What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Head Of Recruitment

justadragon

Bench
This is why I have been banging on about this for a couple of months now. Who the f$#k is organising this shit for the club in the background, this is what we have become when we have wanted to sign anyone, a f#@king joke, and I dont blame Flanno its our administrators that need a right old shafting. We never give ultimatums to anyone we are after, we just cop it sweet when they have signed with someone else. So all this time wasted on pursuing someone who f#$ked us around has caused massive issues in our ability to sign anyone for 2025. Thankyou Webb and Haran for your exceptional contractual skills, and to you POS, well played you obviously used the Dragons as click bait to get what you want from somewhere else, instead of being upfront and saying you didnt want to go to the Dragons, you played us, well done !!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry as usual behind a pay wall.

Well there you go for f ck sake. What did Newcastle offer O'S and who in that club negotiated this from out of the blue?

We are just destined to have Haran and Millward doing our recruiting for decades. We are a joke. We can't get the players and we can't get the guy to get the players. He must see us like some of the better players do - too tough an assignment with the way we are set up in many respect. So to P O'S you can rack off and may bad luck follow you.

Dragon David

First Grade
Can Ryan Webb please come to the fore and let us know what in hell is going on ffs!!!

Where is the club heading with recruitment, retrenchments, pathways etc for the years ahead.

If we cannot secure one of the best recruiters in the business then let us know what the clubs alternatives are even if it is to say that Haran and Millward will continue with these tasks in the absence of Shane Millard. Just tell us something for heavens sake.

Dragon David

First Grade
Do we revisit hiring Scott Fulton??
Have not seen any news that he has picked up another gig anywhere, unless I have missed it.
No news is good news DD. The Knights were quiet with their news and grabbed P O'S with not a whisper of a word from any of media men like Carayannis who said that we had tabled a good offer to O'S.

Rumours and speculation go hand in hand with our club. It doesn't pay to read, hear, see what this club MIGHT be doing. It's what the club WILL be doing is what I am waiting to hear, see, read about.

Signings to be hush hush. The Tele saying the Knights beats the likes of St George Illawarra to sign O'S again makes us look bad and embarrassing. Jesus wept and is still crying god love him.

hewi

Bench
registered-breach-pixel

Rugby league recruitment guru Peter O’Sullivan joins Newcastle Knights​

The man who helped build the Dolphins roster is heading to Newcastle after the Knights beat the likes of St George Illawarra in the race to sign Peter O’Sullivan.
Phil Rothfield Phil RothfieldSports Editor-at-Large

@BuzzRothfield

less than 2 min read
June 15, 2024 - 11:12AM
https://archive.md/wD6dN/again?url=.../0f9c1a1b433867a3a26158eab184faa1#share-tools

The Newcastle Knights have beaten St George-Illawarra to secure rugby league’s number one recruitment guru Peter O’Sullivan.
O’Sullivan is the man who, alongside Wayne Bennett, built the Dolphins roster for their entry into the NRL to become such an overnight success story.
He has previously worked at Melbourne Storm, the Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors where he discovered and signed the likes of Greg Inglis, Israel Folau, Boyd Cordner, Latrell Mitchell and Joey Manu as unknown teenagers.
NRL recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan is heading to the Knights. Pic: Twitter.

NRL recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan is heading to the Knights. Pic: Twitter.
It is a significant signing for the Knights, a heartland rugby league franchise with a massive junior nursery and a potential development and pathways system that should be as strong as Penrith.
He is expected to leave the Dolphins straight away.
Two weeks ago O’Sullivan appeared certain to be heading to the St George-Illawarra Dragons after several meetings with coach Shane Flanagan.
But Knights coach Adam O’Brien and general manager of football Peter Parr convinced him to head to Newcastle.
Newcastle have a number of key players coming off contract next year including Great Britain imports Kai Pearce-Paul and Will Pryce.

Knights signed until the end of 2025​

Adam Elliott
Dylan Lucas
Jack Hetherington
Jackson Hastings
Jayden Brailey
Kai Pearce-Paul
Leo Thompson
Thomas Jenkins
Will Pryce

Pearce Paul has been one of the buys of the year on the edge for the Knights this year.

More Coverage​

‘I am committed’: Ponga opens up on contract furore, injury woes ‘I am committed’: Ponga opens up on contract furore, injury woes
They also have Jackson Hastings, Adam Elliott, Jayden Brailey, Leo Thompson, Jack Hetherington, Dylan Lucas and Thomas Jenkins free to negotiate with rival clubs from November.
O’Sullivan’s thoughts on Hastings will be of particular interest.
The Sunday Telegraph reported last weekend that the Knights had reached out to NRL 360 host Braith Anasta in regards to his halfback Lachlan Ilias, who has been granted permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

justadragon

Bench
He is still working for the Dolphins who are up to their eyeballs in season 2024. He recently signed Fineakufi from the Cowboys to the Dolphins, resigned Bostock and brought TPJ. I can't wait until we have official confirmation (if it is happening) but understand that he has current commitments.
The beauty of signing POS is twofold positive.......we would be getting the best there is whilst keeping Haran and Millward the fxck away from Retention/Recruitment/Development/Scouting. Those two should be unemployed from a Dragons perspective if we are to be serious about becoming a power club again.
Next step after that is to piss off any impotent board member who has thrived in a scenario of administrative under performance, Nepotism, cronyism and any other .....ism.

I noticed the government has green lighted the wind turbines for the Illawarra coastline. Regardless of where anyone sits with this politically, does this mean Twiggy is now tied to the Illawarra?

PS , I don't want to talk politics/environment as I treat this as purely a footy/RedV forum.
He leaves for the Knights in 2 weeks !!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Has Newcastle agreed to take P O'S's son to be their half back? O'Brien and Parr able to sweet talk P O'S and our guys Flanno and G/M of Football Haran given the thumbs down.
It is said by Buzz that the Knights junior nursery is massive and their potential development and pathways system would be as strong as Penrith. We have a massive system as well so it was not only that I am assuming most probably more personalities I guess.

Anyway, another prospective signing down the gurgler and time to put this aside and concentrate on working on a way to beat the Knights again and again in football.

The Knights of all clubs!!

Kolum Kid

Juniors
So we still dont have a recruitment manager with Millard incapacitated indefinitely…
maybe POS didn’t want to be directed by Haran… who knows… all I’ll say is that we haven’t had a proper recruitment guy for nearly 2 years… the coach can’t do everything
I think this comment re Haran would be on the money. He obviously has his riding instructions from some one upstairs. I'd also say that the person who leaks to the press needs a rocket up their backside and not be privy to any further club negations going on.

Latest posts