What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons or Bulldogs

mameimo

Juniors
Which team really is better, if both teams was at full strength.

Dragons Bulldogs

1. Darius Boyd 1. Luke Pattern
2. Brett Morris 2. Hazem El Mazri
3. Beau Scott 3. Josh Morris
4. Matt Cooper 4. James Idris
5. Wendell Sailor 5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Jamie Soward 6. Ben Roberts
7. Ben Hornby 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Justin Poore 8. Ben Hannant
9. Nathan Fien 9. Michael Ennis
10.Michael Weyman 10.Michael Hodgson
11.Ben Creagh 11.Andrew Ryan
12.Dean Young 12.Gary Warburton
13.Jeremy Smith 13.David Stagg
14.Micky Paea 14.Jarrad Hickey
15.Neville Costigan 15.Greg Eastwood
16.Matt Prior 16.Yileen Gordon
17.Jason Nightingale 17.Daniel Holsworth​

Personally i think:
Darius Boyd>Luke Pattern
Brett Morris>Hazem El Mazri
Beau Scott<Josh Morris
Matt Cooper>James Idris
Wendell Sailor>Bryson Goodwin
Jamie Soward>>>Ben Roberts
Ben Hornby<Brett Kimmorley
Justin Poore=Ben Hannant
Nathan Fien<Michael Ennis
Michael Weyman>Michael Hodgson
Ben Creagh>Andrew Ryan
Dean Young>Gary Warburton
Jeremy Smith=David Stagg
Michael Paea>Jarrad Hickey
Neville Costigan=Greg Eastwood
Matt Prior>Yileen Gordon
Jason Nightingale>Daniel Holsworth
Wayne Bennett>Kevin Moore
Dragon Fans>Bulldog Fans​

But that is my opinion.​

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
Both side's backlines are pretty strong, they probably have a slight edge in attack but we've got the best edge defence in the league.

Both team's forward pack are strong, but I think ours is stronger. Same goes for the bench.

I'd probably say the halves combinations are more or less equal.

The only real advantage they have over us is at dummy half but Fien's addition to the team has closed the gap.

Last edited:

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Can you really say that Kimmorley is greater than Hornby? Is that only because he made Origin 3, because Hornby has been consistent all year where Noddy is a bit hot and cold.

captain

Juniors
I think you also have to look at combinations, and I would say that the Hornby/Soward combination is better than the Kimmorley/Roberts combination. Kimmorley is one of those dominant halfback's, but if you manage to contain him, the whole thing turns to mustard...witness the Manly Bulldogs game from a couple of weeks ago where the Bulldogs had every opprtunity to at least get the scores level before fulltime, but stupid decisions by Roberts lost them the game.

big pat

Coach
you can throw up all sorts of combo's, and stats about both teams, but at the end of the day, when it comes to finals footy and pressure is on, i think i will breathe a little bit easier knowing wayne bennett is in charge of the dragons.

dragonfire

Bench
you didnt just rate Stagg the equal of Smith???? I think Ben Roberts is pretty good when he is on as well. Defensively our backline holds the dogs in check. Goodwin probably ahead of Sailor as well

you can throw up all sorts of combo's, and stats about both teams, but at the end of the day, when it comes to finals footy and pressure is on, i think i will breathe a little bit easier knowing wayne bennett is in charge of the dragons.

fuc** oath!

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
I think Ben Roberts is pretty good when he is on as well.

Yeah he's good, but he is no Jamie Soward. The best 5-eight in the competition would really come down to Locky and Sowie. Either way, you have to hand it to Wayne Bennett. Campese and Barrett are probably 3rd and 4th but so far away.

big pat

Coach
wayne bennett to save our saints, we are proudly powered by soward, because everybody loves weyman, and we will be saved by the dell.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I reckon he is just slightly better but that is my opinion.
Kicking game wise and direction yes, running game Hornby sh*ts all over him. Soward has by far the best kicking game of all 4 halves from both sides.

Both sides play a completely different style of footy, honestly I think the bulldogs defense is a bit flaky at times which might cost them later on in the season.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
play them ten times against each other and I reckon they will win 5 games each, they are both good teams

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
dragons > bulldogs.

this argument is about as one sided as..... umm..

about as one sided as...

this.

sumo_wrestling_fight-13078.bmp

BigNormProvan

Juniors
It's hard to give an unbiased opinion when you hate a club as badly as I hate that mob, everything about them stinks, everything.

Big Norm