What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dolphins News- My Meeting with Scott Sattler

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Today I met with Scott Sattler by chance at gold coast airport. He had his Dolphins shirt on, ad was waiting to meet someone off a plane from sydney (someone butterfield- not tony?)

Anyway, I asked him about how the Dolphins were going, and any news about there admission.
Scott assured me that it is garunteed they will be admitted, but not until august, for a 2007 entry.

he also told me the reason they were rejected last year.
apparently the NRL always had planned for expansion to 16 teams, but stated to the bidding parties, that they wouldnt be notified until 2005. And so the Dolphins aimed for admission for the 2007 season, with the green light in 2005.

The only reason any noise was made at all last year about expansion, was because the quality of the bids was very good. Scott was not suprised that no admission was made, it was just that the bids were so good the NRL had to pretend that they were doing something about it. perhaps the nrl went about it the wrong way, but they were looking towards 2005, as were the dolphins.

Its just the bears gave up after last year, and singo cracked the sh*ts. so tough to them.

Dolphins will be in for 2005.

He also gave me the whisper that Cronulla and souths were actually fighting over the $8m to relocate to central coast.
Scott said his dad was unhappy about souths re-locating, but realises its for the best for the club. (scott hinted souths were the ones that would move).

all in all a good convo, and i'm just wrapped that my home city will finally be getting a team again. Scott seems to be a great advocate for the club, and they really are going to turn a few heads in 2007.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
merchandise_1.jpg

Gold Coast Dolphins Academy Coaching Director, I think it his official title.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
So with that in his vocational title, you don't think there is a bit of bias in his statement ?

innsaneink

Referee
Ah well anything that gives bennett, cullen & the broncos the shits cant be all bad.

Looks like one of those crap SL jerseys. :-#

Broncodroid

Juniors
I am sure if you spoke to Scott Sattler he would of appreciated this conversation to be posted on a RL forum with a high volume traffic... :roll: :clap:

"Anyway, I asked him about how the Dolphins were going, and any news about there admission. Scott assured me that it is garunteed they will be admitted, but not until august, for a 2007 entry."

I am not sold on the above that a personal closely tied with the Dolphins franchise is going to spruke about the "guranteed" position in the 2007 competition to a complete stranger in the middle of an airport...a little far fetched though a very likely "story" given their Bears have all but dropped out and the 2nd NZ team was never a chance with Gold Coast and the Central Coast ahead of them. The laws of probability allow for such a "guranteed" forecast from even the cleaner at the GC airport.

Each to their own.

Magpie Nick said:
Gold Coast Dolphins Academy Coaching Director, I think it his official title.

That would be correct.

Anyone else asking why not bring in former Gold Coast and Dally M coach of the year Phil Economedis(sp) who has fallen of the Rugby League map...Sattler would still have a role their somewhere surely though get a COACH to fill such a title.

hadey

Juniors
Hahahahaha
I think Scott and Satts should have a chat sometime. Wasnt it only a few months ago that Satts went to the papers pushing for Souths to move to CC.
If Satts is so upset why would he push for Souths to relocate?
Souths relocating would be good for Scott thats why.
If Souths relocate then GC would be 16th team and Scott is assured of keeping his job.
I wonder if Scott has told Nick Pappas that Souths are relocating.

elevenstraight

Juniors
I merkin see the Bunnies moving they have their hearts set on a return to refurn. Cronulla on the other hand Will go INHO, they are already linked with CC thru their Junior team, the CC Rip.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Does anyone know where Dolphins HQ are on the coast? (address?)

btw. Scott has just moved up here last week to Tugun (Dad did the building aprovals for his house).

ibeme

First Grade
Well, if all of this is true, it goes against the likes of Phil Gould and co. who all thought that News Ltd was against expansion.

ibeme

First Grade
DIEHARD said:
Why is this in Controversy Corner? :roll:

As the details/story can't be verified, admin felt that this was the most appropriate place for it.

Knightmare

Coach
Well, last year I read in 'Big League' before the NRL announced it's final outcome on expansion that the Bears were all set to be given the green light. I won't believe the Gold Coast are in until I see it. As for the Bears, they are still in the hunt. 'Singo' has stated that as long as expansion is on the cards, he will back the Bears.