What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Signings for 2009???

Dogs Of War

Coach
Barba was not in the same ballpark that Thurston was. I remember watching Thurston come through the grades. Thurston had everything that he has today. Barba has speed and a step. that is all.

For sure. But Barba is still something special, he just needs to apply himself in all areas, include the work he does in training and at the gym, if we are to see that potential actually become something we can use.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Dogs are a very un attractive club.

We now have dropkicks in the board room, a dufus as CEO and a stale before he starts Moore as coach. Who would want to sign for the Bulldogs?

Brett Kimmorley lol Josh Morris lol J Williams lol

We re-signed a couple juniors who would have signed anyway.

Future is looking bleak.

Big Mick

Referee
Whats wrong with Josh Morris.

IMO his only game at centre has been outstanding.

IMO he'll be great for your club.

Kimmorley will give your young halves a time for development.

Big Mick

Referee
yeah and your club is trying to recruit them, hence the offers to Blair and Lima...but do they want to take a paycut to play under a premiership coach like Bellamy...or get $25k-50k more, relocate and play under a newbie like Moore...I know what i'd choose.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
News from within the club:

Ennis talks have been extremely positive. It looks likely we will snare him but Dragons are after him. Hannant meeting with Bulldogs officials this week some time in QLD. If we can't get Hannant, we will go harder for Webb.

Ridders

Coach
ennis would be a great signing. I think signing Kimmorley is more important for our club in terms of making it more attractive to come to. We have an untested coach, and barely any real big names apart from the likes of SBW, Patten.

Its a shame that Folkes is leaving you guys this year. I think that his game plan would really suit Kimmorley and that Kimmorley would shine under Folkes. Kimmorley's prob at the moment is that Stuart has him ball playing at the line with a flat attack, where I think Kimmorley is a better footballer when he is allowed to play before the line with a deep backline. This is something which Folkes encourages. Hopefully for you guys, the coach next year will employ a similar attacking style and I think if this is the case, Kimmorley will prove to be an astute purchase.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Its a shame that Folkes is leaving you guys this year. I think that his game plan would really suit Kimmorley and that Kimmorley would shine under Folkes. Kimmorley's prob at the moment is that Stuart has him ball playing at the line with a flat attack, where I think Kimmorley is a better footballer when he is allowed to play before the line with a deep backline. This is something which Folkes encourages. Hopefully for you guys, the coach next year will employ a similar attacking style and I think if this is the case, Kimmorley will prove to be an astute purchase.

Kimmorley and Anderson INVENTED the flat attack, we have been trying to get that crap out of him for 7 years at Cronulla!
LoL @ you for thinking Ricky Stuart is telling noddy to play flat................

Kimmorley and Anderson INVENTED the flat attack, we have been trying to get that crap out of him for 7 years at Cronulla!
LoL @ you for thinking Ricky Stuart is telling noddy to play flat................

You are a Nuffy. Watch your own team. Your two biggest attacking weapons are Gallen and Bird and they are best used when they run off a ball player who goes to the line with them and hits them with a flat ball. Both are hole runners. Your next best attacking weapon is Kearney who lurks for offloads from Forwards ball playing after they hit the line. No way Ricky is telling your attack to get deep with your backline! You play deep when you have centres and Wingers that can score try's.

DJShaksta

First Grade
You are a Nuffy. Watch your own team. Your two biggest attacking weapons are Gallen and Bird and they are best used when they run off a ball player who goes to the line with them and hits them with a flat ball. Both are hole runners. Your next best attacking weapon is Kearney who lurks for offloads from Forwards ball playing after they hit the line. No way Ricky is telling your attack to get deep with your backline! You play deep when you have centres and Wingers that can score try's.

Yes, he is telling them to get deep, Noddy doesn't play deep - He NEVER plays deep. Why do you think Noddy has been on the outter at Cronulla?

The few occasions he has sent the ball deep to the left this year its ended up with Pommeroy having room to run and use his speed and step to beat his man, one of which was Mark Gasnier in the St.George game - He left Gaz grasping at air. The Sharks have always had a deep attack till Anderson and Noddy got there with their "Flat" approach.
If I was Kearny, I'd go looking for offloads from forwards too if I knew the 7 was going to just turn it inside to a flat running forward.

Frenzy.

Immortal

This is a gee up isn't it? The Toxic Gnome has NEVER played deep in his life.

Some deranged rabbit with myxo said:
Your two biggest attacking weapons are Gallen and Bird and they are best used when they run off a ball player who goes to the line with them and hits them with a flat ball

I don't think Bird would agree with that. You obviously didn't see the last pass TTG gave to Bird flat on the line. Emergency room pass tha nearly saw Bird removed from planet earth. That's merely one of 100 the same.

Good riddance to the Gnome.

Only wish he'd gone to a more deserving club like Souths! God knows they really need more problems BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Latest posts