What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Signings for 2009???

simostorm

Bench
Who are the Dogs chasing for next year?

There cashed up, but all ive heard is there chasing Lima from the Storm.

Anyone else?

C.P

Juniors
Dogs are cashed up but unfortunately it seems like there isnt a lot of quality players still available/off contract for next year

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Look for the following announcements to be made soon:

Signing of Antonio Winterstein (Roosters gun NYC Center), Daniel Backo (Nrth QLD prop) and also the signings of a few of the following players: Jeff Lima, Adam Blair, Carl Webb, Steve Michaels, Josh Morris, David Shillington and Chase Stanley - Unsure on who exactly.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Look for the following announcements to be made soon:

Signing of Antonio Winterstein (Roosters gun NYC Center), Daniel Backo (Nrth QLD prop) and also the signings of a few of the following players: Jeff Lima, Adam Blair, Carl Webb, Steve Michaels, Josh Morris, David Shillington and Chase Stanley - Unsure on who exactly.

Some of those names worry me. Out of the listed I would like to see any of the following (or all)...
Lima, Blair, Webb, Shillington, Stanley.

There is a lot of speculation as to who we are chasing but i dont think many people know for sure!

Dogs are cashed up but unfortunately it seems like there isnt a lot of quality players still available/off contract for next year

I think all the sh!t that went on around management and coaching changes really hindered the Dogs ability to hit the player market hard this year. I am sure that they would have went after some of the big names that have already signed or re-signed, a little harder had all of that stuff been sorted earlier. The pups will still make some good signings but I think you will also see some pre-payment of contracts for next year so that they can have a real crack at some of the big names that will be off contract in 09. I think you will also find that some of the teams that are usually the most active in the market, i.e. the Broncos and the Roosters will be fairly quiet next year as they have pretty much tied up their rosters and exhausted their caps for the next two to three years.

Abz

Juniors
We've got the ever-improving Roberts currently at five-eighth but the highly hyped Barba is awaiting a shot in NYC, so I must ask why we're chasing Chase (lol) Stanley from the Dragons. I am not happy because (a) we shouldn't chase (lol) a player who's vying for a position that's deep enough at our club, (b) it will prevent a player with potential (Barba) from getting an earlier crack at first grade, and (c) - we are looking like hipocrites - "Bred not bought" is what we used against the Roosters who've poached 4 players off us, yet we've poached at least double that from the Dragons in the last decade. There's not variety in this.

Smartman

Juniors
Would love for Canterbury to spend wisely for 2009 signings. Maybe one or 2 quality players.

The real big player market is next year.

Wicks

Juniors
We've got the ever-improving Roberts currently at five-eighth but the highly hyped Barba is awaiting a shot in NYC, so I must ask why we're chasing Chase (lol) Stanley from the Dragons. I am not happy because (a) we shouldn't chase (lol) a player who's vying for a position that's deep enough at our club, (b) it will prevent a player with potential (Barba) from getting an earlier crack at first grade, and (c) - we are looking like hipocrites - "Bred not bought" is what we used against the Roosters who've poached 4 players off us, yet we've poached at least double that from the Dragons in the last decade. There's not variety in this.

Are you Chasing Rangi and not Stanley :p

Shifty

Juniors
Looks like the Dogs are better off not chasing Rangi.

He's probably worth more points to us at the Dragons.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
you can have the morris bro's too if you want, there utter and completely sh*te.
Beau scott is another id love to see let go from the dragons... any takers?

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
We've got the ever-improving Roberts currently at five-eighth but the highly hyped Barba is awaiting a shot in NYC, so I must ask why we're chasing Chase (lol) Stanley from the Dragons. I am not happy because (a) we shouldn't chase (lol) a player who's vying for a position that's deep enough at our club,

abz, our backline is looking very thin and our juniors are still 2-3 years off to make it into FG. and with TOnga and hazem may retire later this season... i would welcome to have chase stanely at the club

(b) it will prevent a player with potential (Barba) from getting an earlier crack at first grade, and
Barba is over hyped, and very useless in defense... he still has a lot to get upto FG

(c) - we are looking like hipocrites - "Bred not bought" is what we used against the Roosters who've poached 4 players off us, yet we've poached at least double that from the Dragons in the last decade. There's not variety in this.

FAO Abz... Roosters have bought fewer more players from us then what we have got from the dragons... you still dont know the meaning of "Bred not Bought" and whats wrong if we purchase 1 or 2 quality players from other clubs?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Barba is over hyped, and very useless in defense... he still has a lot to get upto FG

Barba needs a big offseason in the gym and get fit to play for 80 mins, he is very similar to Thurston when Thurston was in the lower grades, then next season he will probably be brought along like thurston was via the interchange bench until he is good enough to start.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Barba needs a big offseason in the gym and get fit to play for 80 mins, he is very similar to Thurston when Thurston was in the lower grades, then next season he will probably be brought along like thurston was via the interchange bench until he is good enough to start.

Barba was not in the same ballpark that Thurston was. I remember watching Thurston come through the grades. Thurston had everything that he has today. Barba has speed and a step. that is all.

Latest posts