What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs support tsunami victims

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dogs support tsunami victims

http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=10347

13 January 2005

The Bulldogs today announced the set up of a live site for fans to watch the telecast of the World Club Challenge between the Bulldogs and Leeds Rhinos.

The event will serve as a fundraiser for the CARE Australia Southern Asia Appeal.

Bulldogs players including Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason, Matt Utai, Brent Sherwin and Ben Harris will join fans as they watch the World Club Challenge live on a giant screen at the Novotel Sydney Olympic Park from 6am on Saturday, February 5.

Tickets for the event can be pre-purchased through Ticketek for $10, plus booking fee.

This one-off fee covers entry to the viewing area, a gourmet breakfast provided by the Novotel, parking and the opportunity to meet the Bulldogs players.

Tickets go on sale on Monday, January 17 through Ticketek outlets, via phone bookings on (02) 9266 4800 or online at www.ticketek.com.au.

Tickets purchased on the day at the Novotel Sydney Olympic Park will be $20.

In addition, fans will be able to bid on auction items, including signed memorabilia, throughout the event.

All proceeds from the Bulldogs World Club Challenge Tsunami Appeal will go to CARE Australia.

"I would like to thank all those who have come on-board for this worthwhile event particularly the Novotel, who lost colleagues in Thailand when the tsunami hit the region, Cadbury Schweppes, Triple M, Mitsubishi Electric, the Sydney Olympic Park Authority and our players," Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said.

"I hope all our fans can come down and if all goes to plan we'll be celebrating a victory over Leeds and we'll raise a significant sum for CARE Australia."

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'll be their with bells on, should be a good setup if its similar to the big screens they have put up before for the world cup etc.

innsaneink

Referee
It will be an interesting opportunity for bulldogs fans, get to watch the team live with other players, and see how they react when their team mates lose.

AdamH

Juniors
well done dogs. after some very tough times it seems they are trying desperately hard to improve their reputation. fantastic :clap:

Zef

Juniors
Well at least something good's come out of the complete and utter waste of time known as The WCC.

Cammo

Bench
Great stuff, I think I'll be heading there to see our young guns give it to Leeds.

innsaneink

Referee
Does anyone know will channell 9 be doing this, or fox, and is it usually live?

All I can recall from last years one was Wesser dropping the ball.

The Colonel

Immortal
innsaneink said:
Does anyone know will channell 9 be doing this, or fox, and is it usually live?

All I can recall from last years one was Wesser dropping the ball.

Generally live (or the obligatory thirty minute delay) on Channel Nine and then shown at a more reasonable hour on Foxtel (around 8.30am).

Wrighty79

Juniors
That's weird, after all it was approximatly this time last year that the Dogs were *alledgedly* leaving wet victims and denying occurances, and this year they are helping them? I'm confused...

ibeme

First Grade
Wrighty79 said:
That's weird, after all it was approximatly this time last year that the Dogs were *alledgedly* leaving wet victims and denying occurances, and this year they are helping them? I'm confused...

You're an idiot. That's why your confused. You're unable to grasp the concept of defamation let alone the most fundamental component of our justice system - innocent until proven guilty. It's no surprise that your confused that someone would deny doing what they didn't do.

~doggie~diva~

Juniors
im there! got my tickets today!

guys there are about only 300 or so tickets left, and youre better off prepurchasing them becuase the ticket prices will rise from $11.70 to $20 on the day :)

Latest posts