What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Movements

RufusRex

Post Whore
Was really interesting last night ...

Apparantly if you make the in-goal area you can take as long as you need to take in gounding the ball

BUT

compare Hunt and Hickey ...

Both tackled short of the line - both with their momentum seemingly stopped - neither let the arm with the ball in it touch the ground.

Hunt had his try awarded and Hickey didnt ...

Curious

kurt faulk

Coach

that's because video refs are useless pieces of sh*t.

no way hunt scored a try. that was textbook double movement - momentum stopped means tackled.

i think video refs get locked into one ruling, as in did his ball carrying arm touch the ground and forget the bigger picture.

it should have been ruled on the ground anyway by the ref as it was so obvious, like the hickey decision.

sando88

Not a Moderator
i thought dat they were all no tries. sammut was held for like 5 seconds

AJH

Juniors
Don't know about anyone else, but I've got no idea what the rules are for a double movement. I'm starting to wonder if the ref's actually know.

I thought previously that a player couldn't promote the football once it had touched the ground. Then Michael Jennings scored against Parra (Round 17 I think) which blew that theory. Now Hunt gets awarded a try and Hickey gets denied when the ball didn't touch the ground but momentum was essentially stopped.

Does anyone in forum-land know the rules?

Cheers
AJ

beave

Coach
It changes every couple of years.

Hunts try last night, I deadset thought that looked like a double movement, it seems to be a lottery theses days.

K-Man

Bench
Don't know about anyone else, but I've got no idea what the rules are for a double movement. I'm starting to wonder if the ref's actually know.

I thought previously that a player couldn't promote the football once it had touched the ground. Then Michael Jennings scored against Parra (Round 17 I think) which blew that theory. Now Hunt gets awarded a try and Hickey gets denied when the ball didn't touch the ground but momentum was essentially stopped.

Does anyone in forum-land know the rules?

Cheers
AJ

That's how I feel these days.

The decisions are inconsistent that I find myself even questioning whether or not I knew the rules as well as I thought I did.

It's unbelievable. If they got every video ref to rule on some of these situations without being able to consult each other, the results would be scary (probably around 50-50 try/no try).

moik

Bench
Hunt's arm carrying the ball never touched the ground. Hickey's did. Both correct decisions.

Danish

Referee
Hunt's arm carrying the ball never touched the ground. Hickey's did. Both correct decisions.

Morons like to parrot this as though the ball carrying arm touching the ground is the be all and end all for a tackle to be completed.

How do you explain all those tackles where the player stays on his feet then genius?

Once momentum is stopped, the tackle is completed. Hunt had stopped dead with 2 men on him and laying flat on his side. Tackled, played on, penalty to the eels

Slackboy72

Coach

Hunt's definitely didn't touch but I thought the VR should have looked to see if Hickey's did.
That's basically the rule. Ben Creagh was denied a try earlier this year when in the process of reaching out to plant the ball his knuckles clipped the grass.

sando88

Not a Moderator
they cant go to video ref for hickeys cos ref already called held u goose, on his back n tackle completed

Red Bear

Referee
Morons like to parrot this as though the ball carrying arm touching the ground is the be all and end all for a tackle to be completed.

How do you explain all those tackles where the player stays on his feet then genius?

Once momentum is stopped, the tackle is completed. Hunt had stopped dead with 2 men on him and laying flat on his side. Tackled, played on, penalty to the eels
I thought hayne fell off him thus he had every right to put it down

Latest posts