What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doueihi. Stays or Goes

Stays or goes with best of luck

• Stays at all cost

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Goes, good luck kid

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Rabbit toes

First Grade
A lot of speculation around Doueihi and where he’ll be this year. So the question is do you want him to stay at all costs or let him go for the sake of his career.
He’s a great kid, no doubt but if he’s being offered a full time gig at another club (tigers rumoured) with a better pay packet then all the best to him.
Sure I’d like to see other players potentially move on instead but the reason he’s targeted is because of his talent. To keep him for the off chance we get injuries or suspension would be a luxury and somewhat selfish. This is the fallout of signing Mitchell. Can’t keep them all.

if he stays, who moves on??

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
A lot of speculation around Doueihi and where he’ll be this year. So the question is do you want him to stay at all costs or let him go for the sake of his career.
He’s a great kid, no doubt but if he’s being offered a full time gig at another club (tigers rumoured) with a better pay packet then all the best to him.
Sure I’d like to see other players potentially move on instead but the reason he’s targeted is because of his talent. To keep him for the off chance we get injuries or suspension would be a luxury and somewhat selfish. This is the fallout of signing Mitchell. Can’t keep them all.

if he stays, who moves on??
He doesn't have an offer for a better pay packet. That is precisely the point. If rumours are believed to be true, both Tigers and Storm want him, but not at his current $$$, and want us to pay the difference. And the Tigers are flush with funds. Why should we do that when we are not under cap pressure? That mentality needs to end, I'm glad this front office are not doing such accountancy practices.

It's not "selfish" to keep him, it's called being prudent. Injuries happen. No Souths supporter would wish their team to get injuries but it happens. Braydon has never played a full season, AJ hasn't either in years. Adam Reynolds is one of the toughest guys I've seen wearing red and green since we were readmitted, but he could break down or get hammered at any time. We are one Cody or Adam injury away from a disaster for the season if there is no Adam Doueihi

Rabbit toes

First Grade
He doesn't have an offer for a better pay packet. That is precisely the point. If rumours are believed to be true, both Tigers and Storm want him, but not at his current $$$, and want us to pay the difference. And the Tigers are flush with funds. Why should we do that when we are not under cap pressure? That mentality needs to end, I'm glad this front office are not doing such accountancy practices.

It's not "selfish" to keep him, it's called being prudent. Injuries happen. No Souths supporter would wish their team to get injuries but it happens. Braydon has never played a full season, AJ hasn't either in years. Adam Reynolds is one of the toughest guys I've seen wearing red and green since we were readmitted, but he could break down or get hammered at any time. We are one Cody or Adam injury away from a disaster for the season if there is no Adam Doueihi
By going to another team and getting a starting gig, doest this increase his value? Whoever picks him up would increase his salary ea season as opposed to the fixed one he’s on now. Besides he looking at a bench spot (at best) with us at the moment.
Injuries strike, no doubt, but we’ve got juniors and an old goat as back up.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
By going to another team and getting a starting gig, doest this increase his value? Whoever picks him up would increase his salary ea season as opposed to the fixed one he’s on now. Besides he looking at a bench spot (at best) with us at the moment.
The reports are his next season is more money than this coming season.

It won't be "at best", he'll definitely be in the 17 and getting mins. If Cam Murray sits, there's mins for him at lock. Who knows, Wayne could even put him in an edge forward rotation, he has the ball skills, passing, and is capable of tackling centres and second rowers. If we don't get Arrow, we may need to play with fast pace and very mobile forwards to counter getting rolled in the middle by bigger teams like Canberra and Melbourne

What juniors have we got that can cover Cody and/or Adam? You wanna put a rookie out there to control the game? We've tried that before and it didn't turn out well.

Doueihi can be an Aubusson but better. That has a lot of value in a squad for a long season

Travitoh

First Grade
My preference is that he stays.
If I'm making the call, I'd let him go to Wests if they put an offer to him but wouldn't retain any of his salary. He either takes a pay cut or Wests match his current contract.
He stays if it's Melbourne. He won't be displacing Papenhuyzen or Munster any time soon and i don't see him as a half back.

