What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs are no chance

Dog

Juniors
you is happen to watch the douggies vss eels game before??? we gave is you the biggest fight you is seen in a long time and we proved when youse is in top gear we can bring youse down

bring on is grand final day

iis the grand master

dog-t

L

legend

RB, I get the feeling we may know each other outside this forum. Is that the case? If so, make yourself known.

Onto the footy. With the majority of teams in the semis coming from Sydney I am predicting a great semi finals series with great crowds, except foryour lousy mob who can barely crack ten thousand in a top of the table clash and that is all part and parcel of being a nomadic side with no defining boundaries. Friday night was a joke and with some long serving players playing their farewell matches, you would have thought the doggies fans would be a little more appreciative.

Only a doggies fan can convince himself that a loss is great for the side and with the semis just around the corner, you will have lots of convincing to do You see, the dogs fans live by their own set of rules. They can convince themselves of anything if they try hard enough and so long as all agree, even a forty point thrashing can be a great positive. You do make me laugh with the pitiful ball licking self apprecaition and mutual back slapping society that all dogs fans live by and subscribe to.

BlueAnGold

Juniors
oh yeah, i watched it allright, and i watched the eels outmuscle and outlast the dogs and then finish them off at the end in style. i watched you guysgive it your best but still fall short, not good enough buddy

ps, if you really believe what you said about crushingthe sharks then by those standards weabsolutely flogged you :)

Dog

Juniors
I meant crushing as in emotionally and physically not points-wise. Not quite the 60 Watt light bulb are we?

And you say you outmuscled and outlasted us then finished us off. If you were outmuscling us why were we leading you 16-14 with 8 minutes on the clock?

Peace out.

legend,
Now c'mon my friend, where would the fun be if I was to reveal my identity? I can play the 'Dog-T' game also you know. Let's just say the infamous photo of you, posted a little while back, brought memories back for me... albeit ones filled with 'alcohol' and 'young babes.'
I look forward to a night out with the members here sometime (the NRLoff season maybe?) so we can get together again. It's been too long a time since the clubbing days.
"You do make me laugh with the pitiful ball-licking, self-apprecaition and mutual back- slapping society that all Dogs fans live by and subscribe to."
You are obviously mistaking us for Dragons fans.
Go the Doggies !!

Dog

Juniors
legend:

i is read your post and you is pretty dumb. you is look at the eels game? we had 22000 loyal dougs then and we is pretty close to top on the arevge crowds i think.

you is get your fact straight legend

polly and britt are badassed douggies and i will respect them like my homies.

dog-t

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dear MFC.

The St George RLFC was first formed in 1908 and fielded a 3rd grade team in 1910. The 1st grade team entered the NSWRL in 1921.

On the 11th of May, 1935 at Earl Park, themighty St George club gave theCBs a touch up to the tune of 91-6.
This was inCanterbury's opening year of, dare I say... 'competition'.
The breakdown was 19 tries @ 3 points each plus 17 goals against 3 goals. This equates to 110 to 6 in modern scoring terms.

In all, the Dragons have won 15 premierships and are still counting....

In 1999, the St George Club merged with the Illawarra club who have been a huge 'backyard' for the the StGeorge RLFC even before our grandpas played. Supporters from both districts have always maintained that the history is intact.

Tradition is alive and well.
Don't believe everything you read on the NRL website.

Legend, bit of a short memory there buddy....it was only 3wks ago that we sold out 22,000 tickets BEFORE the game even started! We have racked up good crowds all year, compared to all other sydney teams
18,000 against knights
16,000 against broncos
22,000 against parra
14,000 against beagles
28,000 against vodafones
15,000 against tigers
OK, the crowd last friday was dissapointing. I cant offer many excuses apart from the fact that the sharks aren't exactly 'crowd drawers' and that most people simply can't stand the showgrounds. I also suggested the possible correlation between the current race problems we are having in Sydney and cronulla fans 'feeling safe' to go to the game. Yeah, sounds a bit silly but i wouldn't dismiss it, particularly given the demographics of most sharks fans.
Hardly one to talk about crowds this year legend! Canberra have all but bowed down to the brumbies, them keeling over and giving them the ground for that sat night super 12 final was disgusting....Apart from that, i can only think of one good crowd they have had this year...15k against the broncos
The Fan.

