What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust's Open Letter to Red V Members

Saintsified

Bench
I've finally worked out, after 2 years now with McGregor what the "D" means.
McGregor always spruiks the "D".....'our D was great tonight or we need to concentrate on our D and (the best I think) "we are known for our D"

Obviously the "D" stands for DOUST!

and here i was thinking DRINK, DRINKERS, DRUNKS.

nrlnrl

First Grade
As everyone predicted, the reply is mostly copy & paste. He will hide behind it until next year when the teams that haven't made the top 8 will be under the microscope. Then, you guessed it - copy & paste , update a few minor details.

Groundhog Day has nothing on the way this club is being operated.

monsterkev

Juniors
im sick of hearing the same f**king shit about mcgregor and doust everyone sitting on fat arses just talking the same shit every god damn day that i read this forum
stop talking and start action
dont go to games,cancel memberships,dont buy merchandise etc
send emails to the nrl and media do whatever it takes but dont just talk about it as it is becoming boring
dont bother sending anything to st george leagues as you cant even get a response out of them

MilanDragon

Juniors
Is anyone surprised by this letter? Really it's just a standard letter from an executive from an underperforming organisation.

Be realistic - 6 weeks out from the finals he's hardly going to announce wholesale changes to the club structure or resign. I'd take more notice to such letters during the offseason, where real changes can be made

Saintsified

Bench
im sick of hearing the same f**king shit about mcgregor and doust everyone sitting on fat arses just talking the same shit every god damn day that i read this forum
stop talking and start action
dont go to games,cancel memberships,dont buy merchandise etc
send emails to the nrl and media do whatever it takes but dont just talk about it as it is becoming boring
dont bother sending anything to st george leagues as you cant even get a response out of them

You just got here, its only been 14 or so so days, you need to put in at least 5 years on here to be sick of hearing it hehe

dragon-83

Juniors
My young nephew gave me a call today he asked if i would go to the game next weekend against the dogs i basically said to him their a shit team.

getsmarty

Immortal
To me...it means the media campaign, fans anger...online polls...and Facebook rants are working...
Keep it up..
Next is by default a drop off of crowd numbers and membership hence merchandise.
Sorry, I can't no longer cop this...if it takes some tough love, so be it...

Agree 100%..hit them in the hip pocket...They will then have no other option...The NRL may even need to step in.

hillbillyserb

Juniors
Doust has answered us in the same manner every dictator has spoken to the country they control.
He has said he will not quit and he has support of the board.
In other words i rule this place for how ever long i want and the board and i have declared martial law.
As has been mentioned by others, the only way to make a change is for fans to stop going to games and stop buying membership, this and a social media bombardment especially radio phone ins

We must have a uprising or our club is doomed if its not already.

GKJ79

Juniors
To me...it means the media campaign, fans anger...online polls...and Facebook rants are working...
Keep it up..
Next is by default a drop off of crowd numbers and membership hence merchandise.
Sorry, I can't no longer cop this...if it takes some tough love, so be it...

Everyone needs to once and for all show Doust and co...that we refuse to accept being treated like shit, and we will not support them, honestly if the fans boycott for long enough, we will get the result we want, We deserve a ceo, and coach that listen, respect, and will settle for nothing but the best for the Dragons faithful, no more reject signings, that no one else wants, having a team that attracts quality players, and develops its juniors, and definitely no jobs for the boys.

since77

Juniors
We now need someone from the media to take this open letter and go to town with it. I'm still astounded he was dumb enough to publish a letter so arrogantly out of touch and bereft of intellect.

Tuddy

Juniors
I can't speak for the players but.......

Would you be happy with the current situation?

When you've probably got mates at other clubs telling you how good it is over where they are?

It's not like they can say how they really feel, as upsetting the bosses is normally not a great idea. They will walk though.......or just not come at all. So really, this isn't just about the fans, it's about those who may not be able to have a voice at all.

Mr Red

First Grade
I can't speak for the players but.......

Would you be happy with the current situation?

When you've probably got mates at other clubs telling you how good it is over where they are?

It's not like they can say how they really feel, as upsetting the bosses is normally not a great idea. They will walk though.......or just not come at all. So really, this isn't just about the fans, it's about those who may not be able to have a voice at all.

