What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Sign Ta'akimoeaka and Thompson

http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1106

Promising front rowers Conrad Ta'akimoeaka and Luke Thompson have today agreed to terms with the Bulldogs for two years (2008/9) and one year (2008), respectively.

Ta'akimoeaka, a graduate of Sonny Bill Williams old high school Mt Albert Grammar, forgave a rugby scholarship in Japan to follow his dream of playing in the NRL.

In 2003 he trialed with Parramatta before a shoulder injury put paid to his chances.

In 2004 and 2005 he won premierships with the Mt Albert Lions in the NZ Bartercard Cup, under the tutelage of current New Zealand coach Brian McLennan.

In 2006, Ta'akimoeaka played a handful of Premier League games with the Manly Sea Eagles before representing Samoa in the World Cup qualifiers at the end of the year.

In 2007 he joined the North Sydney Bears Premier League side where he was noticed by the Bulldogs.

Thompson, 19, is in his second season with the Bulldogs Jersey Flegg side which currently sits in third place on the ladder. He will graduate to full time training in 2008.

girvie

Staff member
Conrad is an agressive prop. He can put some great hits on in defence and he is a strong ball runner.

I thought he was the best player for Norths when we played against Canterbury earlier this year so i'm not surprised that the Bulldogs have noticed him.

girvie

Staff member
Valea said:
how do u rate him girvie? worker? ball player?

is he a handfull?
He is probably the most aggressive player in the Bears team. He can put some big hits on in defence.

BlueFenix

Juniors
It's good to see that the Dogs can still bring in promising forwards, we stumbled a bit with Cleal IMO.

We never replaced Roy, how could you, and no one is ready to fill Shrek's role. Hickey could be good with a bit of hard work and Folkes' help reducing his weight. I still think we need to buy.... but who... we let the 2 best go/ leave!

aqua_duck

Coach
Good for Luke, a mate of mine, came up from the gong last year, told me he didn't expect anything out of footy, just wanted to play for fun and its scored him a contract for next season. Built very much in the O'Meley mould (short and stocky for a prop) and an ugly bugger to boot