What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Fear Eels

Eldorado

Juniors
Extract from Sportal Com.....

"St George Illawarra and Australian Test five-eighth Trent Barrett says the club is desperate to win it’s final two matches in order to avoid the daunting prospect of meeting Parramatta in the first week of the finals.
The Dragons are almost assured of a place in the semis regardless of the results of their remaining two premiership games, but they could finish in eighth position meaning a match-up against the brilliant Eels at Parramatta Stadium would be their first task in the finals. Barrett believes a meeting against the Eels - a side St George Illawarra are yet to overcome since becoming a merged entity in 1999 - is a task better left to another club. “I don’t think anyone wants to play Parra at Parramatta Stadium, so we don’t really want to finish eighth,” Barrett said. “Of the rest of the teams that we’ve played that are in contention, Parramatta was probably the only one that dealt us a bit of a hiding and whilst we’re not scared of them, we are a little bit weary of them. “I think the first week of the finals would be a little bit early in the semis to be meeting them.” Suppose he should know what he's talking about :)

Eldorado

Juniors
I take it that you are referring toBarret there as my only comment was that he should know what he is saying, or do you believe he is talking shit.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No no. I referring to the subject of the post. Barrett makes good sense. Best to play the easy beats before drop kicking the pretenders...

Eldorado

Juniors
LOL, I take it your a dragons fan. The subject line is the headline of the story on sports.com, not mine. As for playing the easy beats I wish you well, it looks like being either the knights or the sharkies, if you consider them easy then you should have no worries there. Can't see how the most dominant team can be called pretenders, thought that title belonged to the wannabees and aspirers :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well there goes the neighbourhood... this place is getting over run with Eels supporters.

Welcome to the forum Eldorado. Hope to see more of you.
emthup.gif

Eldorado

Juniors
Arrr, now theres a true contender, them Doggies is the ONLY team that worries me, the rest we can take but the dogs will be tough, it is just the tradition of things :)

Eldorado

Juniors
Huh? What's this about! He wasn't hopping into me, he is just a dragons fan, don't expect rationality from those guys. :)

Eldorado

Juniors
HaHaHa, well I actually like the Knights so that explains your good manners. You guys areusually pretty down to earth with the working class background and all, my sort of people. You must be one of the youngens to hold such delusional dreams so I'll let it pass :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Prince of Protocol...
Hey Roopy! I hopped and then I welcomed... who said I have to stand on ceremony?
embeer.gif

Eldorado: If you get a chance, be sure to to add your handle to the 'Getting To Know You' thread....
emwink.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"> <tbody> <tr bgcolor=#ecf1f6> <td nowrap></td></tr> <tr> <td>Getting to know you</td></tr></tbody></table>

It's been knocked into the previous 50 on the All Topics Page. I blame Roopy for that.

I think the above link should take you there...

Eldorado

Juniors
Thanks Willow, have done so now. That is a very informative topic, I'll go through it now to check out who's who and leave you and Roopy to fight over which one of you gets the reality checkwhen your teams meetin week 1 :)

Latest posts