What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Again with the assistants. Do you even know what they do ? How do you know that BA is not the sole decision maker for shape, set plays etc ? Where do you get your info from ? Do you think that Jason Ryles is Belly’s inhouse mastermind ? Is Nathan Cayless Trent’s secret weapon ? 🥴
Our attacking shapes have been shithouse for years with barely any change, even from the spoon winning season. Time for a change how long do the top coaches keep their assistants for??? Especially with as little success as we've had in the post season the last 8 years???

macnaz

Staff member
Our attack has serious limitations and no matter how you spin it we will struggle to win the big games until something is done.
Id have to agree , as a whole the team gave everything they had last night but just didnt have the strike player to break that game open. Mitchell Moses is 100% the clubs weak link time and time again when it comes to winning finals football.
He just doesnt offer much apart from kick and pray and refuses to take on the line when its needed.

Avenger

Immortal
Id have to agree , as a whole the team gave everything they had last night but just didnt have the strike player to break that game open. Mitchell Moses is 100% the clubs weak link time and time again when it comes to winning finals football.
He just doesnt offer much apart from kick and pray and refuses to take on the line when its needed.
Yet Cooper Cronk said it was his best most consistent season ever.

IFR33K

Coach

Honestly time to let it go. He left in 2017. He wasn’t the reason why they lost last night.

Gronk

Staff member
Our attacking shapes have been shithouse for years with barely any change, even from the spoon winning season. Time for a change how long do the top coaches keep their assistants for??? Especially with as little success as we've had in the post season the last 8 years???
Nice, but you haven’t answered my question. How do you know that our assistants are the reason that we aren’t as good as you’d like ? Alternatively, how do you know that assistants are the reason why other teams do better than us ? You are manufacturing scapegoats without any tangible evidence.

The reason why Souths shape is sublime, is because of Reynolds, Walker, Gagai, Johnston… not because of Bennet / Dimitriou. Simply because they were like that with Madge and Seibold.

It’s about cattle mate.

macnaz

Staff member
Honestly time to let it go. He left in 2017. He wasn’t the reason why they lost last night.
Hmm i kind of expected that reply , but i was making an honest observation about how he is veiwed by many in general league circles and zero to do with my opinion of him as an x tigers player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nice, but you haven’t answered my question. How do you know that our assistants are the reason that we aren’t as good as you’d like ? Alternatively, how do you know that assistants are the reason why other teams do better than us ? You are manufacturing scapegoats without any tangible evidence.

The reason why Souths shape is sublime, is because of Reynolds, Walker, Gagai, Johnston… not because of Bennet / Dimitriou. Simply because they were like that with Madge and Seibold.

It’s about cattle mate.
Back to the cattle not being good enough again, the chicken or the egg. Is it the players or the game plan??? Or both??? Maybe it's a little of column A or column B. Would any of our assistants get a gig at the top clubs??? Thats a fair question and i seriously doubt it.

IFR33K

Coach
Hmm i kind of expected that reply , but i was making an honest observation about how he is veiwed by many in general league circles and zero to do with my opinion of him as an x tigers player.

I’ve got a relative who’s a tigers supporter. He’s all but wished death upon Moses since he left. To this day. Plus we always get tiger fans in here still cranky about ‘bitches’ Moses. He took on the line and unfortunately the defense was too good last night. His defense was strong. His kicking game on point. Not much more as an eels fan I could of asked from a 7.

IFR33K

Coach
Would merkins be happy if we keep bowing out in week 2 of the finals for 3-4 more years?

No one is happy about the result. Panthers defense was too good. Not sure anyone would be happy with a week 2 bow out in coming years either.

lucablight

First Grade

It’s about cattle mate.
If attacking coaches are such a non influence then why bother having them? Is having two players who have played origin in the spine not good enough cattle? Moses was literally picked ahead of Reynolds this season.

IFR33K

Coach
And I must add, so I’m not bashed pillar to post. Unfortunately that relative is through marriage. He’s one merkin of a merkin too.