What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know when the 2006 season jerseys will be out?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Thank god they did change it, I almost stripped Leeds of their "worst strip ever" title and handed it to Les Catalans.

New ones are pretty good though.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Yak, they're an improvement. Less cluttered for one. Though the red and yellow one would be harsh if anyone were playing with a hangover...

bartman

Immortal
Perhaps not many south of france companies looking for international exposure (compared to the sponsors on last year's UTC strip)?

Hopefully there's room on the back for a prospective backer, would be good value for one of the airlines I'd imagine?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Why do all Super League clubs change their kit every single year? Who'd want to buy a shirt when you know it'll be outdated in 12 months time.

The Tank

Bench
The Leeds shirt might look nicer if they chopped off that end bit under the sponsor logo. Might...

yakstorm

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Why do all Super League clubs change their kit every single year? Who'd want to buy a shirt when you know it'll be outdated in 12 months time.

There are a few key differences, first off the Super League sides rely on the revenue from merchandise far more than Australian clubs cause they don't have leagues clubs, so need to keep churning over merchandise, hence the constant changes.

Next the cost for the jerseys are significantly less than in Australia. They are generally around 30 - 40 pounds, which yes is about 90 - 120 Australian dollars, but considering people in the UK are paid in pounds, its not much different than buying a good shirt. I'm sure if NRL jerseys were say $60-$80 you would be almost prepared to buy a new one each year...verses the current $140 - $170 situation.

BlindMan

Juniors
YAy, got a Wigan 2006 jersey for Christmas, great quality and lovely, the best replica kit ive ever had.

Home_Shirt_2006_400.jpg

ps thats not me

bartman

Immortal
BlindMan said:
ps thats not me
But I bet you'd look just as fit in yours though... :D

I'm with you on the collars issue - just doesn't feel right on me without one?