What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Donnybrook Cup: USA Tomahawks v Ireland Wolfhounds 2012

Evil Homer

Staff member
No it's not, you clearly are not aware of how the 'USA Tomahawks' operate. Either way there is absolutely, 100% not going to be TV coverage and you'll probably be lucky to find out the score within a week from any official sources so don't worry about it.

joshie

Live Update Team
i know how they operate. and the Irish get a game, and they can expand their product.

druzik

Juniors
No it's not, you clearly are not aware of how the 'USA Tomahawks' operate. Either way there is absolutely, 100% not going to be TV coverage and you'll probably be lucky to find out the score within a week from any official sources so don't worry about it.

I will be at the game, I am moving to New Jersy in a few weeks and so this year will be closer to the AMNRL USARL games to cover them.

amnrlfan

Juniors
There is no chance the match gets on TV. If it does it will just be a few shots of a local PA news channel covering it. Only live coverage you will get is if you follow twitter during the game :roll:.

I know you can at least watch the Atlantic cup matches live online if your not in the Jax area which is nice.

Evil Homer

Staff member
i know how they operate. and the Irish get a game, and they can expand their product.
This isn't the Ireland national team, the likelihood is that the Ireland squad will be selected from whichever domestic amateur players can afford to travel and get the time off work, and they will be playing against David Niu's mates. It's ridiculous to even attempt to describe this as a genuine international match.

billy2

Juniors
International games are all good.

People who oppose them because they are caught up in a world of petty politics have lost the plot.

league13

Juniors
International games are all good.

People who oppose them because they are caught up in a world of petty politics have lost the plot.

Billy,It's not Homer that has lost plot,that was lost by some individual sometime ago,hence their now being two comps in the States.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Thats shouldnt be stoping them, they can still play ireland or canada and jamacia if they wanted right?

Evil Homer

Staff member
In principle it should, but in principle the USARL (and the majority of non-USARL) players shouldn't have been excluded in the first place.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I agree and im all for what the USARL is all about but if they want to keep up or compete against the AMNRL they are going to have to have REP games of some sort.

Goldcoasttiger

Juniors
Unfortunately it is a moot point, at this time the USARL players are ineligable for the Tomahawks but serious consideration should be given to selecting the best from this comp to some sort of representative team. Even if you don't get to play many games in this capacity it is important because it gives recognition to those playing at a higher level and also sets a bench mark for those on the fringes to aim higher. In this early development any represenattive matches are important, it gives exposure to your product it encourages teams (of all levels) to tour and compete but also opens the doors for players to gain exposure away from (and expsure for) their domestic comp. The USARL has come so far in such a short time and deserves the recognition of it's best players. Perhaps an honoury Rep Team not unlike the AFLs All Australian Team is a step in the right direction?

paulmac

Juniors
Why dont the USARL get a side together and play the rebel Italian organisation on columbus day?

druzik

Juniors
Why dont the USARL get a side together and play the rebel Italian organisation on columbus day?

I would say that $$$ is the biggest objective to start with. I think we need to wait and see what happens in Italy forts. There may be a resolution there this year.

If it were me in the USARL, I would have a SoO type rep season. New England, Central and then South (maybe other names but you get the idea).