What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
I thought it was disgusting and opportunistic when that female reporter asked BA in the presser about his future and all our players coming off contract soon. Bad timing and poor tact from the reporter.

He handled himself well and showed plenty of class.

Soto

Bench
His best presser ever. Wish he had unloaded much earlier in the season after maybe the Canberra game..Riffs tactics, constantly slowing the play and stopping plays and clown's refereeing performance nothing short of disgraceful..
Nrl got their Top 4. Their management will say great game, no issues, lets play semis..sooooo many glaring errors and eff ups..all academic now

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Recruitment and retention will be difficult whilst the coach’s future is up in the air.
It's no longer the coach's job though. If we're truly improving as a club then recruits would know that we will provide sufficient coaching resources, whether Arthur is part of it or not.

eels_fan

First Grade
The effort since the storm game and the passion and intent from the boys buys BA the first 10 rounds of 2022 to decide whether it’s his last season with us imo.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I think BA deserves a heap of credit for the way managed us throughout the season. He has clearly learnt from the past, I think our form slump late in the year was him taking the gas off slightly and then had us ready and rested from about the cowboys game and certainly by the storm game.

still more to do and despite everything we are still just a little short of challenging for the title

Noise

Coach
It's no longer the coach's job though. If we're truly improving as a club then recruits would know that we will provide sufficient coaching resources, whether Arthur is part of it or not.
I know it’s not the coach’s job but all good players want to know who the coach is before making a decision about signing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Last night showed we have the squad and team to compete, the BS about the team not being up with the top sides is just laughable. The intensity and toughness the pack showed last night means we should be just like the West Tigers and be always in the mother f**king game!!! I do wonder what one of the top coaches could do with this squad, just a shame we are a poor struggling club with no money and will never find out.

IFR33K

Coach
So proud of the team last night. They showed heart, character and desire. Maybe I was prouder of their efforts over any win this season.

The problem is going forwards, if the club don’t plan to retain BA, I don’t want a repeat of 2006 with Brian smith. The players back then stopped buying into his plans and even smith admitted his heart wasn’t in it that season (something along those lines).

The club is really in a tough position on what to do, especially if they want to go in a different direction, as it’ll unsettle the 2022 season

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Our late season revival has secured BA’s position for next year. I’d still be imposing new assistant coaches on him to see if that can take us (and him) to a new level.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our attack has serious limitations and no matter how you spin it we will struggle to win the big games until something is done.
So why the Dickhead comment??? Late in the game we had one full set where it was one shitty block play out the back and rest were crash plays. It's not good enough against the top sides something quite a few of us have been saying for quite a while now.

Avenger

Immortal
Our attack has serious limitations and no matter how you spin it we will struggle to win the big games until something is done.
Still Gaz, he doesn’t deserve to be sacked. Forget my rants. I’m up and lucid now. I think it’s a mute point because he won’t be. The big call will be mid next year and I’d only go in another direction if there was a better choice. For now it seems only Flanagan is available.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So why the Dickhead comment??? Late in the game we had one full set where it was one shitty block play out the back and rest were crash plays. It's not good enough against the top sides something quite a few of us have been saying for quite a while now.
Dickhead.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Still Gaz, he doesn’t deserve to be sacked. Forget my rants. I’m up and lucid now. I think it’s a mute point because he won’t be. The big call will be mid next year and I’d only go in another direction if there was a better choice. For now it seems only Flanagan is available.
Agree. He'll see out his contract at a minimum.

IFR33K

Coach

He may not be sacked but if Gutho is to be retained I’m sure he’d want to know who the coach will be going forward. And any other player for that matter

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm happy for him to see out next season if he is willing to change his assistants and change up the attack. Otherwise i don't care he can go because otherwise it will another season where we are just treading water. Our attack stinks and we have had the same inept attack coach for 8 seasons and thats all on the f**king head coach. They were there to be beaten and we were unable to take advantage of it because our U12's Attacking plans and shapes.

Gronk

Staff member
We still need a better attack coach.
Don’t like what Andrew Johns has brought to the team ? Frankly since his involvement, I have seen Moses and Mahoney blossom. Moses is taking the line on and his kicking game is amazing now. Young Dylan IS improving and yes, he needs to learn how to float across the line looking to put runners in holes Jerome Lui style and I reckon a JT show-n-go would work a treat for him. You might also note how gutho now puts Waqa into space now and doesn’t he lap that up.

Pennys struggled for points last night as did we, however that is not a reflection of poor attack, rather good defence. May I also remind you that we beat Storm 4 tries to 2 a few weeks ago.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm happy for him to see out next season if he is willing to change his assistants and change up the attack. Otherwise i don't care he can go because otherwise it will another season where we are just treading water. Our attack stinks and we have had the same inept attack coach for 8 seasons and thats all on the f**king head coach. They were there to be beaten and we were unable to take advantage of it because our U12's Attacking plans and shapes.
Again with the assistants. Do you even know what they do ? How do you know that BA is not the sole decision maker for shape, set plays etc ? Where do you get your info from ? Do you think that Jason Ryles is Belly’s inhouse mastermind ? Is Nathan Cayless Trent’s secret weapon ? 🥴

Latest posts