Legion

Juniors
Souths were paying too much for AD.
They know this & is why the Bunnies are kindly paying $100,000 towards his salary for this year [and did I read that Souths are also chipping in $100K for 2021?]

Very decent thing to do. AD is 'coming home'. Latrell will understand how that feels.

This puts more pressure on Mitchell to succeed at FB.
When he ends up back in the centres, who've you got who can cover that position? Or would Uncle Wayne just give LM a cuddle, persevere & hope that he comes good at FB?

Legion

Juniors
My preference is that he stays.
If I'm making the call, I'd let him go to Wests if they put an offer to him but wouldn't retain any of his salary. He either takes a pay cut or Wests match his current contract.
He stays if it's Melbourne. He won't be displacing Papenhuyzen or Munster any time soon and i don't see him as a half back.
Well there's the thing Trav, many see him at HB & a likely replacement for Benji [How good is that for the young bloke? Couldn't get a better mentor for half back than BM]
It certainly is one to watch.

It's understandable for Souths to want to keep him but that's not fair for a young bloke who is on the rise to keep him 'just in case'.
Letting him go was the right thing to do.

Thanks Souths. Adam will fit right in at Tiger Town. We are very pleased : )

Travitoh

First Grade
Well there's the thing Trav, many see him at HB & a likely replacement for Benji [How good is that for the young bloke? Couldn't get a better mentor for half back than BM]
It certainly is one to watch.

It's understandable for Souths to want to keep him but that's not fair for a young bloke who is on the rise to keep him 'just in case'.
Letting him go was the right thing to do.

Thanks Souths. Adam will fit right in at Tiger Town. We are very pleased : )

Isn't Luke Brooks the 7?

Just my opinion but Doueihi's looked most comfortable in first grade playing FB.

Either way, a good pickup for Wests who have have a pretty good recruitment drive in the offseason. I hope to see them not only make the 8 but push for top 4.

Legion

Juniors
Isn't Luke Brooks the 7?

Just my opinion but Doueihi's looked most comfortable in first grade playing FB.

Either way, a good pickup for Wests who have have a pretty good recruitment drive in the offseason. I hope to see them not only make the 8 but push for top 4.

Yes, I meant that some see Adam replacing Benji at 5/8.
Maguire is an astute judge of players so if he sees that then it's a possibility.

The way I see it is if AD goes really well at FB, then it really should be up to him if he replaces Benji or stays at fullback.
Either way we will need to plug a hole in our spine.

Since you mention Luke, many of us see his best position as hooker. LB is a reliable defender, he's committed & puts in. He's quick off the mark & he's got a good passing game.
Brooks is a good half but he's not a great one.
Personally I think he'd be a very good hooker.

Thanks. We are so pleased to see our team coming together.
After all the years of mismanagement & stupid decisions [Jason Taylor was the worst. Then Clearly comes in a clear 2nd place, handing out ludicrous contracts that have weighed us down then running off to Penrith after he swore black & blue 'I'm not going anywhere'] it's great to finally have a coach like Madge whom I rate highly.
Just the way he talks using words like 'we' & 'us' shows he's a team man & at the Tigers to stay.

And yes, I don't think that finishing in the top 4 is out of the question if all the stars align & we avoid major injuries [touch wood] It will all depend on how we gel as a team.
Before these recent signings many of us saw 2020 as a rebuilding year but now I see finishing 6th as a real possibility.
The following two seasons I don't think that top 4 is an unreasonable expectation.

Last edited:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Glad Doueihi has gone.
How’s this from the mental giant in an article today. And then, they have him goal kicking....he’s faking hopeless
He’s got the worst stats in the NRL

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/02/ranking-every-clubs-goal-kicking-stocks/

It will be a challenge this year. Last year this club was just one win away from the eight, and only three points behind Souths. Madge [Michael Maguire] is all about hard work and discipline, two traits I have, and while it's in the back of my head the club hasn't made the finals in a while, I'll be putting in the hard work to help bring this club some success.''

Doueihi will also take over goal-kicking duties. He worked with the club's premiership No.1 Brett Hodgson during last Friday's first session.

