What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Sticky really deserve to be NSW SOO Coach?

Nugby said:
Yeah, as much as it'll pain me when the roosters get so many players into S.O.O, Sticky'll go okay, this far out I'm not too bothered by him being coach.

you kidding how many dragons got in the origin side this year - too many if you ask me

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Generalissimo Stalin said:
Nugby said:
Yeah, as much as it'll pain me when the roosters get so many players into S.O.O, Sticky'll go okay, this far out I'm not too bothered by him being coach.

you kidding how many dragons got in the origin side this year - too many if you ask me

Too many was the reason they smashed the Toads in Game 3, you 5 year old tool.

Your either not too bright, or just plain Dumb.. I think the later. No the first, no,. they both describe your intellect.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

After the side was read out, all the papers, all the players said. This team is awesome. Too bloody good.

4 Dragons got back in. Thats why it looked so damn good.

Fool.

DId Finch deserve it over, Orford or Gower ???... NO...

Im surprised catic, Robinson did not get a run.

Stgillaman said:
Nugby said:

Your either not too bright, or just plain Dumb.. I think the later. No the first, no,. they both describe your intellect.

After the side was read out, all the papers, all the players said. This team is awesome. Too bloody good.

Fool.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

obviously a low IQ is a pre-requisite to follow the drag's - what happened to that nazi nut anyway as those drag supporters sure worshiped that epod.

coach to barrett - deh barrett yer gotta run the ball - barrett- yer kidding coach deh!!- slap slap slap

blackfriday

Juniors
hey if you make the grand final three years in a row you gotta be doing something right - but okay roosters do have a crazy team but so does the blues.

drake

First Grade
Stgillaman said:
Nugby said:

Fool.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

obviously a low IQ is a pre-requisite to follow the drag's - what happened to that nazi nut anyway as those drag supporters sure worshiped that epod.

coach to barrett - deh barrett yer gotta run the ball - barrett- yer kidding coach deh!!- slap slap slap

Someone idolising a genocidal mass murdering paranoid megalomaniac questioning a persons intellect? Fire up mate, talk to someone who lived under Stalin, nekulturnoi. Skull was a fool and good riddance to that old tool.

Stuart has the goods to be SOO coach, he has the respect of players, and as much as I think he's a Rooster posuer, he will do a damn good job.

I think he will do well, would have to have close to the best all time coaching record for a coaches first 3 seasons and obviously gets the goods from his blokes.

I still think origin coaches should be guys that aren't club coaches also though...would be good to see Sterlo for instance coach the Blues...something different, no club allegiances as such (as in he isn';t coaching anywhere else)...

Broncodroid

Juniors
I would like to think he deserves the job, his record speaks for itself:

As a player:

243 FG Games
14 S.O.O Matches for the NSW Blues
3 Premiership winning teams (89, 90 & 94 Canberra)
2 Kangaroo Tours (90 &94)
9 Tests for Australia
1 Wallaby (RU) Tour of Argentina
1990 Clive Churchill Medal Winner
1993 Rothmans Medal Winner
1993 Dally M Player of The Year

As a Coach:

84 Games
59 Wins
22 Lost
1 Draw
70.2 Winning %
1 NRL Premiership in 2002
3 Consecutive GF appearances
1 Minor Premiership
1 Premiership with 2001 Canterbury Jersey Flegg Team

Going off the above I cannot see any reason why he should not be leading the NSW Blues vs my QLD Maroons against another young coach in Michael Hagan.

As for comments like "he inherited a good team" or my favourite "he had good cattle on board"...do these excuses come up when talking about Wayne Bennett, Warren Ryan or Jack Gibson when they were experiencing the 'golden run' that Stuart has over the last 3 seasons ? Answer: No. These 3 men are lauded as perhaps the greatest coach's of the modern era yet I fail to hear a begrudging remark when their names are thrown around. Give xredit where credit is due...Ricky Stuart is a good coach who perhaps will go on to be a great one.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Stuart definatley deserves the job and I am looking forward to an era of Blue dominance under him. I don't think he will favour rooster players, I think everyone will get a look in if they deserve it.

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Yeh Ricky should do a real good job of it for the Blues next year, and he really deserves the job, i do wonder how many rooster players will get in though...........

Raider_69

Post Whore
panthersballboy said:
Stuart definatley deserves the job and I am looking forward to an era of Blue dominance under him. I don't think he will favour rooster players, I think everyone will get a look in if they deserve it.

i agree 100%

Greenblooded

Juniors
243 FG Games
9 Tests for Australia

As a Coach:

84 Games
59 Wins
22 Lost
1 Draw
70.2 Winning %
1 Minor Premiership

Mate are you David Middleton?? You are a stats freak :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
hang on, i know the dally m medal, the clive churchill but the rothemans has eluded my memory... what the hell is that awarded for and is it still awarded these days?

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
hang on, i know the dally m medal, the clive churchill but the rothemans has eluded my memory... what the hell is that awarded for and is it still awarded these days?

rothmans was a very prestigious award last awarded in 1996 to Jason Taylor. Due to tobacco laws it was ceased.
Rothams medal was alot better than the Dally Ms

Broncodroid

Juniors
Greenblooded said:
243 FG Games
9 Tests for Australia

As a Coach:

84 Games
59 Wins
22 Lost
1 Draw
70.2 Winning %
1 Minor Premiership

Mate are you David Middleton?? You are a stats freak :lol:

Firstly, no thanks, I am not David Middleton...

Secondly, I admit, I love stats and in particular Rugby League related as generally stats don't lie and can help build or break an argument.