What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone here have one of these..

Dog-E

Juniors
...for the Roosters?

cover5wj.jpg

If so - would anyone mind just telling me if there is anything in there under the surname 'LAU'.

If there is - can you please put the stats up here?

...I really need to try & settle a bet with a Rooster supporting mate of mine! ;-) And this is the only way I can think of doing it...as I can find nothing on google etc etc.

Cheers!

Dog-E

Juniors
No-one??

Well...In that case - cop the tip - these encyclopedia's are GOLD!!...Settle just about any 'pub' argument you may have with your mates!

$9.95 from your local newsagents...(Well - that's where I got mine, anyway!)

Good stuff! :)

m0j0

Bench
Thanks for the tip Dog-E. Might have to pick up one of those for myself. Then I'll be able to help you settle your bet.

Dog-E

Juniors
No worries!...they really are great! :)

And - I'd really appreciate that if u can find yourself one, man!...I would have looked it up myself on the sly...except i haven't found a newsagent's with a Roosters one for sale, yet! lol :p ...but they DO have them for every club, I know!

supermario

Juniors
i have one, brought it about a month back, they are a good read if you are interested in players histories at your club.

Dog-E

Juniors
supermario said:
i have one, brought it about a month back, they are a good read if you are interested in players histories at your club.

Ohhhh! Mario!

My 'debate' rages on unsolved...Can you pleeeease look up your copy @ all - and just see if there is a player in there with a surname of LAU - If he's there - should have one first grade game to his name - so if that was indeed the case - then he should be in that book!!!!

And if there's anything there - please just post it up?

This relates to myself & another couple of mates trying to catch one of our other mates out - who is suspected to be a bit of a, how can I put this?....Total and utter BS artist!! lol ;-)

Cheers!

Dog-E

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
I know a newsagent that has one I will have a look for ya and post it up tomorrow some time.

Cheers mate!

This will settle quite some....er....'animated' discussions down my local....For once & for all! ;)

And of course - if I don't get the answer I want....I don't have to ever let on I found out! lmfao...Win/Win! :p

The argument can now be settled I looked at lunch and there is no reference what so ever to a LAU in the Roosters book. The only one with LAU in his name is Rocky Laurie.
Did ya win.

Dog-E

Juniors
Ha HAAAAAA!!

Yes - yes I did! :D

A mate of mine - VERY good touch footy player - easily the best in our team - played NRL juniors with North Sydney up to reserve grade level - then moved to the Roosters - also at reserve grade level - which is all true, he has backed this up sufficiently - including by being friends with Mark O'Meley, Paul Stringer and Alex Chan - all Norths juniors, of course - and I have actually spoken to Mark O'Meley on my mate's mobile phone.

BUT!...He then took it one step further and reckons that due to first team squad injuries - he played one first grade game with the Roosters in 2000 against Brisbane - and lasted 15minutes before getting crunched in a tackle with several players - including Gorden Tallis - who landed heavily on his shoulder, and shattered it to pieces, forcing major reconstruction surgery - at which point the Roosters cut him for the next season, as he was unsigned!

Now we've ALL been very dubious of these claims...but as there was nothing confirming it or not from season 2000 on the web (And we looked - believe me!) - until now we had NO way of proving he was talking himself up a bit with some absolute BS!...Until NOW!!! :D

Now we were winding him up about it again several weeks ago, and he got the hump and said to me - "Ok, I BET you I played first grade for the Roosters!...But how are you gonna prove I didn't?? Haha! You can't! But I know i DID! So therefore - I win! Haha!!" Was only a friendly $20 we bet, but still....Just to see the look on his showboating face when I tell him I HAVE proven it in front everyone - and the irrefutable way in which I DID prove it - because these books have every player that even played one gae off the bench EVER - it will be worth about 100 times that amount! At least! lmao :D

He has been bussssssssssttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd! BIG time! lol

Thankyou Southern Rooster!...And thankyou again! Can't wait till I see everyone @ the pub on Friday now...can't WAIT! ;-)

supermario

Juniors
The only player that did their shoulder in 2000 against brisbane was chris flannery when he went over to score a try !

You could have asked that question you would have had a quicker answer.

Choppies

Coach
supermario said:
The only player that did their shoulder in 2000 against brisbane was chris flannery when he went over to score a try !

You could have asked that question you would have had a quicker answer.

That was 2002 Mario.

ozzie

Bench
I went down to buy one of these but they hd run out of Rooster ones - Damn then they asked me if I wished to buy a Bulldog one as they were trying to clear them. They were on special for 50 cents...needless to say I didn't buy it.

Dog-E

Juniors
ozzie said:
I went down to buy one of these but they hd run out of Rooster ones - Damn then they asked me if I wished to buy a Bulldog one as they were trying to clear them. They were on special for 50 cents...needless to say I didn't buy it.

Fool!! U should have bought every last one they had!

You see - ours will only ever appreciate in value...But buy yourself a Roosters one - and it'll only be sorting out the wobble in that troublesome old dining table, in a few short years' time!

Dog-E

Juniors
Dog-E said:
Fool!! U should have bought every last one they had!

You see - ours will only ever appreciate in value...But buy yourself a Roosters one - and it'll only be sorting out the wobble in that troublesome old dining table, in a few short years' time!
Not even any good for the bottom of the cockie's cage - because they are intelligent enough to know - they aren't even worth crapping on! Even semi-intelligent animals have their standards, and deserve to be treated with dignity after all... ;-)

STSAE

Juniors
Great to see some things dont change.

Styler(if that is you) chatting to and answering yourself on the Chook page.

And actually talking about intelligence, well semi-intelligence as you put it to yourself.

Even got a cockie in there I see.

Just like old times.

BTW what did your mate say?? Shattered??

:) :)

Latest posts