What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Furner on ABC Radio

edabomb

First Grade
raidersforme said:
Exactly we need to pump 300k at myles once we got one we can recruit a lot easier that's what the late 80's where all about club took a risk and shovel a heap of money a player's way but it paid off the rest came

He is worth it for his status and off load ability he can teach a few things and learn a few things

We used money in the 80s to land a few players. However, Clyde and Daley were local products. Also Stuart was a relatively cheap convert, it's not as easy as chucking money at Myles and expecting everything to fall into place.

raidersforme

Juniors
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
We used money in the 80s to land a few players. However, Clyde and Daley were local products. Also Stuart was a relatively cheap convert, it's not as easy as chucking money at Myles and expecting everything to fall into place.

Not to fall into place but start the shift towards us where players actually looked at coming here again hey once henry virgin year is over with THe WOK helping they might come for that as well

But we should be looking to sign him otherwise topping up players like Sau, Carney and Zillman can only spend the cap so far

edabomb

First Grade
raidersforme said:
Not to fall into place but start the shift towards us where players actually looked at coming here again hey once henry virgin year is over with THe WOK helping they might come for that as well

But we should be looking to sign him otherwise topping up players like Sau, Carney and Zillman can only spend the cap so far

I'm still skeptical on Henrys pulling power ;-)

Macko8

Juniors
Danny wiedler said Hannay was very close and expected him to sign with the Sharks.
But if we get hannay next year and keep mogg as well than our backline all of a sudden looks the goods
1.Chalk
2.Best
3.Hannay
4.Mogg
5.Graham

That would be a pritty good backline IMO.
Folks like frawley,howell and purtell would have to improve alot and actually prove themselves before they see FG in 2007, not like this year with Mr Loser(elliot) as head coach.
I'd also love to see Chalk at fullback,thats his best position on the park and he was going to take over at fullback soon enough anyway.

Zillman and Carney as halves and Dobson onto interchange bench or mix it up with those 3 halves,either way it'll be a very young conbination both ways but it can only get better!!

edabomb

First Grade
It's been reported that we're only going for Hannay if Mogg falls through. Pretty poor IMO, you should sign the talent while it's there. I guess the club still rate Frawley as a centre :roll:

Macko8

Juniors
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
It's been reported that we're only going for Hannay if Mogg falls through. Pretty poor IMO, you should sign the talent while it's there. I guess the club still rate Frawley as a centre :roll:

really?????ahhh management are piss poor.
That truely stinks on ice.

Chachi

Bench
Short article in the Telecrap implies we're a good shot at Myles after his chat with Henry. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Raider Azz

Bench
dunno why all the frawley hate. he certaintely doesnt deserve the money he's on right now, but he sure does have the potentional, and at least he is fairly injury-free this season. perhaps if we signed him to a much smaller contract next season, maybe even incentive base? i dont think its time to kick him out the door just yet, we've got MUCH worse players... (purtell anyone?)

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
Short article in the Telecrap implies we're a good shot at Myles after his chat with Henry. I'll believe it when I see it though.

yes I read that as well .... if we sign Myles my opinion of management takes an 180 deg turn

Paullyboy

Coach
Untill the next time you're pissed off at the world and look to management as a scape-goat?

Hannay has little talent, Id love to see him anywhere but Canberra. Nate Myles is great for Queensland because he plays with passion and heart, that wont keep him going for a full season though so I think he has dud signing written all over him. Besides, what the Roosters want - they get.

Bay56

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Untill the next time you're pissed off at the world and look to management as a scape-goat?

I dont use management as a "scapegoat" ... I include them as part of the reason we are in the situation we find ourselves.

What management have done is used a number of factors as scapegoats, ie Canberra, it's people, the business community, weather, roundabouts and anything else they can think off for their inept performance in managing a professional football club. Their is no more hostile environment for RL then in Victoria but I hardly see the Storm languishing in the botom half of the table.

If indicators such as the signing of a high profile player start appearing it is only right to congratulate them.

So PB before you open up with such a ridiculous comment do some research in what I have to say about management.

dubby

Bench
If we match the Roosters offer for Myles, I think we'd get him, especially if the Roosters finish lower than us on the ladder.

Besides, who'd wanna play with the games most overrated player and the games biggest sook? Plus a coach alot of players didn;t wanna play under....

julian87

Juniors
If Myles wants more money, he will come here. We would have outbid everyone by 50k a yr i reckon.

1 Phil GRAHAM
2 Marshall CHALK
3 Josh HANNAY
4 Adam MOGG
5 Colin BEST
6 Todd CARNEY
7 Michael DOBSON
14 William ZILLMAN

I think this would be an awesome backline, Howell and Frawley to cover the injuries, Purtell to a mopping the floors at Woden would suit me just fine.

Goalkickers would be
1 Carney
2 Dobson
3 Hannay
4 Graham

hrundi99

First Grade
I think there's way too much faith in Dobson's ability to step straight into the NRL...

sydraider

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
I think there's way too much faith in Dobson's ability to step straight into the NRL...

That may be the case but what else do you propose?

7. Withers
6. Carney

9. Tongue

14.Dobson

I think if Dobsons pre-season form warants him for selection then he should be given first bite of the cherry at No.7. Last thing I want to see is a pro-crastinated development ala T. Carney.

Bay56

First Grade
dubby said:
If we match the Roosters offer for Myles, I think we'd get him, especially if the Roosters finish lower than us on the ladder.

Besides, who'd wanna play with the games most overrated player and the games biggest sook? Plus a coach alot of players didn;t wanna play under....

I was nodding my head until I can to your last sentence

skeepe

Immortal
Maybe, just maybe you might admit you were wrong about Stuart?

Wait, who do I think I'm talking to here...

Latest posts