potter.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That video made me more confident about BA than any of our results this year. You can tell there is a hell of a lot of respect between him and hs players. I'd still like to see us go out and coach a quality assistant to replace Potter.
*Plodder

IFR33K

Coach
Good to see BA going well. Took him a while to get the team where it is today. I guess a lot has to do with the decisions he’s made. Punting Norman And KE and rissolling under performing players has been the key factor(s). The team actually has a winning attitude and losses mean something to them. This years recruitment drive has proved to be his best thus far. Also, a major factor is that a lot of players are actually excelling and improving under his watchful eye. Something that has lacked in the past.

Well done BA!

Well done eels.

Blue and gold till I die!!!

84 Baby

Referee
I thought a couple weeks back that we looked like we playing quite reserved and perhaps we were holding stuff back for finals. Especially the last Boncos game it felt kinda like Dragons 2009 game. Last week our attack opened up with crisp long passes and switches and yesterday that won us the game. It might not work next week, but rebuilding from last season to yesterday (so far) is largely on BA and other club officials. If they keep making good decisions then maybe we are building to a #powerhouse

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

probabaly one of the best things I've watched all year, it was a great insight

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It was only two games ago that we were struggling leading into the finals and merkins were saying BA isn't the answer.

It was a good win, but the Broncos defence was brittle.

We need to be realistic about what we are capable of doing in Melbourne next week and if we lose, it won't be because BA has become a shit coach again in the space of a week!

Gronk

Staff member
It was only two games ago that we were struggling leading into the finals and merkins were saying BA isn't the answer.

It was a good win, but the Broncos defence was brittle.

We need to be realistic about what we are capable of doing in Melbourne next week and if we lose, it won't be because BA has become a shit coach again in the space of a week!

Well it will be interesting to see the post match comments if we do lose. For mine this has been the most enjoyable season since 2009.

Actually scrap that. 2009 was a dog of a season until Hayne started playing around origin.

Best season since 2001.

Bazal

Post Whore

I feel like we wouldn't have moved Potter on without someone ready to take the gig. Not after last year

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well it will be interesting to see the post match comments if we do lose. For mine this has been the most enjoyable season since 2009.

Actually scrap that. 2009 was a dog of a season until Hayne started playing around origin.

Best season since 2001.
A better overall season than 2009 even if we do bow out next week, but our late run in 2009 was probably the most enjoyable period since 2001.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Two isn't plenty. Anyway I wasn't wrong about Arthur. I was unconvinced, and still am. I'm keen to see what sort of team we look like next year after an off season full of expectation.
We should be thinking about becoming a regular Top 4 team. BA has been good this year but can he help turn us into that team over the next 5-10 years? That is his ultimate test and it starts with how we build on what we have done this year.

Latest posts