What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs poised to sack Taumata

Frederick

Staff member
Bulldogs tackling more off-field dramas

July 30, 2008 - 7:36PM

Only days after Sonny Bill Williams walked out of the NRL club, the Bulldogs may be poised to rip up the contract of one of their most promising future stars.

While the rugby league fraternity braces for confirmation Williams has signed a two-year deal with French rugby club Toulon, Arana Taumata is anxiously awaiting a decision on his own playing future after the Dogs launched an investigation into an off-field incident involving the 19-year-old halfback.

The incident is believed to have left another man with a broken jaw.

And while no police charges were laid, the Dogs are understood to have proceeded with their own extensive investigation in recent weeks, including the use of a private investigator.

"We are aware of the allegations," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said.

"We are in the process of determining what actions need to be taken and we will look to move quickly to find a resolution."

That resolution could come as early as Thursday, with the possibility Taumata could be axed after less than a year at the club.

The talented teenager, who joined the Dogs from the Sydney Roosters this season, looked set to be one of the rare bright spots for the embattled club in 2008 after an impressive start to his NRL career last month.

He scored a try on debut against his former club, following that first-up showing with another two strong performances before being dropped back to the under-20s for Sunday's clash with the Wests Tigers after the Dogs' 30-0 loss to the Sydney Roosters on Monday.
LINK

TITAN1

Juniors
How the hell can one team get so many headlines for all the wrong reasons?
Is Belmore built on an ancient burial ground?
Was Bullfrog that important,hes gone and the club is disintergrating..

dogz08

First Grade
after the Dogs' 30-0 loss to the Sydney Roosters on Monday...

lol i dont remember us loseing to the roosters last monday

jimmythehand

Juniors
Shock Horror fromt he Dogs, doesnt matter you blokes are gone when the comp restructures anyway.

Later !!:D

where's your money on the dogs to win the wooden spoon you piece of chicken sh*t? Easy to talk the talk hey, c'mon lay it on me or are you scared to lose more money?

The bloke is a germ. It was only a matter of time until he did something wrong again. Has a list of priors as long as my arm. Will end up in the clink at some point in the near future IMO.

Some guys you give a lifeline because they show signs of turning things around. This bloke has been trouble no matter where he has gone.

Ram Man

Juniors
Is it worth sacking him though.
Obviously this has no affect on his attitude.
If he is sacked then another club will pick him up...look what happened to Terenece Seu Seu.
Why not just take away the one thing he lives to do and that is footy.
If he is suspended by his club and take away his footy do you reckon it may get him to turn a corner?
Thoughts?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Contracts must be honoured!!!!

By the players.

Clubs on the other hand can put in all sorts of clauses to rid of players.

leaguelover3

juniors
where's your money on the dogs to win the wooden spoon you piece of chicken sh*t? Easy to talk the talk hey, c'mon lay it on me or are you scared to lose more money?

Jimmyyyy, you don't listen do you, let me say it again for your slowly.
ALREADY H A V E B A C K E D them for the S P O O N, and at a price which will net me a great profit. D O Y O U understand?

Why would i take even money from a Neville ?

:crazy:

leaguelover4

Juniors
Giday guys has anyone seen me bruvver in here?
He tends to troll around these forums talkin crap I think it makes him feel all big and important
Which is funny cause if you knew him he definitely aint big or important
Hes a little runty geeser smells like stale urine cause his d!ck is so small he dribbles down his leg all the time
Anyway if ya see him tell him Dad says he has to come home cause his parole officer wants to see him sumfin about not goin to rehab for his anger issues
Dad says if he followed a real footy team he wouldn’t have so much hate and anger or delusions of grandeur but I reckon if he hadn’t of been tryin to lick that dog where he was he wouldn’t have got bitten and wouldn’t have his dribble problem
Well if he comes by let him know his latest Dolly magazine is here That usually brings him running
See ya

Is it worth sacking him though.
Obviously this has no affect on his attitude.
If he is sacked then another club will pick him up...look what happened to Terenece Seu Seu.
Why not just take away the one thing he lives to do and that is footy.
If he is suspended by his club and take away his footy do you reckon it may get him to turn a corner?
Thoughts?

Some players you could argue that League may make them turn a corner. This bloke has had 3 clubs and has been punted by all 3. Not only should he be sacked but he should be de-registered as well. If a bloke like this is allowed to keep playing up and everyone keeps throwing him a lifeline, he will never learn.

Put it this way, what would your boss do if you went out with some work mates or customers and you smashed some bloke in front of them for no reason?

The price of being in the NRL is that the public are your customers. If you do stuff like this it will get back to your boss.

leaguelover3

juniors
Giday guys has anyone seen me bruvver in here?
He tends to troll around these forums talkin crap I think it makes him feel all big and important
Which is funny cause if you knew him he definitely aint big or important
Hes a little runty geeser smells like stale urine cause his d!ck is so small he dribbles down his leg all the time
Anyway if ya see him tell him Dad says he has to come home cause his parole officer wants to see him sumfin about not goin to rehab for his anger issues
Dad says if he followed a real footy team he wouldn’t have so much hate and anger or delusions of grandeur but I reckon if he hadn’t of been tryin to lick that dog where he was he wouldn’t have got bitten and wouldn’t have his dribble problem
Well if he comes by let him know his latest Dolly magazine is here That usually brings him running
See ya

HA HA HA that's not bad:D

Ram Man

Juniors
Some players you could argue that League may make them turn a corner. This bloke has had 3 clubs and has been punted by all 3. Not only should he be sacked but he should be de-registered as well. If a bloke like this is allowed to keep playing up and everyone keeps throwing him a lifeline, he will never learn.

Put it this way, what would your boss do if you went out with some work mates or customers and you smashed some bloke in front of them for no reason?

The price of being in the NRL is that the public are your customers. If you do stuff like this it will get back to your boss.

Well thats your answer, with Terence Seu Seu, the NRL de-registered his Newcastle contract then registered his Sharks contract only a matter of months later, so in that case should he simply be banned from playing Rugby League all together?

Dogaholic

First Grade
He has been sacked...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Bulldogs have today terminated the contract of Arana Taumata after he admitted to breaking the Club’s Code of Conduct.

Taumata joined the Bulldogs this season on a one-year contract that included a clause citing no second chances for misbehaviour.

“Arana was offered an opportunity by the Bulldogs with a very clear understanding that his behaviour had to be exemplary,” said Chief Executive Mr Todd Greenberg.

“Those expectations have not been met and the Club has been left with no choice but to terminate his contract.

Source: www.bulldogs.com.au

Abz

Juniors
He has been sacked...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Bulldogs have today terminated the contract of Arana Taumata after he admitted to breaking the Club’s Code of Conduct.

Taumata joined the Bulldogs this season on a one-year contract that included a clause citing no second chances for misbehaviour.

“Arana was offered an opportunity by the Bulldogs with a very clear understanding that his behaviour had to be exemplary,” said Chief Executive Mr Todd Greenberg.

“Those expectations have not been met and the Club has been left with no choice but to terminate his contract.

Source: www.bulldogs.com.au
Good to see the club is taking a firm stand and enforcing zero tolerance measures.

Latest posts