What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#DoustOusted - Dragons CEO to step down

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
St George Illawarra Dragons CEO Peter Doust has announced he will step down at the end of the season.

The Dragons have released a statement to announce he had decided to retire from his role at the end of the 2018 season, "enabling the club to determine and implement an appropriate succession plan".

Doust has racked up nearly 18 years in the role after taking over from Brian Johnston midway through the 2000 season.

He informed Johnston, who is now the club chairman, recently of his decision which he made over the Christmas holiday break.

"I have, and will continue, to thoroughly enjoy my time in the role," Doust said.

"I feel very fortunate and privileged to have been afforded the opportunity to be the CEO of the Dragons and to have had a career in rugby league.

"I made the decision over the holiday break, in consultation with my family, and I wanted to give Brian appropriate notice to allow he and the board, the opportunity to plan for the future.

"Essentially after 25 years in health care and 18 years in rugby league, I am at the stage in my life where I would like the time to pursue other interests. Rugby league by its very nature, never stops.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the role, and am extremely passionate about the club and remain focused on its objectives before I finish-up. However, I don’t believe that now is the time to reflect on my time at the Dragons."

Johnston said he had the highest respect for Doust and "his passion, dedication and leadership have been first class".

"His loyalty to the club, the staff and players has always been unwavering and we are very fortunate to have had him leading our club as CEO. Rugby league is a very challenging and dynamic environment and he deserves enormous credit for his leadership, trust and resilience," Johnston said.

"He has always ensured the Dragons' interests were heard and considered at every level of the game and we are grateful that he has given the board appropriate time to consider a replacement and assist with any transition."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/01/peter-doust-to-quit-as-st-george-illawarra-dragons-ceo/

taipan

Referee
My dragons mates are nearly crying.
They have wanted this for a long time.

When one suggests they have Dragon mates, they should whisper the fact.It's not a good look. in the public domain:p
PS My wife was a Dragoon's fan.Keep it under wraps.

This Year?

Immortal
tenor.gif

Please let it be Mary next

tenor.gif