Legion

Juniors
Glad Doueihi has gone.
How’s this from the mental giant in an article today. And then, they have him goal kicking....he’s faking hopeless
He’s got the worst stats in the NRL

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/02/ranking-every-clubs-goal-kicking-stocks/

It will be a challenge this year. Last year this club was just one win away from the eight, and only three points behind Souths. Madge [Michael Maguire] is all about hard work and discipline, two traits I have, and while it's in the back of my head the club hasn't made the finals in a while, I'll be putting in the hard work to help bring this club some success.''

Doueihi will also take over goal-kicking duties. He worked with the club's premiership No.1 Brett Hodgson during last Friday's first session.
Oh you poor miserable bastard. Shit, even Latrell felt for the situation that his arrival put Adam in.
If I was a gambling man, I'd put a few dollars on AD doing just as well at FB as LM, if not better.
That's IF Adam plays FB. He hasn't made any demands like a spoilt brat with a swollen head. He just wants to put in & do what's asked of him.

AD turned up fit with a brilliant attitude.
Mitchell turned up to training doing his best Artie Beetson impersonation, thinking that he only has to turn up to succeed. I'm surprised that he wasn't munching on a Four n Twenty during training. That really showed restraint & probably his idea of professionalism, lol.

I'm delighted that Mitchell didn't sign with us. He has liability written all over his pudgy face, big belly & fat head.
With Douehi & Leilani we got the better deal.

You should be more concerned about how Uncle Wayne is going to break it to Latrell that he's going to have to put in, remain focused & play an entire 80 minutes rather than flinging your poo at Adam.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Oh you poor miserable bastard. Shit, even Latrell felt for the situation that his arrival put Adam in.
If I was a gambling man, I'd put a few dollars on AD doing just as well at FB as LM, if not better.
That's IF Adam plays FB. He hasn't made any demands like a spoilt brat with a swollen head. He just wants to put in & do what's asked of him.

AD turned up fit with a brilliant attitude.
Mitchell turned up to training doing his best Artie Beetson impersonation, thinking that he only has to turn up to succeed. I'm surprised that he wasn't munching on a Four n Twenty during training. That really showed restraint & probably his idea of professionalism, lol.

I'm delighted that Mitchell didn't sign with us. He has liability written all over his pudgy face, big belly & fat head.
With Douehi & Leilani we got the better deal.

You should be more concerned about how Uncle Wayne is going to break it to Latrell that he's going to have to put in, remain focused & play an entire 80 minutes rather than flinging your poo at Adam.

Your welcome to him. He walked out on a contract because he knew he wasn’t good enough to lace Mitchells boots.

Oh, and I’m a poor miserable bastard for being critical of Doueihi so you’re pathetic sad sack cuz you can’t see your hypocrisy

Legion

Juniors
Your welcome to him. He walked out on a contract because he knew he wasn’t good enough to lace Mitchells boots.

Oh, and I’m a poor miserable bastard for being critical of Doueihi so you’re pathetic sad sack cuz you can’t see your hypocrisy

Don't be bitter. Douehi has come home. Even Latrell understands.

At this point Mitchell is just raw potential. Adam Douehi is a team player who puts in. He will not throw a dummy spit, have a big sook ... er, I mean, he wont take time off for 'mental health issues' when he's asked to fill a gap. There's no need to tell him to get into shape. No need to motivate AD because his head is already in the game, raring to go.

Poor temperamental LM though, that's a very likely outcome when Uncle Wayne loses his patience at his star players need to be coddled every step of the way. You do understand that it's a team sport, that there's other players to look after?

Hang on a minute, I think I've just found the solution. Souths .... er beg your pardon, Souffs need to appoint a carer/coach/cuddler just for Latrell. Someone who can give him 100% of his time. Someone to hold his hand & give him a cuddle when he's having a sook. Give him a trainers vest so he can shadow LM on the field to tell him to pull his finger out ..... er sorry, I mean to inspire & motivate him.
There, that might work : )

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Now as you said, don’t be bitter.
You missed out on Latrell, & got a sooky la la and a fat meathead, BJ, to replace him.
:bulb:

Legion

Juniors
Now as you said, don’t be bitter.
You missed out on Latrell, & got a sooky la la and a fat meathead, BJ, to replace him.
:bulb:
Look, I love a battle of wits as much as the next bloke buy I feel that it's just not right to go at it with an unarmed player.

