What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.3%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its incredible we gave him 11 years.

I dont see many of these coaches average conceding 40+ every 11 games as what BA achieved in his 11 year stint.

23 times we let in 40+ in BA's tenure
21 times we lost by 30+ in BA's tenure

The F/A despite his 52% winning record was in the negative.

We conceded 50+ points in a game in these seasons 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023 basically half the years BA had the job and you can't win a premiership once you let in 50 points.

Not many coaches survive that long with numbers as ugly as that from a defensive point of view.
Look at the club he was at. All coaches who came before him got better results at other clubs. The Parramatta Eels isn’t the dream job you think it is.

Noise

Coach
Look at the club he was at. All coaches who came before him got better results at other clubs. The Parramatta Eels isn’t the dream job you think it is.
8 million dollars, 11 years with nothing to show but a wooden spoon, 7 minutes from home, creating an express pathway for your sons and his club mates to play first grade footy and becoming super buddy buddy with the older players. Sounds pretty dreamy

King-Gutho94

Coach
Brad was quoted what a great job it is.

“I was surprised, I didn’t know anything about it,” Arthur said of the reports he was being shopped elsewhere. “I’m contracted until 2024. I live seven minutes from training. Why would I want to go anywhere?

Arthur has enjoyed such a long stint at the blue and golds that seeing him in different club colours would take some getting used to.

“And I agree, I don’t want to [be anywhere else],” Arthur said. “I’m not silly, everything comes to an end at some stage. I just don’t want that to be at the moment, or soon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brad was quoted what a great job it is.

“I was surprised, I didn’t know anything about it,” Arthur said of the reports he was being shopped elsewhere. “I’m contracted until 2024. I live seven minutes from training. Why would I want to go anywhere?

Arthur has enjoyed such a long stint at the blue and golds that seeing him in different club colours would take some getting used to.

“And I agree, I don’t want to [be anywhere else],” Arthur said. “I’m not silly, everything comes to an end at some stage. I just don’t want that to be at the moment, or soon.

What else is he going to say? He’s a mid tier NRL coach. He won’t be getting offers from the big clubs. Parra is the best of the rest. His other options are there likes of Newcastle and the Tigers.

137 wins and I enjoyed every one of them.
But you enjoy the losses even more, we can tell.... Your post-match posts on here give it away. 😂

spongebob squarepants fox GIF by gifnews

chiefy1

Bench
137 wins and I enjoyed every one of them. If you think that’s nothing no wonder you hate the club and everyone involved in it.

139 losses - pau pau again accepting massive failures

And 4 out of 12 when it counted most in finals - that what most call a disastrously shocking record. It proves that ba limped into finals thus impressing low standards people into extending him, and he ultimately failed. Which many smart people knew he would.
The bushie knew that by jamming the club with huge forward depth, that he'd do a Bradbury and outlast other teams and limp in. But in finals it proved that ba was fools gold but people like Pao Pao got off on this and blew all over his foxtel remote control whenever we won a match. Its no wonder pau frequently asked fox for a replacement remote.

Incorrect

Coach
Twelve games is such a small sample as to be irrelevant. Statistics aren’t for everyone.
So he probably should have got his side's to play more finals football.... i.e by not winning spoons and winning more finals matches to increase the number of finals matches played to get a better sample size then?? I see what you're saying....