Players that are simply collecting a salary won't care about the club or performance and I think we have a few of them in our ranks. Others with ambition such as friz, Aitken, Dugan will no doubt have their managers out sniffing around at other clubs when their contracts are near expiration....

Old Timer

Coach
Rear Mr Doust,

No doubt you and the board have received an overwhelming amount of correspondence which has resulted in you making a general response to all Dragons fans despite earlier assurances people would receive individual replies.

In general terms you have used a broad brush to whitewash the many concerns of the Dragons faithful.

Many of the concerns related to how uninspiring your's and the boards leadership is of this once great club.

I am happy to inform you that you have finally inspired all of us and given us what we need and that is the inspiration to continue on our collective path to be rid of you, most of if not all of the board and the coaching staff.

If any of the fan base was likely to waiver be assured that you have galvanised them and the continuing protest and outcry will make the SOS campaign look like a backyard BBQ.

You could have seen it is time for reform and finally instigated it but instead you have chosen to bunker down and hope that it will all go away.

Be assured sir ,that the fans are not convinced or fooled by the pathetic response you have delivered and the intense scrutiny of the media will become like a ray of sunshine for the legion of fans you have chosen to ignore and leave behind.

Yours truly,

A very aggrieved Dragons Fan.

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
There is currently only one legal way of moving the immovable object that is P Doust and that is join the St George's Leagues Club as a full member. Sure in his JV position is protected by multiple boards and levels of ownership but you have to start somewhere.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
There is currently only one legal way of moving the immovable object that is P Doust and that is join the St George's Leagues Club as a full member. Sure in his JV position is protected by multiple boards and levels of ownership but you have to start somewhere.
You need to be a full member for like 50 years before you're allowed to vote on what serviettes are used in the bistro. Ok maybe it's only 3 years, but you get my drift. Those dinosaurs in the boardroom have barricaded themselves in.
Hopefully the media will stop focusing on parramatta now and turn their attention to us.

duck

Juniors
Pathetic.

Doust passing on blame to other factions and departments of the Dragons.
Do you mean the part where he says decisions regarding employment of individuals is made by the board of directors? He wrote that because it is fact.

What a disgraceful, pathetic and cowardly effort hiding behind the illusion of "integrity".
Disgraceful? Pathetic? Cowardly? You're kidding right?

Cutting through the BS, the message I got from it is YOU (meaning we) don't decide anything, YOU have no say
Because we (as Red V members) DON'T have a say, and rightly so. if you want to make a long term difference join the St George Leagues Club and in a few years you'll have voting rights.

In other words..screw you (supporters)
If that's the way you read it then you had your mind made up beforehand.

I found it well written and found it addressed the issues. He's not going to outline the club's plans for all to see. Nobody should expect that.

He concedes things aren't rosy on the field and I truly believe that McGregor is on shaky ground, but the club is hardly going to announce this given we are still a chance of making the eight.

I personally want McGregor gone. I don't like our style of play and I find his selections and use if the bench mind boggling at times. But if we sneak into the eight y'all better get used to the fact Mary is our coach next season.

since77

Juniors
Do you mean the part where he says decisions regarding employment of individuals is made by the board of directors? He wrote that because it is fact.

Disgraceful? Pathetic? Cowardly? You're kidding right?

Because we (as Red V members) DON'T have a say, and rightly so. if you want to make a long term difference join the St George Leagues Club and in a few years you'll have voting rights.

If that's the way you read it then you had your mind made up beforehand.

I found it well written and found it addressed the issues. He's not going to outline the club's plans for all to see. Nobody should expect that.

He concedes things aren't rosy on the field and I truly believe that McGregor is on shaky ground, but the club is hardly going to announce this given we are still a chance of making the eight.

I personally want McGregor gone. I don't like our style of play and I find his selections and use if the bench mind boggling at times. But if we sneak into the eight y'all better get used to the fact Mary is our coach next season.

Hello Peter Doust! Welcome to the forum! I warmly encourage you to peruse the posts on this forum and then reflect inwardly on how far out of touch you are with reality.

Duck, duck, GOOSE.

Latest posts