What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons players of the late 80s early 90s

boardlumps62

Juniors
No deflection..

Price was at the Dragons in the early 90s.. He didn’t make 1st grade till 1997..

Now, back to you..

How is 1997 not the late 90’s? Do you see it more as mid 90’s or is it more of an pre-early noughties?
1997 to me is the late 1990 you are correct. The thread is late 80's early 90's so 1997 is?

boardlumps62

Juniors
1997 was probably a lot like 2019 nothing doing and going down hill. I will have a think about it. Yes Manly beat us in a dodgy GF and we probably had a shit year following. And hasn't improved much since then except 1999 and 2010.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No deflection..

Price was at the Dragons in the early 90s.. He didn’t make 1st grade till 1997..

Now, back to you..

How is 1997 not the late 90’s? Do you see it more as mid 90’s or is it more of an pre-early noughties?

It was an atypical deflection from yourself. The title’s thread CLEARLY indicates “Dragons’ players from the late 80s/90s”, and YOU inexplicably trot out Steve Price, who played a few first grade games for Saints in 1997.

You just didn’t read the heading before marching off headlong into your usual masked tomfoolery, attempting to bluff your way through another characteristic error.

Pathetic yet unsurprising.

Y’know, if you (for once) just say “I stuffed up”, the world won’t collapse?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1997 was probably a lot like 2019 nothing doing and going down hill. I will have a think about it. Yes Manly beat us in a dodgy GF and we probably had a shit year following. And hasn't improved much since then except 1999 and 2010.

The “dodgy grand final” you’ve referred to was actually in 1996 against Manly.

Twelve months later, things seriously went awry due to Super League. Back then, Saints had a decent mentor in David Waite, who, despite a shaky start, managed two grand finals. This scenario under McGregor has absolutely zero chance of repeating itself:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It was an atypical deflection from yourself. The title’s thread CLEARLY indicates “Dragons’ players from the late 80s/90s”, and YOU inexplicably trot out Steve Price, who played a few first grade games for Saints in 1997.

You just didn’t read the heading before marching off headlong into your usual masked tomfoolery, attempting to bluff your way through another characteristic error.

Pathetic yet unsurprising.

Y’know, if you (for once) just say “I stuffed up”, the world won’t collapse?
Price was a Dragons player in the early 90s..

This is an undisputed fact.. Check all the junior reserve grade logs..

Yet somehow you not only dismiss this fact, and then go on to claim that 1997 isn’t considered late 90’s?

That’s just bizarre, man..

Bizarre..

I know you like to be disagreeable, but when you’re trying to argue against both record books and the Gregorian calendar it gets a bit far fetched..

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Does anyone remember little Chris Guilder in the 80’s. he was a tiny hooker from memory and gave up the game due to an illness. I liked watching play.

getsmarty

Immortal
images

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Price was a Dragons player in the early 90s..

This is an undisputed fact.. Check all the junior reserve grade logs..

Yet somehow you not only dismiss this fact, and then go on to claim that 1997 isn’t considered late 90’s?

That’s just bizarre, man..

Bizarre..

I know you like to be disagreeable, but when you’re trying to argue against both record books and the Gregorian calendar it gets a bit far fetched..

Burp.

I’m starting to feel you’re the inspiration behind one of Jethro Tull’s songs.

Last edited:

Qapm

Juniors
Around 1985 or 86 who was the player that worked as a sports coach at Endeavor High School?

Latest posts