What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dopey dave's dopiest selection yet

john oldie

Juniors
Now he has got two second rowers in the centre .

Terminal Thompson and Danny Galea

what a price we paid . Not a single point and Galea let in three tries ( Dopeys fault not his)

How much longer have we gotto put up with this fool

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Given that Croker was a late withdrawal and Josh Miller was the reserve, what else did you expect to happen?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Furner should have pulled vintage mal meninga out of his backside and played him instead

wittyz chick

Coach
Given that Croker was a late withdrawal and Josh Miller was the reserve, what else did you expect to happen?

TV said it was a fracture in his back. Canberra Times saying it was a back strain

Anyone know what happened? And if he's a chance of returning this year?

Cryptic

Juniors
lol, I was wondering when this clown would show up again... Your suggestion is? Oh that's right, you never actually have solutions just "I would have done something different", regardless of the total lack of options...

john oldie

Juniors
lol, I was wondering when this clown would show up again... Your suggestion is? Oh that's right, you never actually have solutions just "I would have done something different", regardless of the total lack of options...

Personal Insults are always the first option of those who
have nothing to say

Furner sacked;

Phil Graham, Colin Best, Joel Monaghan (For a victemless crime)
and Adam Mogg(yes sacked). Now no centres

These are other examples of unsound decisions

I suggest you pull your head in until you can come upwith something better than name calling

edabomb

First Grade
But if we have 13 players over 100kg we will just run over the opposition and win every game.

Graham is struggling to make a team that is performing just as bad as we are , JCar has only been sighted a couple of times in the same team.

Mogg retired and moved into a coaching role on the Sunshine coast. His knees were shot , he would not have lasted another NRL season. His words.

We offered Best a contract he got a better one at Souths. And honestly he hasnt done much since.

Monas was unfortunate but the right decision was made. He needed to get away.

We have
Fergsuon
Croker
Thompson
Vidot
Stuart
Low
Milne
and Massey who Im sure could play wing

These players can cover the 3/4 line. Also we have some cracking U20's coming through. Sami Sauiluma looks the goods.

Out of those who left Monas and Mogg hurt but the others Meh

doggie_4_life

Juniors
There seems to be some serious hate towards furner (and with good reason, the guy is clueless) but just curious, if he got the ass, who would you raiders fans want to coach at canberra?

bileduct

Coach
Furner sacked;

Joel Monaghan (For a victemless crime)
Are you f**king serious?

Why are you blaming David Furner for this, Dopey Oldie? Any decision was ultimately going to be made by the board, with the NRL breathing down their necks, as well as major sponsors threatening to withdraw. Joel himself made the decision to leave.

The club has stated that it will welcome Joel back in the future.

f**k me dead, you're a f**kwit, Dopey Oldie. David Furner had no control over that situation, much the same as he has no control over the last minute withdrawal of Croker.

Do you blame David Furner for your inability to satisfy the missus?

bileduct

Coach
As for Adam Mogg, do you honestly believe that David Furner *sacked* him?

Wow, that's right, the Raiders got Mogg to cut short a lucrative ESL contract and come back to Australia, only to sack him at the end of the year but somehow convince him to publicly announce it as a retirement.

Dopey, dopey, DOPEY OLDIE!

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Does any one else feel that DF would make a good forwards coach or maybeeeeeee an assistant coach?? but how the F%&^% is he our first grade head coach?? no other club in NRL or ESL would take him for that:( shame our great club has to take this mediocracy.

hunters

Juniors
have nothing to say

Furner sacked;

I suggest you pull your head in until you can come upwith something better than name calling
Ahhh....that is why you start every thread with "Dopey Dave did blah blah blah"

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
have nothing to say

Furner sacked;

30 losses Furner is a poor coach who makes horrible positional choices but his retention of our young talent is excellent. I'm glad Best, Graham and Mogg aren't at the club, they being moved on is the reason Dugan, Fensom, Williams etc have remained at the club. As for Monaghan, sadly he made a ridiculous mistake and the decision to let him go was the right one to protect our image.

aussies1st

Staff member
He has been pretty good with getting the youngsters through but gotta question his motivational power over the team, his tactics and his selections. Far too many cons to his pros.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I haven’t seen too much of the Raiders this year but saw the game against the Roosters and listened to the game against the Sharks.

The amount of risk taking by the backline in particular was pretty bad and very low percentage play.

When someone learns to do something, they usually start slowly and then precisely build up until execution is close to flawless. The Raiders could beat Queensland if they could execute the style of game that they are trying to play but at this point in the team's development that would take a fistful of miracles.

Maybe Campese is a steadying influence but what I saw of the team without him wasn’t pretty.