HEY DOG
You've been so busted buddy.
Look at the name you've been signing under than look out your post and how you signed out.
Cryptic was right as he picked it up first. Onya Cryptic.
Go 'Doggies.

No worries Willow, ill lay off tonight...i heard that ch9 in brissy didn't end up showing the dragons game..did they?
Just a gee-up, although the st george and st george/illawarra teams are realistically 2 separate entities...
U beat us 91-6 in 1935? Don't remember that one, i don't think that i got a ticket into the ground that day ;)
The Fan.

BlueAnGold

Juniors
ha, dog, you may have a 60 watt bulb but it aint doing you any good till you turn it on son. what you really meant was p<span>sychological and so did i, we inflicted great p<span>sychological damage on you, you just got the sharks right at the end by 2 with luck, we got you by 8with class :)</span>. ergo if you consider what you did to the sharks a crushing i consider what we did to you a real flogging :)</span>
<span></span>
<span>lol, dog you are only proving my point. yes, you were leading 16-14 as the sharks were leading you, but you lost, that is what is meant byfinishing over the top of you andoutlastingyou. mate you can't have it both ways, you consider pipping the sharks by 2 at the end a crushing and yet consider holding the eels to an 8 point win bringing them down. bloody hell mate,like legend says, you are the only guys that can convince yourselvesof anything you want. never let the facts ruin a good story eh! :)</span>

L

legend

For starters MFC, Canberra have never claimed to be one of the BIG powerhouse clubs as doggies fans always do and please don't count the 28000 against the Warriors. The game was played in NZ and was only a dogs home ground because they agreed to change the venues and your home game against the eels was made up of at least 40% eels fans. For such a well supported club(apparently), I think in general your crowds have been very poor. A sad indictment on your team MFC and a problem I feel can only be addressed once the doggies incorporate the name Canterbury once more. If you stay as a nomad team, your clubs growth will be stagnant.

Having said all that, I do agree with the racial issues that you mentioned. I think it has a lot to do with the image of the club and may be the very reason they do not want to use Canterbury in the club name.

Legend, it is probably why they don't use the canterbury name....although they have always seen themselves as an 'expansionist' team and don't really want to label themselves in one area. That said, they will go back to the canterbury name in the near future. They have also tried the Sydney bulldogs in the mid 90s, which failed dismally....
I wouldn't call us powerhouses legend, but if you took a look around Sydney, only Souths,Saints and Parra could rival us for popularity. We (like most clubs) have alot of September supporters. I think our crowds have been good this year, apart from the poor numbers against the cowboys,storm and sharks...Put simply, its the ground, people just don't like it
Even if you go back another year or 2 legend, we got 30,000 against the broncos and 26,000 against the knights back in 99...our support base is huge when everyone gets out there, just watch for the game next week at the SFS, dogs fans love the SFS and i can see us outnumbering the saints fans 2:1...
The Fan.

Dog

Juniors
MFC, are you going to the game Friday?
If you are I propose a meeting..

<u>Dog</u>

But i hear on good authority that you are bad dawwggg?? How can my safety be guaranteed grandmaster?? haha
Seriously, im not to sure yet. I will definitely be trying to get out there with a few friends, although i cant really say yay or nay yet for sure.....
Cheers
The Fan.

Dog

Juniors
I'm not MFC, it was a gee-up. Once you arrive I think you'll find I'm far from a "bad-assed homie"

Oh and by the way in my posts I think I spelt homie like that &lt; and Dog-T spells his homey.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo: I can even tell who played that day in 1935 if you're interested. Thus far, I've never met a Canterbury supporter who wants to talk about it much
emwink.gif
You wouldn't believe it, I settled back to watch the footy which was advertised as being Saints v Roosters and that bunch of heroes from Brisbane came on the TV.
After much effort, I tune into some grainy pic from the Northern Rivers but I got to see the match.... I think it was for the best....
emsad.gif

L

legend

Just some useless info for everybody. Last thursday night a mate I used to work with who is a mad doggies fan rang up Parra for their membership drive and Jamie Lyon answered the phone andwhen Lyon answered the phone my mate played "who let the dogs out" loud and clear for Lyon to hear. I thought it was funny. I guess you had to be there.

p.s Doggies are no chance.

Latest posts