What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons not carried away with early form

"It's still good, It's still good..." - Homer Simpson.

There was only positives to take out of last nights game.

+ The forwards were good, Weyman looks promising. Smith brought some needed mongrel. Creagh was good. Young needs his role properly defined, to lock. Priddis was good. Costigan was off a bit. Hunt was serviceable. And there were no injuries.

That's pretty good.

+ Head had an ordinary game. That should be out of the way, and hopefully he is up for the next game, if selected. The halves were ordinary all together actually. Soward was quiet. But that was obvious and gives food for thought about Hornby's return. Having good depth with options if injuries strike is not a negative. I think Hornby will lock down the 7, when fit.

Head didn't make enough opportunities for this back-line (that everyone including me, is flogging over.)

Opportunities through passing, not kicking and hoping. I thought he was supposed to be a passing, ball player. I don't know if this was a presumption made after seeing his woeful kicking game last night?

Worst comes to worst, the Dragons have seen that Hornby and Soward can work and keep Head in Shell Harbour trying to break in to the FG squad, keeping everybody honest.

And, if by all reports, they haven't been doing much ball work in training, I'm sure they will be all ears when Uncle Wayne wheels out the white board. Cos they were lost out there last night.

I'm still very confident about our first game in Melbourne, wherever the venue.