What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dottie Henson dropped the ball!!!"

Did Dotti Henson drop the ball on purpose???

• I am a man - Yes, she dropped it on purpose

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I am a man - No, she did not drop it on purpose

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I am a woman - Yes, she dropped it on purpose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a woman - No, she did not drop it on purpose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
So I have been engaged in a seemingly untenable argument with my wife and sisters over the movie A League of Their Own and the famous ball dropping incident at the climax of the movie. This argument has been raging in my family for 18 odd years since the bloody movie came out.

They, and seemingly all women I've ever spoken to about this topic, are of the opinion she drops it on purpose because she wants her little sister to win for once.

I, and from my knowledge all men, believe that she was in it to win it. She whacks the ball at her head, she tells stares her down when she is crying in the dugout, she tells the pitcher to throw them high because she cant hit that pitch. She did everything in her power to win the game, but little sister Kit just finally got the better of her.

So I thought I'd bring this argument to LU to settle this once and for all.

Did Dotti Henson drop the ball on purpose, or did Kit just finally get one up on her older sister??

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I don't think she did it on purpose. She wasn't devastated about it because it meant her sister win but she wouldn't throw the game. Like you mentioned, why tell the pitcher how to pitch to her if she wanted her to win in the first place.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I've always thought it was deliberate. She did her best to win the game but obviously did feel a bit guilty about it, and then at the last split-second she impulsively let the ball go free.

Zigwaa

Bench
Hahaha, love the argument!

Testing my memory but I thought she dropped it on purpose to give the glory to her little sister.