What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Season Preview

BennyV

Referee
I still think we lack that so called "x-factor" in and around the ruck.

With reduced interchange and tiring forwards, speedy halves and hookers are going to be dangerous for opposing defences. Guys like Milford, Segeyaro, the Nikorima brothers, Damien Cook, Matt Parcell even a guy like Ben Barba will wreak havoc late in games.

Benji in his younger days could have played this role, but as a half plays a different role now. We don't have anyone really that can play this role (except maybe Quinlan?)

This is probably our biggest weakness.

Keep in mind that Rein still has a solid running game. If he is around in the last 10-15 minds of each game, there'll be opportunities for him. Likewise, Havili. I'm also hoping that Mann comes with some good awareness and support play, seems to have the speed and agility to create.

And don't discount the damage that Friz and Dugan will do on the right edge.

V

Vasilevsky

I think the difference this season you will see is the depth compared to last year. I dont think Mary will have any issues dropping players when he can see talent in our depth.

I hope you are right but it looks like he is going to ignore trial form and pick Lafai for round 1 so that isn't a good start.

Dragsters

First Grade
I still think we lack that so called "x-factor" in and around the ruck.

With reduced interchange and tiring forwards, speedy halves and hookers are going to be dangerous for opposing defences. Guys like Milford, Segeyaro, the Nikorima brothers, Damien Cook, Matt Parcell even a guy like Ben Barba will wreak havoc late in games.

Benji in his younger days could have played this role, but as a half plays a different role now. We don't have anyone really that can play this role (except maybe Quinlan?)

This is probably our biggest weakness.

Agreed we don't have that X factor type player but we didn't start 2010 with one either.

I know Bennetts game plans were majestic but we got it done with a good all round team.

I'm not sold on teams having one stand out star as the way to go.

I just think it can see the rest of the team just expect the star will produce something special every game ala the eels in the Hayne era.

Give me a team of capable players working for each other any day.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Gallery: Pre Season Training Week 15

Wed 24th February, 10:00AM

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/..._season_t.html

Some top knotch photos here
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

saintjeff

Juniors
Only one so called xpert has tipped us to make top 8 in rugby league week and One has tipped us to slide down the ladder ,but the teams tipped to improve over us are unproven