What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Mick Stone get sacked now or what?

Rexxy

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
you are probably a 13 yr old kid who wouldnt know the difference between Stan Jurd .... .

That's rhyming slang isn't it.

To use in a sentence.... "Parra Pete has the charisma of a slender, well formed Stan Jurd"...

parra pete

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
i guess the humour of my name is lost on you :rolleyes:
Parra pete? more like pathetic pete.

Bloody classic!!!!! hahaha.
Haven't had as much fun since last Friday night. Haven't laughed as much since Wade McKinnon crossed for his try....bloody classic. keep it up..ha ha ha

Mr Saab

Referee
parra pete said:
Bloody classic!!!!! hahaha.

are you all excited because your eels are finally showing something after 3 yrs of inept performances?
I wonder if you will be just as excited when Tim Smith throws an intercept to cost the eels a GF birth..or even better a GF win

parra pete

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
are you all excited because your eels are finally showing something after 3 yrs of inept performances?
I wonder if you will be just as excited when Tim Smith throws an intercept to cost the eels a GF birth..or even better a GF win

As Dusty used to sing "Wish-in and hope-in, scheme-in and pray-in"

Hope the Eels are good enough to make it there. We mightn't have the talent...but we do have the discipline, which for St George - ILLAWARRA is just the opposite. You have talent..but no discipline
Don't worry about what Tim Smith might do or mightn't do, just pray that if your team gets there Barrett doesn't have a brain explosion like last week...or like Jamie Ainscough had in 1999...or Choc Mundine or....
'Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it'.....

gregstar

Referee
parra pete said:
As Dusty used to sing "Wish-in and hope-in, scheme-in and pray-in"

Hope the Eels are good enough to make it there. We mightn't have the talent...but we do have the discipline, with for St George - ILLAWARRA is just the opposite.
Don't worry about what Tim Smith might do or mightn't do, just pray that if your team gets there Barrett doesn't have a brain explosion like last week...or like Jamie Ainscough had in 1999...
Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.....
charlie supports brisbane you idiot
how did your mob go against them? wasn't it 0 - 300 after 40 mins?

parra pete

Referee
42-0 at half time. The EEls won the second half.
The Eels put 30 on St George Illawarra AFTER half time last week.
Good on Charlie Saab supporting Bronco's. They are going to need all their support in 2005. Bet he's glad you're sticking up for him. Are you his boyfriend?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Parramatta Eels Brian Smith has been coach at the Eels since 1997. He had previous stints at Illawarra, Hull, Bradford and St George.

His first grade coaching record is won 220 lost 197….but in a 21 year career as a first grade coach the number of premierships he has won is 0!!

But the attacks on Smith has more to do with his player retention record. He has been through more halves than the Southern Aurora has been through railway stations!

And he has “released” more than one player who has gone on to much better things elsewhere.

http://www.crikey.com.au/articles/2005/03/002-0001-4823.html

parra pete

Referee
....and picked up a few too that went on to bigger and better things.
Like your 'best' player Gaz use to say (or text)....'Fire Up'
Admit it - your Club, St George ILLAWARRA, does not have the discipline to mix it with the big boys. The talent is there FOR SURE, but the discipline, don't think so.....
Maybe you should be trying to entice Brian back......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
....and picked up a few too that went on too that went on to bigger and better things.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Has Smithy been re-signed yet?
With a record like that there must a bit of dissention in the fan base.

parra pete

Referee
He's there again in 2006..I hope he is snapped up by the Eels for another five years.
All the Clubs will be after him when his time is up.
He is the best spotter of talent in the NRL. That's why he left St George - as they were known in the old days - to link up with the Eels after his stint in England.
St George had to link with Illawarra to become a competitive Club in the late nineties. Bad luck they still lack discipline to be a force to be reckoned with because they have the talent, that's for sure.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Brian Smith Premierships = 0.

There's more than a bit of dissention in the fan base, don't you agree?

And how many years has it been? If he's there next year, won't it be 10 seasons with nothing to show?

parra pete

Referee
Another classic answer!!! ha ha ha ha
Krect, Smithy will have nothing to show but another Club championship and no off field behaviour problems.
But still there is no discipline at St George Illawarra..Until they get some they'll continue to maintain their record of winning squat. The talent's there..but not the discipline. I know, you know it, and so does everyone else.
If you don't respect yourself, you can't expect anyone else to respect you.
The easiest thing in the world to be is a dick head...Ask Willie Manu!!!.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You must have missed the questions...

Brian Smith Premierships = 0.

There's more than a bit of dissention in the fan base, don't you agree?

And how many years has it been? If he's there next year, won't it be 10 seasons with nothing to show?

parra pete

Referee
No dissention as far as I am aware. We have too much discipline for that.
Oops, sorry, discipline is a swear word in the St George ILLAWARRA district, isn't it? -----ha ha ha
Is this giving you the sh*ts?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
parra pete said:
No dissention as far as I am aware. We have too much discipline for that.
No dissention whatsover in the fan base?
I'm a sporting fellow... I'll give you a chance to retract that.

parra pete

Referee
No retraction needed, brother.
We stand tall, stand strong - too disciplined for dissention. Don't judge us by St George Illawarra standards.

Latest posts