What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs v Poocastle - the REMATCH

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: You wish.

Shifty > Mullen

BTW Fred, click Wet Canvas in my sig and go get your new f**king banner :fist:

Timmah

Staff member
OK, live in the past :D
:p Just like Newcastle always seems to, especially now Joey's gone
:lol:

jimmythehand said:
i'm right on your wave length dodger, except I'd like to get rid of Hughes completely.

Another option (because we know Hughes & McIlwain will play) is to have Roberts at centre instead of Tonga, or maybe even instead of Millard. Hell get rid of them both and put Emilio and Roberts in. We need more attacking flair out wide. Utai will give us that if only because of his size. Sherwin, Holdworth and El Masri were the only half-creative backs for us last night.

Roberts @ Centre ? :lol:

Surely you are joking ? If he plays centre I will eat my own poo ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
I'd like him to come into the forward pack and start TBH, especially if Maitua is out.

Timmah

Staff member
He played centre in our last few games of 06 I think.

Timmah

Staff member
REF > Steve Clark

Bulldogs - big changes with Shrek gone and some dropped players:
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Daryl Millard
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Chris Armit
9. Corey Hughes
10. Willie Mason
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:
14. Adam Perry
15. Lee Te Maari
16. Kane Cleal
17. Jarrad Hickey

Injured: Mark O'Meley - quad muscle, concussion

Knights

Kurt Gidley James McManus Adam MacDougall Brad Tighe Todd Polglase Daniel Abraham Jarrod Mullen Josh Perry Danny Buderus Adam Woolnough Steve Simpson Clint Newton Kirk Reynoldson
Interchange: Riley Brown Matthew White Cory Paterson Kade Snowden Jesse Royal Michael Young

not a bad side named by both teams, should be a good game, its good to here that Utai is back and hopefully he has a good game this week.

jimmythehand

Juniors
wtf is perry doing in ahead of roberts. Obviously folkes has no intentions of trying roberts at hooker this year. that blows.

Timmah

Staff member
Perry's won a premiership at hooker, Roberts is unproven. He's using the KISS principle for now and I don't blame him.

jimmythehand

Juniors
well I wish he'd use it as an acronym for keep it speedy but simple not keep it slow and stupid. Not that Roberts is dynamite but I've seen him scoot out of dummy half before and I liked it. And how about if an outside back gets injured, wouldn't roberts provide better cover for that too? Or maybe he's got te maari & maitua in mind for that.

Anyway I'm happy that we've got Utai to give us some front foot impetus with dummy half runs in our half to ease the forwards workload a bit, both el masri and cutler are not really modern day wingers.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'd prefer Roberts at hooker just to give us a bit of spark and take some of the pressure off Shifty. Why can't they try him in reserve grade in that role to get some experience.

obviouslyrat

Juniors
Yeah i totally agree with Roberts playing in theNo.9 jersey. Hughes has just been in the worst form slump, and Perry isnt consistent enough to start as hooker. Perry can be a workaholic and make solid tackles and stuff, but i think his very lethargic and can be frustrating. I think Roberts has the qualities of a good hooker, fast, quick off the mark and can make those scoots out of dummy half and make a few linebreaks here and there.

Hopefully utai has a good game this week, and maintain his position as wing in FG. I dont know about you guys but i dont know about Cutler getting dropped down to PL. YES, he did make like mistakes and cost us the game and all, but his been up their in the try-scoring department and putting him down to PL wont have any effect in boosting his confidence back up. I think they should keep him in FG for another while and i reckon he could make a comeback into form.

obviouslyrat

Juniors
Whats happening with Reni Maitua, he dropped out of City v Country because of injury, is he alright for the game against newcastle.??

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
problem is Newcastle have worked out there Defense and the Dogs are struggling in there supposedly good forwards.
Knights will smash the Dogs by 20

Stranger

Coach
Dodger said:
Perry's won a premiership at hooker, Roberts is unproven. He's using the KISS principle for now and I don't blame him.

Rudder won a premiership at 5/8, want him?

Latest posts