What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons and Slingers.

Choppies

Coach
We all know by now the new NBL teams are the South Dragons, which are the new expansion team and the Singapore Slingers care of a relocated Hunter Pirates franchise.
My question here is, do you think they will work?
My opinion on the Dragons is very strong and I beleive they are trying to emulate an NBA team in terms of professionalism.
On basketball messageboards im on I see Victorians crying out for a team and they got an alternative to the Tigers. I can see them winning a championship in their 1st few years of existance.
The Slingers on the other hand I'm not so sure of. It seems to me that because of the collapse of the Pirates they rushed gettting a team in Singapore. Personally I would have preferred a team on the Gold Coast 1st (which the NBL has said is coming)

Thoughts?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Souths Dragons (Is that would we'd get is Saints and Souths had merged?) will challenge in their first year. They look like a strong expansion team....but so did the Breakers.

Less said about the Slingers the better. Put the wooden spoon in a DHL box and send it up to Singapore now.

Choppies

Coach
The development of a Singapore team was rushed. The NBL (Perth Wildcats home games) had only played 2 or 3 games in Singapore and then a team was made.
I wouldn't call them in for the spoon just yet, the Razorbacks still have a team remember :lol:

Panthers_God

Juniors
I cant believe Hammer is playing for a Melbourne team.

Its gona hurt to see him not wearing a kings gernsy