What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs smash Souths

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
34-8. In the first half Dogs only lead 12-4 and Souths were playing pretty good had several chances but their execution was poor. This scoreline was pretty predictable and now the Dogs lead the competition outright by themselves on 12 points.

ibeme

First Grade
Bulldogs played well for the first 15-20 and the last 20, but slipped into touch footy mode for the middle stages.

They seemed to think that the early success was just going to continue throughout and played like everything was going to stick. It didn't. It wasn't until they returned to their game plan that they started looking the goods again.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Geez that was a dissapointing game from the dogs. They will need to improve 200% to beat the Broncos next week or else another 35-0 type scoreline is coming up. Still can't believe that the way the dogs have played this year that we could be leading the comp. Hopefully with the DPP ready to finalise their investigation we will see the Bulldogs players mind back on the job.

P.S. Willie Mason, have you been watching Darren Britt highlight movies? Stop throwing those impossible passes.

Number6

Juniors
Well said DoW.

A point regarding the pending announcement from the DPP. He will choose his words very carefully.

See you next week.

It seemed that, in the second half, the Bulldogs threw them every chance (by accident) to put points on the board, but Souths didn't capitalise, the Bulldogs found their feet again, and ran rings around them.

Souths need to lift if they're going to go any better.

They play the Knights next week.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Dogs Of War said:
Still can't believe that the way the dogs have played this year that we could be leading the comp.
Yeah, it's because you've had a REALLY easy draw. The Eels at their worst, the Sharks, Manly (spooners), Warriors and Souths (serious spoon contenders). You've only faced one good team, and we all know what happned on that night...

The fact is, if you weren't on top with a draw like that, there should be an enquiry. And another fact is that the Dogs obviously have ALOT of hard games coming up which will see them slide down the ladder if they dont improve.

***MH***

Bench
It sounds like bulldogs won thier game with the gear still in netural.... i wonder how they'll perform like when they shift it up a notch.

Canterbury

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Dogs Of War said:
Still can't believe that the way the dogs have played this year that we could be leading the comp.
Yeah, it's because you've had a REALLY easy draw. The Eels at their worst, the Sharks, Manly (spooners), Warriors and Souths (serious spoon contenders). You've only faced one good team, and we all know what happned on that night...

The fact is, if you weren't on top with a draw like that, there should be an enquiry. And another fact is that the Dogs obviously have ALOT of hard games coming up which will see them slide down the ladder if they dont improve.

if we aren't in the top 4 after round 12 i'll wear your teams avatar for as long as i visit these forums.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Canterbury said:
Tommy Smith said:
Dogs Of War said:

if we aren't in the top 4 after round 12 i'll wear your teams avatar for as long as i visit these forums.
What's the Dogs draw for the next 5/6 weeks?

Canterbury

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Canterbury said:
Tommy Smith said:
Dogs Of War said:

What's the Dogs draw for the next 5/6 weeks?

30 April-2 May 2004 Brisbane Broncos
Home Telstra Stadium 02/05/2004
3:00 PM -

9 8 - 9 May 2004 Newcastle Knights
Away Energy Australia Stadium 09/05/2004
3:00 PM -

10 14 - 16 May 2004 St.George Illawarra Dragons
Away WIN Stadium 15/05/2004
5:30 PM -

11 21 - 23 May 2004 Wests Tigers
Home Sydney Showground TBA -

12 28-30 May 2004 Penrith Panthers
Away Penrith Football Stadium TBA

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hmmm, i can see a LWLWL sequence coming up. It will be LLLWL if you dont improve because the Knights are playing well.

You wrote off Wests awfully quickly, Tommy.

I should say that for the past two years in a row, Wests have beaten the Dogs at the Showground.

RB30DETT

Juniors
They sure have.

The Dogs dropped off the game again, and souths did not take advantage of it.

How any team can win a game with little over 50% compleation rate is beyond me!

Look out Manly, Souths are coming for your Spoon!!!

thomo

Juniors
Souths were bad today and it is difficult to see us getting any better with the number of injuries we have. At least Fletch and Marteene will be back next week but I don't think that will be enough. :(

skeepe

Immortal
Souths really need add a classy finisher to their side. They created the chances, but as they did against the Roosters in round 1 didn't score when they should have. If the score got to 12-10 or something, we would have seen a much better match.

Geez pretty much everyone had a bad game except for Asotasi didn't they? Mason was dangerous, but dropped the ball or literally threw it away far too much.