What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom 3

weasel

First Grade
The game looks good, I don't know when it comes out on xbox but I'll definitely be picking it up. I remember playing Half-Life for the first time four or five years ago and getting totally immersed in the storyline, sounds like Doom 3 is a similar experience.

bubs

Juniors
Meh.. Can't stand the Doom series.
For a great game, although getting on a bit now, is DIABLO 2 and the upgrade Lord of Destruction.
Go the Sorceress.

weasel

First Grade
*sigh*

I've always wanted Diablo 2, I loved the first one. Unfortunately I've been stuck with a piece of junk computer for years, there's no point for me to get any game made after the nineties cuz none would work.

Munky

Coach
Doom 3 just doesn't excite me.

I reckon Half Life 2 and Halo 2 will shite all over it.

Valve and Bungie know how to make a game with more than just graphics and atmosphere.

I'm still hanging out for info out Perfect Dark Zero.

Booyah

Bench
I have it. It's not bad. Good eye candy, but I got over the gameplay pretty quickly.

I was a bit disappointed by it actually.

I still reckon the 2nd one was the best.

I used to love those mindless 1st person shooters. Now I like the sneaky sneak-up-behind-and-slit-his-throat stealthy types. Hitman or Spliter Cell etc.

My computer nerd brother is creaming his pants over Half Life 2. Apparently it will revolutionise Counter-Strike. This is a good thing..?

Munky

Coach
Booyah said:
My computer nerd brother is creaming his pants over Half Life 2. Apparently it will revolutionise Counter-Strike. This is a good thing..?

It depends,

Do you have more than one computer and do you want to see your brother again?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Jus 182 said:
I have a P.4 1.8Ghz is that good enough man? 512 ddr Ram

same graphics card
Your CPU and RAM are fine, a new gfx crd would be necessary to play at a decent resolution though.
I've got a 2GHz Athlon with 512MB DDR and a Radeon 9700 Pro, and can play it at 1024x768 with high detail. It's pretty damn awesome, although I hqaven't decided if it's better than Far Cry (which was the best shooter since the original Half-Life). Half-Life 2 will probably own both of them though.

OVP

Coach
Jus 182 said:
OVP said:
Jus 182 said:
I have a P.4 1.8Ghz is that good enough man? 512 ddr Ram

same graphics card

Yes mate that should be fine to play it ... its the video card and ram that make the most difference though .. but youve got enough power there to play it well on your pc. Just use low settings like me ... it still looks f**king awesome at 640x480 rez. Honestly, even at that resolution, it looks f**king awesome ... just like a movie.

Just one more question mate, how u check what graphics card u got? i may have the dx series with 128 mb? is there any way u can check without physically looking at it?

Sorry i didnt get back to you earlier .. was a little under the weather yesterday. Just open up your control panel, double click on display, click on the settings tab. It should tell you there, or if it doesnt just click on the advanced tab .. should have the model of your vid card there.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Soldier Of Fortune II online is a top game
im acually getting quite good at it

egerly awaiting Half-Life 2, that should be great, hopefully there is another Soldier Of Fortune on its way

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ucantseeme said:
do you use a control pad with Doom 3 or do you use the keyboard.
Keyboard and mouse like all good first person action games. You could probably set it up to use a control pad if you really wanted tom, but you wouldn't, control pads suck horribly for that sort of game, which is why 90% of good first person shooters are on the PC rather than consoles.

ucantseeme

Juniors
when you say
Just use low settings like me ... it still looks f**king awesome at 640x480 rez

do you mean that the screen is smaller or the picture is less sharp but still full screen?

Latest posts