What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust, Price, Recruitment Theory

Doesn't the NRL grant each year cover the salary cap for the club??

and possm; in terms of attack, last weeks game against Souths showed how much he has done with our attack..... if we converted half of the million times we were in Souths 20m red zone, we would have won

RedVee

First Grade
No it doesn't. Then you have the NSW cup cap, and the 20s cap, off field staff etc etc.

The problem is that the Leagues Club is losing money, and the grant to the Footy club has diminished year on year. The Steelers Club gives little or nothing in cash to the Footy club.

I think chasing Mitchell Pearce while it would be a great coup for the club emotionally it will hurt us in other areas that need attention ie forwards I think Jacob Miller from the tigers is a better move that will allow us to fill other positions but I agree with other posts it seems weird that cronulla and the titans just seem to spend up and their both crying poor of the field anyway Pearce won't be coming to the dragons no one wil for the short term so we may as well get used to the bottom of the ladder for the next year or two until price fien cooper hornby and Soward are gone

The Preacher

First Grade
Doust couldn't recruit anything other than a bad fart. Ego the size of Rod Hennikers arse, a split pea brain, and he really thinks HE is St.George.
Don't wait one more year, get rid of the "dead wood" NOW.
It's not as if we haven't paid players that were NOT at the club in the past, hey Petey, not that you would comment on it yourself (remember that Petey).
There is no reason other than the older blokes playing one more year that we are not in the marketplace. although they have been great for the club, the use-by date has passed, and an approach the players with the situation should be undertaken.

Here endeth the lesson

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Solid theory. It may be prudent at this point, who knows.

In 6 weeks, this will all be over. Consigned to the dust bin of history and benchmarked for shit seasons to come. Much like 2007.

After that, we'll be taking some time off and then looking forward to next season again as the cricket wears thin around Christmas time.

We are certainly at the bottom of our cycle. Next year may not see an improvement. Maybe it will.

All I will remember is that 18 months after our last such season, we were the best team in the comp and three years after it, we were the best team on Earth.

make it so once again people who can.

big pat

Coach
Solid theory. It may be prudent at this point, who knows.

In 6 weeks, this will all be over. Consigned to the dust bin of history and benchmarked for shit seasons to come. Much like 2007.

After that, we'll be taking some time off and then looking forward to next season again as the cricket wears thin around Christmas time.

We are certainly at the bottom of our cycle. Next year may not see an improvement. Maybe it will.

All I will remember is that 18 months after our last such season, we were the best team in the comp and three years after it, we were the best team on Earth.

make it so once again people who can.

and you know what pisses me off more than anything, is doust and the board will come out with the same tired old excuses, we heard pre bennett, and they have everything so tightly tied up, so no can do anything about it, except the drastic measure of tossing in your membership, and maybe not buying anymore gear.

Elias1983

Coach
and you know what pisses me off more than anything, is doust and the board will come out with the same tired old excuses, we heard pre bennett, and they have everything so tightly tied up, so no can do anything about it, except the drastic measure of tossing in your membership, and maybe not buying anymore gear.[/QUOTE]

This will happen regardless if the team is not performaing well.

The memberships and merchandise sales will not be anywhere near 2009-2012 when we were winning so hopefully this will force their hand.

I doubt it because is a farkwit who couldn't organise a root in a brothel!

Last edited:

krispyredv

Juniors
Personally i think we already have Hornby's replacement, we move sowie to 7 and slot kyle in 6.

The backline would look a little like this:

1. Cummins (must bring him in next year)
2. Morris
3. Beale
4. Vidot/C.Stanley
5. Nightingale
6. K.Stanley
7. Soward

Latest posts