What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons get preferential treatment

Ribs

Bench
lol Phil Rothfield...... for a reporter he'd make a fine speed hump.

Nobody called him back because of the constant dribble he writes with his side wart Rebecca Wilson. Is he too stupid to realise this?

As for the 'no scandal' crap, all Ive read about is constant name dropping of people involved in scandals and pictures of Inglis with a red line through him on the back page. They must be spewing they cant rip into Inglis.....

saints_fireup

Juniors
The man is a moron. I find it difficult to comprehend that the market dictates that a man so devoid of any journalistic ability should be paid so handsomely.

Read the SMH.

drake

First Grade
Sorry but I had to reply.

I'd like to believe my comment gets up, but I doubt it.

TheRev

First Grade
If it wasn't posted here, I wouldn't even know about it. Obviously someone is reading his column.

Here's something to calm the waters - an article to remind us that the balanced view does actually exist:

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=18360

nice link, a much better article.

I dont know what the right answer is, I dont like that standing up for yourself means you risk extra weeks on the sideline, but I dont know how else to do it, unless you just go back to everyone who is put on report, defending themselves each week.

Frankly around finals time, maybe that should be the case, its too important a time to have 1 guy coming up with what seems like an arbitrary decision, which decides the clubs fate.

Nitro

Juniors
LOL - couldn't help but reply.. dunno if it will make it on the page... I suggest not..

Mate, your an absolute idiot, I think your just having a cry because your team is heading towards the spoon, and quite deserved I should add.
What about your good mate Tony Zapia and the pride of your club Greg Bird, wheres your article complaining about how much of a gentleman they both are? And how they should win the next noble peace prize for gentlemenly conduct.
I agree the call against the bulldogs was harsh, but you know what? That's footy! I see no mention of in the same game when Benny Hornby picked up a spilt ball to run through under the sticks untouched was pulled back for a bulldogs knock on with no advantage? What about the Idress try where he was clearly before the tryline? Meh, karmas a bitch...
Justin's tackle I said since I watched it deserved a grade 1, the commentary on channel 9 the same night also said it shouldn't even be looked at, however, your free to express your opinion. If you think that tackle deserved a month, I think you should put on your skirt and Wing Attack vest and start supporting netball. Not for the women either I would like to add...
Good luck in your tipping, I suggest you will keep losing whilst you keep tipping your scum team.
Kindest regards,
Adam.

Big Red V

Juniors
This has fired me up, I love the big banner on the home page with the words, "PROTECTED SPECIES" with a bright red background.

I love his comments with in regards to the forwards passes and Bennet getting special treatment. This guy is a joke, I sent a comment too but i dont think it would get approved. Absolute nob!!! Not sure why but this has really hit a nerve and fired me up.

saint pebba

Coach
Here is my reply followed by his:

Phil,
Please tell me this blog is a gee up.
The charge for Justin Poore should have been a grade one from the start.
Soward was charged for the kick at Inglis and escaped suspensions by pleading guilty. The exact same thing happened with Thurston in SOO 3 but you didn’t blow up then.
I guess this is another case of a scumnulla suppporter with sour grapes that his team is looking at a wooden spoon.

Ok, what did the NRL do when Soward allegedly Matt Ballin. Ballin is old school and didn’t want to go on with it. Soward didn’t have a case to answer. Now what did the NRL do when Paul Gallen racially abused Mickey Paea, another player who didn’t want to go on with it. That fined Gallen $10,000 without even getting his side of the story. I’ve already said this has nothing to do with me being a Cronulla season ticket holder. There is a perception out there that Saints are getting away with a few things that other clubs don’t.
Phil Rothfield
Thu 13 Aug 09 (11:38am)

There is no point trying to talk sense to the clown when he can't even write a decent response.

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
Here is my reply followed by his:

Phil,
Please tell me this blog is a gee up.
The charge for Justin Poore should have been a grade one from the start.
Soward was charged for the kick at Inglis and escaped suspensions by pleading guilty. The exact same thing happened with Thurston in SOO 3 but you didn’t blow up then.
I guess this is another case of a scumnulla suppporter with sour grapes that his team is looking at a wooden spoon.

Craig of Sutherland (Reply)
Thu 13 Aug 09 (09:34am)

photo_384.jpg
Ok, what did the NRL do when Soward allegedly Matt Ballin. Ballin is old school and didn’t want to go on with it. Soward didn’t have a case to answer. Now what did the NRL do when Paul Gallen racially abused Mickey Paea, another player who didn’t want to go on with it. That fined Gallen $10,000 without even getting his side of the story. I’ve already said this has nothing to do with me being a Cronulla season ticket holder. There is a perception out there that Saints are getting away with a few things that other clubs don’t.

Phil Rothfield
Thu 13 Aug 09 (11:38am)

There is no point trying to talk sense to the clown when he can't even write a decent response.

are you sure rothfield wrote this, it looks more like a schoolkids rambling.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
how quickly can we get a banner made up for saturday's game??

PROTECTED
MINOR
PREMIERS

Big Red V

Juniors
how about a banner saying rothfield is a complete joke and a dissapointing excuse for a journo.

Seriously though, Muzby has the right idea :)

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Rothfield said:
Mate, your a Goose-for-life. Fair dinkum, learn to take some critcism mate.
I love it how he calls a bloke a "Goose-for-life", yet he cannot distinguish the difference between "your" and "you're". How the hell is this guy a journalist? He is a butcher of the english language.

Latest posts