What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs v Sharks

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Game thread...

Telstra, Sunday 3pm

GO DOGS! :crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
Team for mine depends on Hazem's selection.

Without Haz:

Cutler
Emelio
Millard
Tonga
Phelps
Holdsworth
Sherwin
Armit
Roberts
Hickey
Te Maari
SBW
Maitua

Cleal
Hughes
McIlwain
Kouparitsas

BWNB

First Grade
I see Patern may be out. This game will show how much we have improved from last year. The game we were expected to win last year against the baby broncos before SOO we lost. So i think this game will be rather close.

jimmythehand

Juniors
tbh i don't think patten will be out, i thought first contact was below the head. My tips is an early guilty plea and no weeks missed.

McLovin

Staff member
Same match against the Dogs last year. Dogs where missing Origin players and we got thumped despite what the scoreboard says...

Damn you Covell, damn you...

Timmah

Staff member
It was my "you're ugly" call (I was standing right behind him) as he went to kick that one that won us the game :D

MC84 said:
Same match against the Dogs last year. Dogs where missing Origin players and we got thumped despite what the scoreboard says...

Damn you Covell, damn you...

my heart was pounding in that game, at one stage we were ahead 26-6 Bulldogs i think it was, and all of a sudden it became 26-24

I think our major issue this week, will be last year we had Grimaldi (i really miss him), and Asotasi, this week the other boys will have to step up.

ShineDog

Juniors
Holdsworth in the 2nd row...this will be interesting.

Roberts and Sherwin..great combo..

Emelio on the wing..great move!!

Folkes I hope this works out!!

I would have love to have seen holdsworth or Roberts on the Bench...and a genuine 2nd row at 2nd row.

spider

Coach
the doggies site has him at 6"2, weighing 95kg

i honestly didnt think he weighed that much - but then again its stretched over 187cm

deceiving like star, inferno

Inferno

Coach
hmm. Well he's certainly big enough. For someone with decent ball skills though I'd play him at lock at let him roam. Could do a lot of damage linking up with the centres on both sides.

taffy

Juniors
he doesnt do damage in 5/8 when he is suppose to be linking up with outside men, what makes you say he will be when he is playing in lock??

atomic_crimson

Juniors
taffy said:
he doesnt do damage in 5/8 when he is suppose to be linking up with outside men, what makes you say he will be when he is playing in lock??

Reni has played 5/8 and was ineffective there, but at lock he is awesome.

Wishful thinking. Although I did expect DJ to be shifted there.

taffy

Juniors
atomic_crimson said:
Reni has played 5/8 and was ineffective there, but at lock he is awesome.

Wishful thinking. Although I did expect DJ to be shifted there.

dont think you can compare the two players. Maitua is a rep player and holdsworth is struggling to hold his position...

Timmah

Staff member
Roberts Sherwin will bounce off each other like nothing before... potentially our best halves pairing since Polly & Baa.

The Preacher

First Grade
Good to see Nathan Wynn getting a start in Premmies this week. He has been killing them in JB Cup, and is far too talented to be out of grade.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

Juniors
Great move by folkes sherwin/roberts combo looks good interesting to see how it goes.
You get the feeling DJ is on his last chance has being poor this year with mase & ryan back next week he could be in PL