You're either really confused or blinded by bitterness that it sounds like we're talking about a completely different subject.

So Wily ol' Coot, I'll leave you to it. Try to have a nice day & don't forget to take your pills.
There's a good fella. : )

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
A pity that the sooky la la that is Doueihi doesn’t have the moral fibre or brains of AJ or Liam knight

COWBOYS CIRCLING RABBITOHS STAR
The Cowboys have already boosted their attacking strike power with the signing of Valentine Holmes for his NRL comeback. Now they have made an approach to South Sydney Rabbitohs star Alex Johnston, who has been given permission by coach Wayne Bennett to look elsewhere.

Johnston has a year to run on his deal at Redfern but has lost the fullback spot to Latrell Mitchell. He knows it will be tough, but at this stage he is reluctant to leave.

Knight chose culture over coin
Rising Rabbitohs prop Liam Knight knocked back the best part of $500,000 to recommit at Redfern.

Travitoh

First Grade
A pity that the sooky la la that is Doueihi doesn’t have the moral fibre or brains of AJ or Liam knight

COWBOYS CIRCLING RABBITOHS STAR
The Cowboys have already boosted their attacking strike power with the signing of Valentine Holmes for his NRL comeback. Now they have made an approach to South Sydney Rabbitohs star Alex Johnston, who has been given permission by coach Wayne Bennett to look elsewhere.

Johnston has a year to run on his deal at Redfern but has lost the fullback spot to Latrell Mitchell. He knows it will be tough, but at this stage he is reluctant to leave.

Knight chose culture over coin
Rising Rabbitohs prop Liam Knight knocked back the best part of $500,000 to recommit at Redfern.

AD has left a bench job for a starting job.
Disappointing that he's left but he's done what he views as being best for his career and imo, made the correct decision.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
AD has left a bench job for a starting job.
Disappointing that he's left but he's done what he views as being best for his career and imo, made the correct decision.

No doubt he’s thought he’s made the right decision and frankly, I’m glad he has gone given that attitude

AJ & Knight we’re entitled to walk also but obviously are made of better stuff. Stuff that will benefit both player & club, immensely

Legion

Juniors

ol' Coot, is it true that your mum had to tie a pork chop around your neck when you were a kid so that the family dog would show some interest in you?

You are in no position to comment on anyone else's morality. Nor brains for that matter.

When did Adam D. have a "sook"? Because he left because he does not want to be a utility player or worse, a reserve? Because he wants to further his own career?
Talking about sooks, even Latrell felt bad for the position his arrival put AD in.

Douehi gave a very articulate interview after he signed with WestTigers, He's made no demands but rather, says that he's happy to play wherever he is needed. What a refreshing, mature attitude from a young bloke.
AD will put in week in week out regardless of position [though I think that he will start at FB]

Not sure why you're so bitter at losing Adam. Aren't you at least pleased that Souths got Mitchell?
Are you bitter because you know that we got the better deal?
LM is yet to prove himself at FB & we're yet to see if he'll handle the pressure that he's under. He's yet to get himself in peak physical condition.
AD is a solid dependable player who turned up to training fit as. [Plus we had heaps of $$$ left over to sign other players like Luiani]

So it's easy to see why you're unhappy to lose AD. But it's a poor excuse to go slagging off at a decent young fella just because he left for greener pastures due to being surplus.
That speaks volumes about your character ..... or should I say, the lack off.

Travitoh

First Grade
No doubt he’s thought he’s made the right decision and frankly, I’m glad he has gone given that attitude

AJ & Knight we’re entitled to walk also but obviously are made of better stuff. Stuff that will benefit both player & club, immensely

I don't understand why Knight is being discussed, he's going to play decent minutes in 2020. The opportunity is there for him at Souths.

AJ has a year remaining on what is believed to be a decent contract and i doubt NQ would be offering more to make moving over 2000km's north worthwhile. Even if he's released at the end of the season, he'll get a contract that will allow him to remain in Sydney.

Doueihi left a low minute bench role at Souths to move across town for a potential starting FB job at Wests.

If your opinion of Doueihi is that he is a sook, then what is your opinion of Latrell Mitchell leaving Easts because he wants to play FB?