What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs should go for Petero Civoniceva

Broomball#1

Juniors
I think the dogs should go for Petero Civoniceva. Dont worry about going for another hooker, use corey hughes and billy ngawini and release adam perry. Then use the money they offered mark o' meley and whatever is available to get him in the side. The dogs have missed out on any quality forward on the market and should concentrate their efforts on Petero.

Also, has anyone watched billy ngawini go around in PL at dummy half. What is he like?

Dogs Of War

Coach
I would love to see a good prop sign with the dogs, otherwise next season we are going to lose a lot of go forward as everybody gangs up on Mason. And the last thing I would want to see is Mason get burnt out because everybody is targeting him only.

BlueFenix

Juniors
You would think we would have the room in the cap after who has left the club.

Can anyone tell me whether we are still effected by that little salary cap breach problem? for example, does our cap get reduced for x amount of years after?

jimmythehand

Juniors
i can't imagine us having even close to enough room in the cap. We've already got two marquee signings, to have a third would be inconceivable i think.

I think our cap is just about at its peak, not that i would know but I just have a feeling we don't have the room in the cap to bring in a quality first grade prop otherwise we'd have one already.

We'll be fine without O'Meley, he hardly has any impact for us any more anyway. Of course he's nice to have as a good first grader but I reckon he's not even close to SOO standard with his form and hasn't been for 18 months and is easily replaceable.

BlueFenix

Juniors
True, that interview about his x-rays going on the back of the door, injuries have to be taking a toll.

He obviously hasn't noticed former dogs players seem to slide at the roosters, none have excelled.

Broomball#1

Juniors
Doesnt matter, Panthers have signed him!!!

Dogs go without again.

Lets hope hickey and the rest step up next year. Dogs will not sign any big name player.

A kid can only dream :-(

BlueFenix

Juniors
Forget Petero, Dogs have found quality forwards before and we'll find them again. Save the cash for some speed on/for the wings.

This is where Big Willie has to stand up and be a true leader for the Dogs.

C'MON WILLIE, SHOW EM' WHAT ARE YOU MADE OF CHAMPION!!