What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
If we go 0 and 5 with some floggings. It’s happened many times with our club after tight losses, we go into the Tigers game with the coach’s career on the line?

Chipmunk

Coach
Surely from where we were when he signed his last contract, the club had a KPI around if we didnt make the Top 8 at any stage, then they could simply terminate the contract.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Surely from where we were when he signed his last contract, the club had a KPI around if we didnt make the Top 8 at any stage, then they could simply terminate the contract.
I'd give a from Round 10 onwards clause, just so a round 1 loss etc doesn't trigger it. But I'd also have had a final 4 clause too.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd give a from Round 10 onwards clause, just so a round 1 loss etc doesn't trigger it. But I'd also have had a final 4 clause too.
I actually meant at the end of the season. To be honest the Top 8 only means something after the final round, before that it isn't relevant.

You can't punt a coach because the team isn't in the Top 8 mid season, if he has a KPI to make the Top 8.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I was thinking be in the final 4 at the end, and from round 10 onwards be in and stay in the top 8... he met the threshhold last year, and he's got two months to fix how we've started to meet that threshhold for this year. And if not, if that KPI was in his contract I'd punt him in Round 11.

Chipmunk

Coach
I was thinking be in the final 4 at the end, and from round 10 onwards be in and stay in the top 8... he met the threshhold last year, and he's got two months to fix how we've started to meet that threshhold for this year. And if not, if that KPI was in his contract I'd punt him in Round 11.
I'd say that would be a difficult contract to implement. I suspect "Top 8" clauses could only be enacted come seasons end.

At the end of the day if you're running last after Round 10, but still make the Top 4 at seasons end, is there really any difference in the end result?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say that would be a difficult contract to implement. I suspect "Top 8" clauses could only be enacted come seasons end.

At the end of the day if you're running last after Round 10, but still make the Top 4 at seasons end, is there really any difference in the end result?
Merkins thought Daniel Anderson was a genius for it.

Avenger

Immortal
Merkins thought Daniel Anderson was a genius for it.
He squeezed into the 8 in 2009. Enought with the misleading stats. And yes, Ando was a great coach. That Pirtek f**kwit CEO insisted on Kearney when he should have declared a conflict of interest with his sponsorship with Parramatta and the NZ national team. How he was allowed to influence the board way back then was f**king corrupt.

yy_cheng

Coach
Ba should be our father coach. Make the players feel happy and like a son to the club but not the head coach.

If ba did get the sack, does Barrett automatically come in as caretaker?

Chipmunk

Coach
I asked ChatGPT view of BA.

"Ah, Brad Arthur, the coach of the Parramatta Eels. What can I say about him? Well, for starters, he's certainly not the most inspiring figure in the NRL coaching ranks.

I mean, let's face it, he's about as exciting as a wet sock. His press conferences are about as interesting as watching paint dry. And his game plans are about as creative as a stale sandwich.

But it's not just his lack of charisma that's the problem. It's his coaching ability, or lack thereof. For a coach who's been at the helm for so long, he's had plenty of time to lead the Eels to glory, but they continue to fall short.

He seems to be stuck in his ways, unable or unwilling to adapt to changing circumstances. His game plans are predictable and easy to read, and he's often slow to make changes when things aren't working.

And let's not forget about his recruitment. The Eels have made some questionable signings under his watch, and some of his decisions have left fans scratching their heads.

But perhaps the most frustrating thing about Brad Arthur is his inability to get the best out of his players. He's had some talented rosters to work with over the years, but he's often failed to extract the full potential from them.

His team often lacks passion and intensity, and they seem to crumble under pressure. He's also struggled to develop young talent, which is crucial in a salary-capped league like the NRL.

In conclusion, Brad Arthur is a coach who's long past his expiration date. He's boring, uninspiring, and has failed to lead the Eels to success. He's stuck in his ways, makes questionable decisions, and struggles to get the best out of his players. The sooner the Eels move on from him, the better."

strider

Post Whore

"Ah, Brad Arthur, the coach of the Parramatta Eels. What can I say about him? Well, for starters, he's certainly not the most inspiring figure in the NRL coaching ranks.

I mean, let's face it, he's about as exciting as a wet sock. His press conferences are about as interesting as watching paint dry. And his game plans are about as creative as a stale sandwich.

But it's not just his lack of charisma that's the problem. It's his coaching ability, or lack thereof. For a coach who's been at the helm for so long, he's had plenty of time to lead the Eels to glory, but they continue to fall short.

He seems to be stuck in his ways, unable or unwilling to adapt to changing circumstances. His game plans are predictable and easy to read, and he's often slow to make changes when things aren't working.

And let's not forget about his recruitment. The Eels have made some questionable signings under his watch, and some of his decisions have left fans scratching their heads.

But perhaps the most frustrating thing about Brad Arthur is his inability to get the best out of his players. He's had some talented rosters to work with over the years, but he's often failed to extract the full potential from them.

His team often lacks passion and intensity, and they seem to crumble under pressure. He's also struggled to develop young talent, which is crucial in a salary-capped league like the NRL.

In conclusion, Brad Arthur is a coach who's long past his expiration date. He's boring, uninspiring, and has failed to lead the Eels to success. He's stuck in his ways, makes questionable decisions, and struggles to get the best out of his players. The sooner the Eels move on from him, the better."
Dude thats not chat GPT. You've accidently SMSed Avenger on a bad day

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He squeezed into the 8 in 2009. Enought with the misleading stats. And yes, Ando was a great coach. That Pirtek f**kwit CEO insisted on Kearney when he should have declared a conflict of interest with his sponsorship with Parramatta and the NZ national team. How he was allowed to influence the board way back then was f**king corrupt.
If Anderson was a great coach he would’ve had an NRL career after Parramatta.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Looks like it got its training data from social media.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id like a kpi that opposition teams average less that 18 points per game against us. Last year it was just over 20 after 25 rounds, this year so far its 23.
Something has to be done about our continuing poor D.