What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Knights trial

possm

Coach
I'd like to see how Pearson and Ravalawa go and if Dufty has improved his defence and positional play; like to see him take some high balls under pressure.

In the forwards, I'm interested to see how Kerr, Timm, K Sims and Host go. I hope Leilua shows a bit more in defence.

It will be interesting to see where Aitken plays. My tip is that he will be on the bench for ISP.

gitano

Juniors
I'd like to see how Pearson and Ravalawa go and if Dufty has improved his defence and positional play; like to see him take some high balls under pressure.

In the forwards, I'm interested to see how Kerr, Timm, K Sims and Host go. I hope Leilua shows a bit more in defence.

It will be interesting to see where Aitken plays. My tip is that he will be on the bench for ISP.
Aitken will be FG right centre. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Crush

Coach

Now you have Aitken playing off the bench for ISP?
Wow, talk about a fall from grace!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Allow Kerr to mix as much as possible with the Simms brothers so as to get a bit of mongrel about him . He is built like a block of concrete, but seems to be somewhat placid on the field, hopefully the S boys can teach him a few tricks of the trade .

I'm sure Gareth that jimmy graham may also be able to show him how to play with a bit of ticker

mickey lane
St. George Dragons

His NSWRL career began controversially when in the 1977 pre-season, he was coaxed by his former coach Harry Bath to play for St George in a trial match at Grafton. Brennan played under the pseudonym 'Mickey Lane' because he was still in contract negotiations with Brisbane Souths. He was recognised and fined $500. He joined St George in 1978.

He was a twice winner of the mid-week competition's ‘golden try’ award in 1978 & 1981. He was the NSWRL's equal leading try-scorer (16t) in season 1979 and played on the wing and scored a try in St George's 1979 Grand Final win over Canterbury.

Souths and Canberra

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hey - If they need a few to make up the numbers
I'll strap on the Addidas Caps again.
They're around here some where

As builder, l'm prepared to be the Sand boy'. I'm sure if there are no shots at goal by halftime, l can have a council approved miniature block of units made out of sand, rendered in your choice of colour by the time they walk off.

Old Timer

Coach
Ot
What year was the mickey lane saga.
Can you remember.
Played the trial in 77 whilst still under contract in Brisbane and and came to the Saints in 78 and quickly became a fan favourite
The outcry in the paper was staggering with Ron Mc Cauliffe a Qld senator bringing the incident up in parliament.
Interesting he tried to get a contract in Canada 75 but had visa issues or something like that so if not for that quirk of fate may never ended up here.
Had a brother “Rowan” I think who played NRL a few years later for the Raiders and was pretty quick as well.

Drag Queen

Bench
For his own self development. Who knows he may turn out to be a great utility player one day.
How Possum? I don't get your logic here. He got into first grade young. He is still young. What the hell is McGregor teaching him? Not much. I'm going for Mary on this one because of his inept coaching. I'm fairly sure he was our second top try scorer, but he failed passing the ball big time. The young fella is pretty quick, but I could probably count at least quite a few games when he should have offloaded to score. He will not learn anything going backwards into reggies. Then again, he won't learn more under McGregor's tutelage. Relegated to utility would be a shame, much like Mann. The coach needs to go.

possm

Coach
How Possum? I don't get your logic here. He got into first grade young. He is still young. What the hell is McGregor teaching him? Not much. I'm going for Mary on this one because of his inept coaching. I'm fairly sure he was our second top try scorer, but he failed passing the ball big time. The young fella is pretty quick, but I could probably count at least quite a few games when he should have offloaded to score. He will not learn anything going backwards into reggies. Then again, he won't learn more under McGregor's tutelage. Relegated to utility would be a shame, much like Mann. The coach needs to go.

I feel the blame belong to those who run the pathways program and the coaches who coach our juniors. Dufty is not being required to do anything other than what most fullback first graders have to do. Ok he needs coaching or up-skilling right now but in the end it is up to Dufty to perform.

Life's Good

Coach
can I get

a Halle friken LULIA!!! man I hope this is true.....so sick of the ball dying with him , hes not a centre!
I second that. Lomax will need time to develop but he has shown enough in the lower grades & the few touches in FG to give us hope. That kick in the semi vs. Brisbane tells me there is a very good footballer coming our way.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Lol at anyone thinking footy instincts can be trained ... Aitken is a dumb blunt instrument with minimal “footy sense” .. a prop in a centres body. Cut him loose and move on.

80 games of same old same old ... it’s rein all over again ...

nontime111

Juniors
Aitken may make it as a forward, hes not a centres armpit hair.....you either need to be the ball playing type like an Ella or Gasnier or Lomax OR a huge hulking stemtrain who CAN smash through everytime...like a Meninga or Hurrell hes neither....