What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs after The Chad?

Version IV

Juniors
At the Bulldogs the only way is up they will finish dead last so 12th next year they will be stoked, he will also have the first 3rd of season excuse of new players no combo

At the Sharks he has Trindall/Connor pushing, its obvious he is struggling and i would assume he has noticed it and Bomber has pointed it out, the key will be he is due back 1st week of finals if Bomber dosent pick him and he shouldnt that should tell him its time to go

snout

First Grade
The thread title conjures up the image of the hounds being set upon poor chad.
A pack of pitbulls lunging and growling through the forest as the talk of the town flees for his life - not a hair out of place.
Chaddy hits the open pasture, safety insight as he spies a farmhouse. An open gate.
50 metres.
Almost there.
He will make it.
Hang on, whats this - hes taken a right turn and run sideways.
Munch.

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member
Coach Morris,

If you keep calling your players by their mates’ nicknames, you can’t hope to command their respect.

That could be why ‘Chaddy’ thinks that he can play like rubbish and get away with it...

DJDL

Bench
As much as Chad has his faults, there is one thing he is big on which is lacking right across the squad: experience.

Bomber mentioned it in the press conference the other night, we only had 5 players in the 17 who had more than 50 games NRL experience. Of those 5, Jesse Ramien has played 55 games.
That's a very inexperienced squad.

Factor in that Fifita looks like he might struggle to get through another year and I think we'd be mad to let someone with Chad's experience walk.

We hear regular cries in here that we need to have a clean out, starting with Chad, Woods and Fifita.

That would leave us with a team of rookies, SJ and Duges (another one favoured for the chopping block at times).

Not going to happen.

I think it is far more likely Chad will be retained, but told in no uncertain terms that there are players breathing down his neck and he needs to lift his game. I also think we'll see him rotated in and out of the 17 at stages next year as Trindall is eased into it.

bluefox68

Staff member
RE: experience.

Yeah - I think we do need to keep Woods & SJ - for sure!

Fifita - mate - he needs something... If his knees are shot, then there’s nothing we can do about that - but, yes, we need to sign some experienced forwards - otherwise we become the Broncos...

So, the only one I’d really let go would be ‘Chaddy’...

Frailty

First Grade
Sharks have just picked up a sort after 18 year old five-eighth:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-a...iors-star-s-devastating-loss-in-bubble_150920
SHARKS SNARE YOUNG GUN PLAYMAKER
Cronulla has beaten a host of rival clubs to sign one of the most promising playmakers in Queensland.

Ryan Rivett, a tall 18-year-old five-eighth, starred in the Allan Langer Cup last week as Palm Beach Currumbin beat arch rivals Keebra High School.

Rivett was named in the Cup team of the year and has signed with the Sharks on a three-year deal.

He will play in the Burleigh Bears system next season before joining the Sharks full-time in 2022.

Coach Morris,

If you keep calling your players by their mates’ nicknames, you can’t hope to command their respect.

That could be why ‘Chaddy’ thinks that he can play like rubbish and get away with it...

Don"t necessarily agree with that. As long as players know the coach selects and drops players according to performance and the best interests of "the Team" He can call them whatever Endearing names he likes .

Dam! I cant find a you tube for "I wanna play football for the coach" By Lou Reed off "Coney Island Baby" Alblum

Last edited:

Version IV

Juniors
As much as Chad has his faults, there is one thing he is big on which is lacking right across the squad: experience.

Bomber mentioned it in the press conference the other night, we only had 5 players in the 17 who had more than 50 games NRL experience. Of those 5, Jesse Ramien has played 55 games.
That's a very inexperienced squad.

Factor in that Fifita looks like he might struggle to get through another year and I think we'd be mad to let someone with Chad's experience walk.

We hear regular cries in here that we need to have a clean out, starting with Chad, Woods and Fifita.

That would leave us with a team of rookies, SJ and Duges (another one favoured for the chopping block at times).

Not going to happen.

I think it is far more likely Chad will be retained, but told in no uncertain terms that there are players breathing down his neck and he needs to lift his game. I also think we'll see him rotated in and out of the 17 at stages next year as Trindall is eased into it.
Want experience sign Benji for one year, get rid of Chad, Benji even now offers more then Chad

Weaponhead

Coach
I just watched that youtube vid of him. His movements are very similar to Andrew Johns, I'm not saying he is as good as Joey, I am saying the way he moves, runs, kicks, defends, his strength with the ball..... he actually looks like Johns

A couple of impressive plays in the montage. Firstly, chasing after the intercept and pushing the attacker out diving for the line and secondly, slotting the field goal showed good composure.