What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Karmichael ever want to be a relevant sportsman again?

BranVan3000

Coach
He is too old and too far gone to make a comeback now IMO. At best he would be run of the mill in NRL

Raider_69

Post Whore
He is actually a pretty decent AFL player
Not to the level that he was a RL player, but he doesnt disgrace himself on the pitch like Izzy did.

He's good enough that opposition coaches talk about him pre game and the need to shut him down, because doing so will restrict the impact Gary Abblett Jr has on a game.

kbw

Bench
rep player yes, rep player class no.

Completely overrated when he played, I could not give a flying eff what he did

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What I find interesting,

Lets not forget both played top grade Victorian Football.

But they seemed to try to starve poor Izzy into a string bean shape, yet K Hunt seems chunky still, perhaps not as big as he was but chunky for a Victorian Football player, not no were near as skinny as Falou got.

Perhaps that is why one succeeded and the other not so much. Fox Sports News I see K Huntsometimes when I cannot be f**k changing the channel, no big body shape change like they tried on Falou. Maybe Senile Sheedy farged up.

some11

Referee
He himself said he never had much of an interest in league, didn't watch any games and would rather play basketball and try to make it to the NBA.

At least he had conviction, Folau just wanders from sport to sport giving the mormons a nice fat % of his contracts.

unbreaK

Juniors
K.Hunt
I.Folau
B.Slater
G.Inglis
B.Barba

Potentially would Queensland could've had to choose from, Fullback wise.. what a nice headache to have.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Still the greatest banner

200_Hunt_banner-200x0.jpg
Funniest thing I've seen in a while :lol:

If he did come back he probably wouldn't make the Qld team, unless there were injuries. I can't see who they'd drop for him. The Broncos certainly could do with him though. In all seriousness though I barely hear about him or see him anymore. In another 2-3 years I'd struggle to pick him out of a line up.

Brutus

Referee
Why do you care so much about the AFL to start a thread on one of their players? Isn't this a rugby league forum. Maybe there should be a thread asking if Rocky Elsom regrets leaving League to go to Union too

Who?

Tyko7

Juniors
If he did come back, some idiotic team would throw a ridiculous amount of money at him.
He'd probably be welcomed back with hugs, kisses and a boat.
I watch a lot of AFL due to living in an AFL state and Hunt does alright. Still hugely over-paid though.

natheel

Coach
He is too old and too far gone to make a comeback now IMO. At best he would be run of the mill in NRL

To old? He's 26. Still a good 5 years left in him before he starts slowing down.

I reckon it wouldn't take him long go get back into it.

I actually commend him on sticking it out in that code. He hasn't been picked every week and took some time to get into it but has stuck to it and stayed for his contract duration. Which ends this year I think. Could be a handy pick up

Brutus

Referee
I think a couple of NRL clubs could do with a player like Hunt.

The Broncos would be one of them.

Loudstrat

Coach
K.Hunt
I.Folau
B.Slater
G.Inglis
B.Barba

Potentially would Queensland could've had to choose from, Fullback wise.. what a nice headache to have.
Loyalty. Code hoppers come from QLD en masse.

As for cutie, the code misses him like it misses the leaky dunny at Redfern. The only thing that knows he's gone is Bwaif's jaw. And Thirdman doesnt get to go wingman with anyone anymore.

Luke Rooney left a bigger impact ffs.

footy75

Bench
I saw some highlights on fox news. He would be flat out weighing 60kg these days

and u would be flat out a dumb merkin if that's what you think

he weighs about 92kg... hes extremely fit and lean

hes not an outstanding player..his skills aren't great but he does some good things of the ball shepherding etc. he is serviceable when he gets a game.

He is ten times better than Izzy. Izzy wouldn't even get a game in an AFL reserves side. But i love what Izzy did-go over to AFL take millions then come back tot he game ur good at...classic.

Izzy made the right choice..he had no idea on an AFL field. If I was Hunt I would decide what i enjoyed playing better, how happy i was (mates, club etc) and where the money is bigger.

BranVan3000

Coach
To old? He's 26. Still a good 5 years left in him before he starts slowing down.

I reckon it wouldn't take him long go get back into it.

I actually commend him on sticking it out in that code. He hasn't been picked every week and took some time to get into it but has stuck to it and stayed for his contract duration. Which ends this year I think. Could be a handy pick up

He'll be there in the AFL till the end of next year. If he comes back to NRL it won't be till he is 28, and probably won't be back to his best till he is 29. And I really don't give outside backs much room for improvement after they hit 30.

So basically, if he doesn't sign with an NRL club for 2015 that is it.

Latest posts