What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs need to start approaching quality players

2 True Blues

Coach
Maybe they should watch FOX sports 2 this Wednesday at 5pm and see where the future players are actually playing. In the NSWRL comp. Maybe worth a look at this NEW show.

Infact i would go as far to suggest that any NRL coach that doesn't is making a mistake. They are apparently going to cover the who's who etc this Wednesday, should be good to see who the best on paper are at the 2nd highest level of football.

maple_69

Bench
Damn read this thread 3 hours to late. Would of liked to catch that. Anyone know if that's being repeated sometime?

2 True Blues

Coach
New show mate. First episode was the other night.

Next weeks main game Jets versus the Knights, FOX sports 2, wednesday 14/5/08 5pm start.

(Re-play of the henson Park 10/5/08 game ).

Jets on TV again. Iv'e got the lounge chair beers on ice already... lol....

aqua_duck

Coach
We have quality juniors coming through

El Masri will not be playing in 09 as he will be 33 and IMO thats just to old for a winger

We have R.Millard coming through who can play both full back and out on the wings

Nani and wini are coming along pretty well

Jamie Clark will be the replacement for corey hughes

Tamati Nathan will be in the mix sometime next season

Daniel Holdsworth will get a release end of the season with aaron groom coming up

Barba still has a year to develop his game before he can coe up to FG

TBH if we look at across all our juniors there is plenty to look forward to
R Millard is rubbish
Nani and WIni are solid, but not much more
Clark is average
Nathan Is average
Groom is an unproven

Out of the dogs juniors I rate:
John Kite
Dan Harrison-if he can get abit bigger

Dogaholic

First Grade
R Millard is rubbish
Nani and WIni are solid, but not much more
Clark is average
Nathan Is average
Groom is an unproven

Out of the dogs juniors I rate:
John Kite
Dan Harrison-if he can get abit bigger

Could not have put it any better. 99.2% spot on aqua duck! I don't buy into the Harrison is too small crap. He gives it to guys twice his size anyway. I have no doubt he could play 1st grade tomorrow. Might not have the same effect but will still play well.

In SG Ball from the limited footy that I have seen Jamal Idris, Alvin Mataveo & Martin Taupau look pretty good. Idris - the best of the bunch.

aqua_duck

Coach
Its abit hard to tell with SG Ball guys, especially blokes like Matavao and Idris because they're so much more developed physically then blokes the same age. Taupau I think will be good.

Harrison is a good player but really a 85kg backrower would struggle in 1st grade against MEN who have been in the gym for years. I think if he can put on 5-10kg he'd be a real alan tongue type player, right down to the red hair.

Kite I think is a very good prospect, he's one of those blokes who you kind of think has all the talent just needs to use it